News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

No, there is one shoutbox. You can display it in different blocks in different section of the forum, or for different user groups , but it will always show the same content...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

By the way: the third error is an SMF error, not TinyPortal...

big red

Alright - thank you for the heads up on the 3rd error!

big red

I have a permission problem using TP Shoutbox that i just cannot figure out. Works and looks just fine in Admin account but once i switch to a test account with normal Newbie and regular member permissions, i can only see the Shouts. The typing box for new shouts is not there :(

SMF 2.0.17
TP Latest Version
PHP 7.4.1

lurkalot

Quote from: big red on February 09, 2020, 10:43:01 AM
I have a permission problem using TP Shoutbox that i just cannot figure out. Works and looks just fine in Admin account but once i switch to a test account with normal Newbie and regular member permissions, i can only see the Shouts. The typing box for new shouts is not there :(

SMF 2.0.17
TP Latest Version
PHP 7.4.1

In SMF permissions you'll need to set the permission for that Regular Member group to, "Can Post Shouts"

TinyPortal docs. https://www.tinyportal.net/docs/index.php?page=Settings-permissions

jsx

First, I'll make a copy of the files and then uninstall TinyPortal 1.6.0 and next I'll install version 1.6.4, and all the content added in the menu blocks will not disappear? All settings will stay in place?

@rjen

yes, that will work fine

But if you want to backup the data, copying the files will not help; you need to take a backup of the database tables named tp_xxx

jsx

Done. Everything works fine. I had to set the language that I use as main in the forum for all the blocks because the blocks were not displayed.

On the Polish SMF support forum, one user has a issue with the proper functioning of TinyPortal 1.6.4. After entering his forum, the main page of the portal is not displayed. A white page is displayed. He stated that as he deleted TP's Polish language files, the portal was working properly, but Polish diacritical marks were not displayed. Polish language files are for TinyPortal 1.6.1, but they work properly with TinyPortal 1.6.4. I checked it out. So why is there such a issue in his forum?

@rjen

Difficult to say without more info...

Is the forum working with 1.6.1 language files but not 1.6.4?
But they do work for you?

@rjen

Quote from: jsx on February 10, 2020, 12:08:13 PM
I had to set the language that I use as main in the forum for all the blocks because the blocks were not displayed.

That is in fact a finding more forum owners have reported.
This is actually the result of a bugfix to  the setting in the TinyPortal > General settings: Use language visibility option for blocks

If you find after installing to 1.6.4 that your blocks are not showing, go to TinyPortal > Settings and uncheck this option.
With the option activated you must indeed set the language for each block in order for the block to be visible: very useful if you have language-specific blocks...

jsx

Quote from: @rjen on February 10, 2020, 01:31:54 PM
Difficult to say without more info...

Is the forum working with 1.6.1 language files but not 1.6.4?
But they do work for you?

If the author of this issue writes more, I will let you know.

Quote from: @rjen on February 10, 2020, 02:56:54 PM
That is in fact a finding more forum owners have reported.
This is actually the result of a bugfix to  the setting in the TinyPortal > General settings: Use language visibility option for blocks

If you find after installing to 1.6.4 that your blocks are not showing, go to TinyPortal > Settings and uncheck this option.
With the option activated you must indeed set the language for each block in order for the block to be visible: very useful if you have language-specific blocks...

Thanks for the clarification. :)

jsx

I would like to know where in the TP settings can I turn off the visibility of the TinyPortal tab?

@rjen

The tab will show if you have relevant TinyPortal features active.

In your example it shows the 'Downloads' options, because it is set active.
If you are not using the downloads, you can deactivate it in the TinyPortal settings: TinyPortal > Settings > Modules

Set the downloads Manager to 'Off' and save: the TinyPortal menu option will disappear for your users...

jsx

Great. Thank you for the clarification.

I need help. There are 1754 avatar errors in logs:

Themes/default/languages/TPortal.english.php (eval?)

These errors have occurred since using TinyPortal 1.6.4. I use Polish language on the forum, and Polish language is not updated with new lines for version TinyPortal 1.6.4. No language update can cause these errors? Or something else?

big red

Quote from: lurkalot on February 09, 2020, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: big red on February 09, 2020, 10:43:01 AM

SMF 2.0.17
TP Latest Version
PHP 7.4.1
In SMF permissions you'll need to set the permission for that Regular Member group to, "Can Post Shouts"

TinyPortal docs. https://www.tinyportal.net/docs/index.php?page=Settings-permissions

That did it - Thanks So Much  8)

Next Problem   :( I've created a "Downloads" block by selecting the TP Module radio button and on the 2nd page after clicking save, check marked the download folders beside DL Manager.

The block is created and showing but nothing is showing "In It". I have 3 folders all checked and 2 folders with test files in them. Still nothing in the block though  ???

big red

Search isn't returning anything so thought i would ask

I would like a "Newest Member Block" including the avatar but not seeing it in the available block list?

lurkalot

Quote from: big red on February 11, 2020, 06:49:08 PM

Next Problem   :( I've created a "Downloads" block by selecting the TP Module radio button and on the 2nd page after clicking save, check marked the download folders beside DL Manager.

The block is created and showing but nothing is showing "In It". I have 3 folders all checked and 2 folders with test files in them. Still nothing in the block though  ???

Downloads block, you can create this buy adding a new Block, choose type "Article / Download Functions" Then in that block choose one of the required options,

Downloads: Show x New Files
Downloads: Top x Downloads
Downloads: Top x Views
Downloads: Latest File Uploaded
Downloads: Top File in Downloads
Downloads: Top File in Views
Articles: recently written
Articles: top views
Articles: top comments

As for the "Newest Member block"  Not sure on that one, you can use SSI to display the latest member, but not sure if we have a currently working code snippet for this with avatar.

jsx

@lurkalot

Can you help me? Currently 2917 undefined errors have been generated. All undefined errors: index.php?action=dlattach;attach=23;type=avatar
Themes/default/languages/TPortal.english.php (eval?).

lurkalot

Quote from: jsx on February 12, 2020, 03:32:55 AM
@lurkalot

Can you help me? Currently 2917 undefined errors have been generated. All undefined errors: index.php?action=dlattach;attach=23;type=avatar
Themes/default/languages/TPortal.english.php (eval?).

This might give you some clues as a workaround.  https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35817.msg289344#msg289344

jsx

In what file should I replace these lines? In the files TPortal.english.php and TPortal.english-utf8.php and TPortal.polish-utf8.php?

Advertisement: