AllCaps Blocker (ex-AllCaps Notifier) - v2.0 is out! [10. 04. 2009.]

Started by Branko., December 02, 2008, 07:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

villasg

I think is very hard to work in another strings
Like my Greek utf-8

:(

pinoypetfinder

hi again. i installed this mod. the warning message pop up, but after clicking okay, and continue typing in caps again, it didn't re-appear. and when i click the submit button, the message got posted - in all caps ;(

can u also add on your next update if its possible to stop the message from being posted if it has all caps?

X3mE

Yes, it's intended to act like that, to only warn, and only do it once. There will be an option in the admin panel to warn multiple times. I suppose I could also add an option to prevent posting, thanks for the suggestion :).
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is - never try.

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:
Mobilize.rs (and forum) | Lolmao.info

saneone

Polish:

//All-caps
$txt['ALL_CAPS_NOTIFIER'] = 'Próbujesz pisać używając samych dużych liter! Miej świadomość, że jest to wbrew zasadom tutaj panującym.';

X3mE

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:

psarema

Hi
Any news for Greek UTF8 ? :)

pinoypetfinder

Quote from: X3mE on December 08, 2008, 05:21:33 AM
Yes, it's intended to act like that, to only warn, and only do it once. There will be an option in the admin panel to warn multiple times. I suppose I could also add an option to prevent posting, thanks for the suggestion :).

thank you! will look forward to that :)

Maliante

If you want a spanish translate this is:

Parece que usted está tratando de escribir utilizando MAYÚSCULAS. \n\nPor favor tenga en cuenta que está en contra de las normas de este foro.

I try to find a utf-8 character for translate.

Maliante

X3mE

Thanks.

I'm afraid that UTF-8 check cannot be done in Java Script, at least I couldn't figure out a way so far, after a lot of research... :/

My mods:

Personal websites:

shortchange

Quote from: X3mE on December 04, 2008, 06:36:29 AM
Quote from: pinoypetfinder on December 04, 2008, 12:09:29 AM
if it will only stop CAPS on the "subject".

I'll implement this in the next version.

If you change your references from $settings['theme_url'] to $settings['default_theme_url'] it will work for all themes.

Also could you tell me where the subject text box is created (i looked in GenericControls.template.php) that way I can implement your mod to check for caps in the subject box also.

Thank you.

X3mE

For which version of SMF?

Btw, just checked - it's 2.0 RC1 compatible.

My mods:

Personal websites:

shortchange

X3mE

Ok, I think I managed to get it to work with Unicode characters. I've tested with Serbian Cyrillic and Latin letters, and it worked. Please test with some other Unicode chars and post feedback. So far the new version is under heavy development, and you can test here: http://x3me.iz.rs/index.php?board=5.0

There will also be preventing all caps in the subject box, settings in the ACP, etc. Feel free to post more suggestions.

My mods:

Personal websites:

markozmaj

Is there a manual install guide?

Offtopic:
bem ti engleski :D

X3mE

Just open the modification (for 2.0 RC1)/modification_1 (for 1.1.8) XML  file and follow the instructions :)

Useful link: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

My mods:

Personal websites:

markozmaj

X3mE

Ok, new version is out, and very improved:

- Changed name to AllCaps Blocker
- Works with Unicode characters
- Improved detection - skips spaces and punctuation marks
- Added a possibility to set the number of successtive chars to be considered writing in ALLCAPS in the ACP (default: 6)
- Added a possibility to warn always, not just the first time
- It is now possible to prevent posting if ALLCAPS text remains (off by default)
- Checks also the Post Subject box now
- Works with AJAX inline edits now
- Works with default Quick Reply in SMF 2 now
- Removed compatibility for SMF 1.1.x

My mods:

Personal websites:

edi67

Bravo X3 nice update but i have one problem the installation of mod stop at 2é line of modificaiton in Display.template.php, strangelly the mod must make 4 modification of Display.template but stop at the first look screenshot, seems that mod have something wrong in code
i using the package for WY Quick Reply

i checked all part of my Display.template and code to replace is same with your, i can't understand the reason that mod stop there.
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

X3mE

My mods:

Personal websites:

edi67

Quote from: X3mE on April 10, 2009, 08:00:30 PM
That's strange... I'll have a look. Thanks ;)

well i found error i not have this code:

echo '

<input type="submit" name="post" value="', $txt['post'], '" onclick="submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="2" />

but i have this:
echo '

<input type="submit" name="post" value="', $txt['post'], '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="2" />

i dont know if mine or your is correct, but now seemt working everything ok.

thx ;)
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Advertisement: