News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

501 error

Started by trax-, November 07, 2008, 02:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trax-

When I want to install any package, mod for the forum, I get this message:

Installation went smoothly. What could be wrong?

Thanx for help!

trax-

Bigguy

Please do not bump your post within a 24 hour period, thank you. Someone will get to you about this. Have you tried chmodding the files to 777 through ftp. ???

trax-

Bigguy

You say even with that error mods install fine though right. ???

trax-

Forum works, but i can't install any packages.

Bigguy

Ftp in and see if the ownership of the files are set to you. If you see a 99 beside them then Apache owns your files and you will have to have your host "re-own" (chown) your files to your username.

trax-

FTP works fine, also a forum. the problem is because I can not install any packages.

I tried to re-install a forum but it is the same thing.

Bigguy

I think the reason you cannot install anything is because Apache (your host) has taken ownership of your files and folders. This has nothing to do with Ftp. What I would like you to do is to use your ftp program to get into your account and see if the number 99 is beside any of your files or folders. This will tell us who owns your files. If your host owns them then you cannot install anything until the ownership is changed back to you.

trax-

How it looks?

I didn't see any folder or file with number 99.

Bigguy

Have you tried just the username and password in the screenshot above. ???

trax-

i tried my username and password wich i use on my server(hosting).

Bigguy

And you put the path to your SMF install ???

trax-

Forum ALREADY working, I can not install any package(s). I put addon to Package folder, then I see a file, which is to be installed but it can not. I get the error.

Bigguy

In the screenshot above I noticed you had your username and password but no "Path to local host". Did you put that in as well when you tried this. Here is a post about it that is solved already maybe reading it will give you ideas:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=169409.0

trax-

i tried to change chmod to all of maps (domains/domain/public_html), or just public_html and i didn't see any changes.

Rumbaar

Is there any error log entries?  Can you check your server logs?

Can you ask your host to CHOWN all the files to your account?  So you get that error message at the very start and before you even enter your FTP details and try to proceed.  Or after entering all details and it bounces back with that error?

Have you spoken to your host about any security restrictions they might have in place?  Did it ever work?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: