News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geor'G

Aright...

Or so:
$_REQUEST['subject'] = $_POST['subject'] = htmlspecialchars($row['subject'],ENT_QUOTES);

Motorhed

Quote from: Arantor on May 22, 2012, 12:11:04 PM
It fails because you have other mods that this conflicts with - changing the mod can't solve those problems, you'll have to apply the code changes by hand.

This is not necessarily true.

I just tried installing this mod on a freshly installed forum with no mods in place and it still had many errors during installation.

Something else is at play.

Rivalyn

Has anyone made modifications to this Mod to alter the days to hours? I.e. auto-merge but allow bump after 2 hours instead of days (running 2.0.2)

Biology Forums

Bug on 1.x:

If two different guests post one after the other, the posts are merged. How do I prevent this from happening? :(

In other words, it is not discriminated guests of different usernames are separate people, and so is merging all guests that post one right after the other.

See here: http://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=17286.msg81706#msg81706

live627

It is because all guest postings are considered to be from the same member - ID 0

So they should not have permission to merge... wait, the permission is tied to the manual merge button. Crap. {
I'll need to check the code.

live627

Permission "Allow Double Posts" - on or off for guests?

Biology Forums

Quote from: live627 on July 22, 2012, 01:08:37 AM
Permission "Allow Double Posts" - on or off for guests?

Crap, never knew that existed  :P

FireDitto

Quote from: FireDitto on May 26, 2012, 06:41:30 AM
Is there a way to make it so that the merged post will bump the thread as if it were a new post, but merge so that it is a part of the old post?

It would still look exactly as it does, but the bump would send the thread to the top of the list, mark it as unread, and bring it attention once more, without choking it up with a line of 'bump' posts.

I have an RP site, and it would be very good to be able to bump threads that have become forgotten or overlooked, without having to post new posts on it etc.

Is this possible?

Any ideas?
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

amiralib

when I want to install in to 2.0.2 , I see some error :
./Themes/default/Display.template.php
./Sources/Admin.php
./Sources/Display.php

hm.... do you have any verision of this mod for smf2.0.2 ?
regards

amiralib

manual installation is not good !!! after upgrading SMF, we should do every thing again ! lol
I prefer to wait for new version of this MOD !

if some one is ready to work then we can renew this mod

Irisado

This mod saves me moderation work, so that makes it a very good one in my eyes.  It effectively makes the forum auto moderate users for serial posting  :D.  Thanks for putting it together.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Geor'G

Quoteafter upgrading SMF, we should do every thing again ! lol
I prefer to wait for new version of this MOD !
Mod works with version SMF 2.0.2

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg3069688#msg3069688

amiralib

fox1987

i try on 2.0.2 and got errors,installed and nothing ,no options ,is there any tutorial how to manualy change code and mod to work on this version of smf

Bluearrow

Getting a error in mod page   "Sorry, but the modification could not be parsed.". when trying to get Manual Install Instructions.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse

gevv

auto merge How to set the 2 hours ?

solved  change "posterTime" 

if (time() >= ($modSettings['AutoMergePost_time'] * 86400 + $row['posterTime']))

86400= 1 day   7200= 2 hours
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

dadaas

Not working on 2.0.3 no mods default theme and lots of errors, didnt even try to install it. any update? Why is SMF 2.0 not having this as default option?

Advertisement: