News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

hello
bad news :( my forum was leach attacked again and I had to re-do it all again
but new problem. I installed Forum Firewall before installing EzPortal
and it installed good no errors but the right blocks Column's shows at the bottom
and not on the right side.

I also activated leach protection with my host but as the rest of my forum works
I don't think it's the leach protection stopping the column's

I did the parser and looked at the install my self and everything is good

would there be file protection settings i need to change or template string i need to edit?

primetime

Is there a way to enable when a user hits the enter buton on his/her keyboard that it sends the shout? It would be easier than clicking the "add shout" button each time.

TIA
Brock

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

T3CHN0

Word of advise to all. portal does not work when in maintenance mode as I just found out :)
forgot I had it turned on and spent the last 2 hours trying to fix it lol boy do i feel stupid..

vbgamer45

Yeah i orginally had it setup to work in maintenance mode but some people did not want it to work in maintenance mode can't win lol
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

T3CHN0

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 07, 2011, 10:02:34 AM
Yeah i orginally had it setup to work in maintenance mode but some people did not want it to work in maintenance mode can't win lol
LOL win some loose some, it's a great MOD all the same.. pity it can't be an option to have it on or off in maintenance mode.
I like to put maintenance mode on when working on the forum and to see how it looks with maintenance mode on is better to me :D

I have a little issue,, not a problem just annoying for me to look at
I have some things in right side columns and one of the things is a block for a program called TeamSpeak
now when the TeamSpeak server is on everything looks good but when I shut the server off for the night
I get a TeamSpeak error on my forum, this is normal and have to except it.

My question is can I force the right column to be a size I want it to be or do I just have to live with it?

By looking at the pic's I hope you understand my short story :) 2nd pic shows the error pushing the column to wide

Click on images to make bigger

Don Houston

OK, I have two questions for you on EZPortal.

The first is I am trying to make a HTML coded for the National debt clock.  I put it in an html block and this is the code I am given from the site I got it from

<iframe src="http://www.usadebtclock.com/us-debt-clock-widget.php" height="80" width="350" scrolling="no" frameborder="0">
</iframe>

But it only shows the code when it should show the national debt clock.

Also I have the RSS feed enabled and it does not show time and date or a separation between posts.  Now I have it to where it shows my main site and it does it fine.  So what do I need to do to correct that.

The site is http://kdtechnology.com/test/

How do I solve this.  I would like to use EZ portal on my main site but I need to get these few bugs worked out if I can first

vbgamer45

For the html code issue in the editor click on the html button or disable tinymce to go into pure html
and then input the code

<iframe src="http://www.USADebtClock.com/us-debt-clock-widget.php" height="80" width="350" scrolling="no" frameborder="0">
</iframe>

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Don Houston

OK, I got the Debt clock to work.

Now the only issue left is the RSS feeder.

Also do you have a blog mod for EZ Portal?  Just curious

vbgamer45

For the RSS Feedblock may have to add an option to include the datetime and a separator.

At the moment do not have a good blog mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

T3CHN0

Not a big problem and not sure if others have found this as well
but my portal has just one problem, has done for a long time but
tonight thought I would suss it out.

I notice with the block ""Todays Birthdays"" when 'ON' I can't access package manager
when off no problem. tested all other blocks with Todays Birthdays still on but only
when Todays Birthdays is off is when it's all good again.

I have over come this in the passed by just turning the right side column off
when installing other mods as I found in the passed by the column off is when
everything worked; but today thought I would suss out what block was causing
the problem.

it only effects the displaying of the package manager and nothing else.
I can still view Download Packages, Installed Packages, File Permissions, Options
all within the same settings section. only package manager I can't.

Only a small bug and not sure if it's just me only but wanted to let you know all the same

cheers

Jeff B

I am wondering if Custom Action Mod    3.2  does not work with EZPortal?  I've added a custom action page called "toolbox"  using Custom Action Mod    3.2. and then I added the action "toolbox" within ezportal, then clicked the toolbox action for the block I wanted visible on this toolbox action page, however after going back over it, re-doing it, and looking for something I might be missing, I can not get the block to appear.  If I knew it didn't work with Custom Action Mod, I'd just quit trying. :)

vbgamer45

Does not integrate with the custom action mod so it does not know about those custom actions.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

Okay, Thank you. That saves me some time for sure. :)  Would a better way to do it that be to use the create a page with your mod?  I've just finally upgraded to 2.0.1 from 1.1.15 and never used a portal in the past. I modified the index template in the past which was always a mess. 

vbgamer45

Either work work not sure on the exact feature set of the custom action mod.
With ezPortal all it does is give you a link to the page that you can use in posts/html etc.

If custom action allows you to create menus/tabs that would be better to use.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

Shouldn't action=recent be a valid option?  I can't get that to work either.

Jeff B

Is there a way to exclude ezportal from a given theme?  I use a left hand column block to list site sponsors on my default theme, but I want to exclude the ezportal blocks when using Dragoon's Mobile Theme.  My idea is, is to not have any sponsors listed with the mobile, but be able to entice a new site sponsor with an exclusive for the mobile. 

vbgamer45

Not at the moment but is a good feature request.

If you want you can hardcode a check for $ID_THEME at least in SMF 1.1.x in the loadezportal function and if is the mobile theme id do not load ezportal blocks.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

I'd love to hardcode something in if possible. I'm running 2.0.1 Could you possibly help me with that?

Advertisement: