News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmubashar

Whenever I try to add this plugin, I keep getting this text at the top of the site:
// MOD Auto Merge Double Post $txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Allow to do Double Post'; $txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'By Enabling this will allow them to double post.'; $txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Add text when merging the post'; $txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'You can use BBC and $date variable'; $txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Time after which it will allow the bump the topic'; $txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Time 0 to disable the MOD and 9999 for never allow bump'; // MOD Auto Merge Double Post $txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Allow Double Posts'; $txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'By Enabling this will allow them to double post.'; $txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Add text when merging posts
You can use BBCode and the $date variable
'; $txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Time to allow the Double Post and Bump the Topic
Set time in days. Set 9999 days for never allow
'; $txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignore Double Post Permission
Always Merge Double Posts, even for administrators
'; $txt['merge_button'] = 'Merge Posts'; $txt['AutoMergePost_auto'] = 'Enable Auto Merge Doble Posts'; $txt['AutoMergePost_manual'] = 'Enable Manual Merge Doble Posts'; $txt['AutoMergePost_nomax'] = 'Ignore maximum post size'; $txt['AutoMergePost_reason'] = 'Merged DoublePost'; $txt['permissionname_doublePostmerge'] = 'Allow manual merge double posts'; $txt['permissionhelp_doublePostmerge'] = 'This permission allows users to merge double posts.'; $txt['permissionname_doublePostmerge_own'] = 'Own double posts'; $txt['permissionname_doublePostmerge_any'] = 'Any double posts'; $txt['cannot_merged_replies'] = 'You are not, allowed to merge this posts.'; $txt['modlog_ac_merged'] = 'Merged "{message}" by "{member}"'; $txt['manageposts_automerge_settings'] = 'Merge Double Posts'; $txt['manageposts_automerge_settings_description'] = 'Here you can set all settings involving auto & manual merge doubles posts.';

Any workaround?

Your IT-related companion.
Hardware, Network, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.Net [nofollow], Adobe Imaging, Macromedia Flash, MySQL, Access, HTML, CSS, PHP.

atfosan

Quote from: mmubashar on March 10, 2010, 08:47:27 PM
Any workaround?

There is no errors reports... Strange. Is mod working at all?
If it doesn't firstly try to reinstall the mod. If it is useless you need to install mod manually.

Bugo
Thank you for your translation! :)
my SMF project - school site: forum with PortaMx and SimpleSEF mods

Tanshaydar

Any chance to get updated for RC3?

Tanshaydar

Looks like working. Thanks!

hcfwesker

I've got this installed on SMF 1.1.11 successfully, and works on all of my themes.  The problem is, the double posts don't get automatically merged, I can only manually merge them.  I have messed around with the different options in the adminCP for auto and manually merging ... but so far only the manual merger is working.

Anyone explain to me the correct procedure to get double posts automatically merged?

mmubashar

Hey guys,
I'm having a little problem here..Running SMF 1.1.11 and somehow, when the first post is edited, it repost everything on that same post twice with a double-post timeline divider..I want to disable the plugin to work with "edits" and only work with new posts..How do I do this?

Hardware, Network, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.Net [nofollow], Adobe Imaging, Macromedia Flash, MySQL, Access, HTML, CSS, PHP.

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Please update it for SMF 2.0RC3  ;)

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Tanshaydar

Quote from: Tanshaydar on March 13, 2010, 11:06:24 PM
Looks like working. Thanks!

It looked like working, but it's not :/

mmubashar

Okay, some updates, here is the problem that's occuring.
Edit posts are just not working. Whenever we try to edit a post, it repost it to the last post instead of the edited one. Any workaround guys? This is really annoying.

wynnyelle

I can't seem to get this mod installed on my test forum.

This is what my friend said:

the first file edit on ./Themes/default/Display.template.php we can't do since there is no edit like that

Thanks for any help anyone may have!

Hitakashi

To explain more what im saying:

There is no
$split_button = create_button('split.gif', 'split', 'split', 'align="middle"');

@groovystar

mmubashar

Hitakashi,
SOmetimes there are other plugins that "replace" the lines accordingly. I'm not the expert, but that solved my problem above. Removed all plugins, installed this first, and it worked like a charm..

Hitakashi

ok well i looked at a new install and it doesn't have that i think the code changed

wynnyelle

I'm still not seeing this working on my board. I tried a double post to experiment and it didn't merge it at all.

atfosan

Quote from: Groovystar on March 29, 2010, 09:04:29 PM
I'm still not seeing this working on my board. I tried a double post to experiment and it didn't merge it at all.

Did you try http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg2460112#msg2460112 ?

Dzonny

Hello there.
Great mod, thanks for it..  8)

i installed it on 1.1.11 version, and everythings work fine, just wanted to know if theres a chanse to fix this time tag when post are merged.
When first post merge with second its okay, but for 3rd, 4th post i got time tag....
Please see attached image.
Nothing in error log.

Regards.

Bugo

Why this line is repeated twice?

atfosan

Quote from: Bugo on May 02, 2010, 04:08:09 AM
Why this line is repeated twice?

May it's because of incorrect uninstalling of previous version?

Arantor

The author only built it to use Classic mode permissions; there's two permissions, one for own and one for any.

If you switch to Classic Mode you'll see two permissions there with different names.

Bugo

Quote from: Arantor on May 02, 2010, 06:18:57 AM
The author only built it to use Classic mode permissions; there's two permissions, one for own and one for any.

If you switch to Classic Mode you'll see two permissions there with different names.
I know, but I don't want switch to Classic Mode :)

Advertisement: