News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Fields On Memberlist

Started by [SiNaN], November 25, 2008, 03:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFox

Hi , maybe there is a mod for 2.0.15 ???

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: MrFox on December 13, 2017, 09:54:25 AM
Hi , maybe there is a mod for 2.0.15 ???

It is a mod something old and can be changed the code ... you can try emulating the version in smf to see if it works properly.

regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

pepa

Has anyone been able to install this and get it working on 2.0.15 .. if so how?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on January 29, 2018, 12:58:50 AM

Emulating at least local I install it and you can do it manually ...

Regards!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on February 12, 2018, 08:03:45 PM
Quote from: pepa on January 29, 2018, 12:58:50 AM

Emulating at least local I install it and you can do it manually ...

Regards!

Thank you for your reply Rock Lee.  Before I go to the trouble are you able to tell me if this mod also displays Custom Profile Fields in the results of a Member List Search?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on February 12, 2018, 09:08:50 PM
Thank you for your reply Rock Lee.  Before I go to the trouble are you able to tell me if this mod also displays Custom Profile Fields in the results of a Member List Search?

I have not tried it on the member search list, just turn off the computer and it's not on the cell phone, but I think I should show it ...

Regards!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on February 12, 2018, 09:31:57 PM
Quote from: pepa on February 12, 2018, 09:08:50 PM

I have not tried it on the member search list, just turn off the computer and it's not on the cell phone, but I think I should show it ...

Regards!

Thank you, if you get a chance to try it on your computer, could you please post the outcome here.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on February 12, 2018, 11:17:23 PM
Thank you, if you get a chance to try it on your computer, could you please post the outcome here.

I just had to format, update some things and hang the screenshots

Regards!

pepa

I haven't done a manual installation before.  When you go to http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1520, select 2.0.15 from the drop down and click parse there is a set of very clear instructions, except for the very last bit which says:

"install.php
This file should be able to execute standalone."

Does that mean that I have to upload the file install.php from the mod to somewhere e.g. forum folder?  Also do I then have to navigate to the file with my browser to launch an installer?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on February 21, 2018, 08:17:58 PM
I haven't done a manual installation before.  When you go to http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1520, select 2.0.15 from the drop down and click parse there is a set of very clear instructions, except for the very last bit which says:

"install.php

Does that mean that I have to upload the file install.php from the mod to somewhere e.g. forum folder?  Also do I then have to navigate to the file with my browser to launch an installer?

What you need to do is proceed to the installation of the mode and the moment in which the genders have made an error to apply the instruction manual, once done, proceed to install it even with the installation error. If ah did the right steps, the modification should work ...

Regards!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on February 21, 2018, 08:39:31 PM
Quote from: pepa on February 21, 2018, 08:17:58 PM

"install.php

What you need to do is proceed to the installation of the mode and the moment in which the genders have made an error to apply the instruction manual, once done, proceed to install it even with the installation error. If ah did the right steps, the modification should work ...

Regards!

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean.  I can't begin the installation of the mod, because if I click "install mod"  the result is a long list of errors preceded by this message:

"Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

So I'm not going to proceed under these conditions.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on February 21, 2018, 09:33:07 PM
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean.  I can't begin the installation of the mod, because if I click "install mod"  the result is a long list of errors preceded by this message:

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

My mistake, since my English is not good. I will try to explain myself as best as possible ... When installing the mod you will see those errors because you can not automatically detect the lines you need to modify possibly modify it. What we are doing is making those modifications manually so that when installing this fact the necessary modifications, I mean?

Regards!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on February 22, 2018, 05:17:18 AM
Quote from: pepa on February 21, 2018, 09:33:07 PM

My mistake, since my English is not good. I will try to explain myself as best as possible ... When installing the mod you will see those errors because you can not automatically detect the lines you need to modify possibly modify it. What we are doing is making those modifications manually so that when installing this fact the necessary modifications, I mean?

Regards!

Hmmmm?  OK Rock Lee let me see if I can translate the semantics of your post.

Are you saying:  "make the changes listed on the manual install page for this mod for SMF 2.0.15 and then run the installer.  After making those changes, run the installer in the Package manager and will be no errors listed, so it's then safe to go ahead and install"

... is that what you mean?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on February 22, 2018, 06:30:06 AM

Are you saying:  "make the changes listed on the manual install page for this mod for SMF 2.0.15 and then run the installer.  After making those changes, run the installer in the Package manager and will be no errors listed, so it's then safe to go ahead and install"

However, the errors are still shown and the lines that you must change automatically are not found, you can make the necessary changes so that everything works ... maybe this helps > Error in mod installation

Regards!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on February 22, 2018, 12:33:08 PM
Quote from: pepa on February 22, 2018, 06:30:06 AM

However, the errors are still shown and the lines that you must change automatically are not found, you can make the necessary changes so that everything works ... maybe this helps > Error in mod installation

Regards!

Thanks Rock Lee, that's very clear now.  I don't think I'll do it on a working forum though, it's a lot of editing required.  Might try it on a backup test forum and see what happens.  It's a pity that someone doesn't want to upgrade this mod for 2.0.15.

Thanks again : )

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on February 25, 2018, 05:55:59 PM
Thanks Rock Lee, that's very clear now.  I don't think I'll do it on a working forum though, it's a lot of editing required.  Might try it on a backup test forum and see what happens.  It's a pity that someone doesn't want to upgrade this mod for 2.0.15.

Thanks again : )

It is preferable to first experiment in a test. The author is still active but I do not know if he could update it, because by copyright not any subject can get his hands ... extra officially layers but here you can not.

Regards!

palmdoc

Anyone got this working in 2.0.17?

GL700Wing

Quote from: palmdoc on October 01, 2020, 02:22:26 AM
Anyone got this working in 2.0.17?
Yes - although it does have a minor bug (not specifically related to SMF 2.0.17) that results in no information being displayed for a member using the default option for a custom field if the member has not saved their profile with that option selected.

The fix for this is as follows:

In ./Sources/Memberlist.php
Find:
SELECT col_name, field_name, field_desc, field_type, bbc
Add After:
, default_value

Find:
'bbc' => !empty($row['bbc']),
Add After:
'default' => $row['default_value'],

In ./Themes/default/Memberlist.template.php
Find:
<td class="windowbg centertext">', $member['options'][substr($key, 5)], '</td>';
Replace With:
<td class="windowbg centertext">', (empty($member['options'][substr($key, 5)]) && isset($column['default']) ? $column['default'] : $member['options'][substr($key, 5)]), '</td>';
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

palmdoc

Thanks @GL700Wing
Is this fix applied before installing the mod?
I can't seem to install the mod at all as there are errors

GL700Wing

Quote from: palmdoc on October 01, 2020, 07:45:18 PM
Thanks @GL700Wing
Is this fix applied before installing the mod?
I can't seem to install the mod at all as there are errors
You apply the fix after installing the mod.

If you're getting errors when trying to install the mod you'll have to manually to apply the changes this mod is trying to make - see https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Advertisement: