News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe11a

SMF Forums http://www.df-barracks.com Where gamers go.

IchBin™

Sorry but I don't understand your issue. Can you explain what the problem is? Please post any code using the [code][/code] tags.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Arantor

-sigh- When I told you to go see TinyPortal, I meant the link right there in the code you posted... the one that indicates where it came from...

reinner

Hi,

How can I revert this to it's default settings?

Cheers to all

I am using 2.0 RC5

IchBin™

You can backup your tp_ tables, remove them and then run the upgrade.php script to insert the tables again.

briggz5d

Tiny portal options in admin panel Don't show ENglish Or any other language. Just blank making it impossible for me to CHOOSE options.

Help!

IchBin™

That is probably because you are running a language without the language files. You haven't specified anything that you're using though, so I wouldn't know exactly what version of TP/SMF you are using. Nor what language you are using. Try changing your forum language to English (NOT English-utf8) and see if it works for you. If it does, then you need to get the utf8 files from the TinyPortal site if you want to use a utf8 language set.

reinner

Quote from: IchBin™ on March 14, 2011, 10:45:22 AM
You can backup your tp_ tables, remove them and then run the upgrade.php script to insert the tables again.

Thank you for your reply!

Another question how could I put images from my gallery?
Please see the attached image.

IchBin™

Put them? Do what with them? Where do you want them?

DarkAngel612

and tell them what gallery you be using too so they can help you even better...tis some things I always forget to tell them too so you are not the only one.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

ironhide1

Quote from: Bloc on August 28, 2010, 09:03:34 PM
Thats because the TP admin stuff are in its own menu on top. Try finding that and you will get inside TP admin. Or...just go to "/index.php?action=tpadmin".

Running RC5 and just installed TP 1.102
I'm having the same issue where the TP admin stuff is not showing up even @ the top. Not creating the nav link..
When I try to access the URL  "/index.php?action=tpadmin" I get a message that I'm not allowed to access that article. I've installed twice both clean with no MODS and still can not get this to work.
I can't leave it installed until I can get to the ADMIN section where I can adjust the content areas.
Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Bloc on August 28, 2010, 09:03:34 PM
Thats because the TP admin stuff are in its own menu on top. Try finding that and you will get inside TP admin. Or...just go to "/index.php?action=tpadmin".

no help from me but just curious, is this the way smf 2 sees admin section? unlike 1.1.13 that sees it as ?action=admin with no added tp?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Arantor

Quoteno help from me but just curious, is this the way smf 2 sees admin section?

Not normally. In 1.1.x, each area of the admin panel was its own action, in 2.0, everything was pulled under action=admin. But I guess where the mod has 1.1.x roots, it still uses action=tpadmin for its own administration just because it's easier to keep the two branches in sync with each other.

DarkAngel612

thanks for explaining

bloc

Quote from: Arantor on March 18, 2011, 10:15:31 PM
Quoteno help from me but just curious, is this the way smf 2 sees admin section?

Not normally. In 1.1.x, each area of the admin panel was its own action, in 2.0, everything was pulled under action=admin. But I guess where the mod has 1.1.x roots, it still uses action=tpadmin for its own administration just because it's easier to keep the two branches in sync with each other.

Yes, that was the reason. If TP was only for SMF 2.0 it would prob. been added into the normal admin area. Of course, another reason is the sheer size - I had so many sections for TP admin that it seemed the best way was to simply add a new "action" instead.

DarkAngel612

thanks for explaining...curiosity you know gets the better of one at times...but that is how we learn or at least try to understand some why's and wherefore's

you all do great thanks for a wonderful product

ccleanerfan

The package installer doesnt seem to be supporting RC5 at all..

redone

Quote from: ccleanerfan on March 22, 2011, 10:05:41 PM
Installs for me just fine, what error messages are you getting?

~RedOne

ccleanerfan

Quote from: RedOne on March 22, 2011, 10:12:12 PM
Quote from: ccleanerfan on March 22, 2011, 10:05:41 PM
Installs for me just fine, what error messages are you getting?

~RedOne

Execute Modification   SMF2RC4/tinyportal200rc4.mod   Modification parse error
8.   Adapt Database   SMF2RC3/tp_upgrade.php

IchBin™

Modification parse errors are usually caused by a permission problem on the server. Check to make sure all your files and folders are writable by the web server user. If you don't know how to figure that out you'll need to ask your host.

Advertisement: