OS & Browser Detection (version 1.5 is out) [20. 09. 2010.]

Started by Branko., December 06, 2008, 05:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

PLAYBOY

Good job. Very nice Mod.

Questions:

1- Will it install 2.0 without a problem or emulation? <<< Update: Yes it will. Just tested.
2- How up-to-date is the browser database? <<< Update: Very up-to-date It has FF 5.0.

3- Will it be possible to add more features like Computername, useragent, system language, Screen Resolution etc.
An example of what i am talking about;
http://techpatterns.com/downloads/php_browser_detection.php
look at "Your Computer" information on the left side

Something like this feature would be very helpful to spot if one person having multiple memberships who also has a dynamic ip adress.

Update: Bug Found
no ' after $txt['permissionname_view_os_browser'] = 'Mesajlarda isletim sistemi ve tarayiciyi görüntüle; in modifications.turkish.php

sharks

Quote from: PLAYBOY on July 17, 2011, 12:09:57 AM
Will it be possible to add more features like Computername, useragent, system language, Screen Resolution etc.
An example of what i am talking about;
http://techpatterns.com/downloads/php_browser_detection.php
look at "Your Computer" information on the left side

Something like this feature would be very helpful to spot if one person having multiple memberships who also has a dynamic ip adress.

I like the idea but i definitely don't want to clutter my forum pages with excess information, especially when these info are commonly regarded as sensitive and may put the members' privacy at risk. It would be best to have any extra info as optional in the admin section, where you can have a menu to select which other features to display beneath the avatar when viewing posts.

All that said, i always encourage new and improved features but in this case, i honestly don't see the point of having extra info displayed other than the OS and browser detection. This mod is perfect as it is. Any extra info display is unnecessary. It just needs to be polished in some corners with a few bug fixes and the mod page updated to display full compatibility with SMF 2.0 final.

PLAYBOY

I totally agree with you. I wouldnt want any extra or excess info on the pages. That is why i requested this to be added in somewhere in admin panel. It could be an option or it could be just a small box next to IP adresses the member have used.

I can see you forum is not under so much attack from people who has dynamic ips.
This feature would be very helpful for people like me to spot the attackers, stalkers and people with multiple memberships.

sharks

Quote from: PLAYBOY on July 17, 2011, 10:20:04 AM
I can see you forum is not under so much attack from people who has dynamic ips.
This feature would be very helpful for people like me to spot the attackers, stalkers and people with multiple memberships.
In that case, it could be best implemented as "visible only to admin" (based on privileges set in the admin panel). I can see that as very useful to everyone concerned about the security of their forums. I also get spammers registering on my forum every now and then. IPs used by members in their posts are already set such that these are only visible to admins, so adding a few more features there would be a big help.

Cal O'Shaw

Hello,

Running it on 2.0 Gold as well.

A very useful MOD and I really appreciate all you've done with it.

If there were anything I could request, it would be that by default the permission to see it would be OFF.  My members don't like it, and a few feel a touch paranoid (what else is being tracked?).  Please do NOT get rid of the permissions settings, but if it could just be set to hide for everyone except Admin, that would make things easier for me when installing or creating groups.

Grazie mille!

Cal

SD-X

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on July 19, 2011, 01:54:16 AM
Hello,

Running it on 2.0 Gold as well.

A very useful MOD and I really appreciate all you've done with it.

If there were anything I could request, it would be that by default the permission to see it would be OFF.  My members don't like it, and a few feel a touch paranoid (what else is being tracked?).  Please do NOT get rid of the permissions settings, but if it could just be set to hide for everyone except Admin, that would make things easier for me when installing or creating groups.

Grazie mille!

Cal
Agreed. It's a nice option so I don't want to see it removed, but a shortcut button for Admins-only would be nice as well!

Dayjo

Agree with the permissions options.

Also it would be nice if it registered if IE was in compatibility mode. So rather than just saying it's IE7, it should say it's IE9 in IE7 compatibility mode or something :)

Having issues installing this on 2.0 but working on manually installing it at the moment.

Shadow Queen

I am trying to install it on my forum.

Every test come back fine but getting a data base error

Table 'xxxxxxx_test.messages' doesn't exist
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/test/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 19

Martine M

I installed OS & Browser Detection 1.5 on SMF 2.0 and Argentum theme with default language English.

It installed without any problems, but I can't see in people's post any browser / OS info.

However I have httpBL installed and I checked the option to view that info in the user online today screen, witch it does.
How come I can't see it in peoples posts?

Oh and BTW, I agree with the default option of to.
Running SMF 2.09 - Diego Andrés Theme Elegant Mind - TP 1.0 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 33

TheListener

The mod won't show in posts until the next post is made.

Martine M

Yes I know that but there are already lots of posts made after I installed it
Running SMF 2.09 - Diego Andrés Theme Elegant Mind - TP 1.0 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 33

#Pascal

Patch for detecting Android and iOS

// Android
    if(preg_match('/android ([0-9.]+).*/si', $user_agent, $tmp_array))
      {
      $client_data['system'] = "Android" . ($tmp_array[1] ? " ".$tmp_array[1] : "");
      $client_data['system_icon'] = "android";
      }

// iOS
     if((preg_match('/iphone|ipad/si', $user_agent)) && (preg_match('/OS ([0-9_]+).*/si', $user_agent, $tmp_array)))
      {
      $tmp_array = str_replace("_", ".", $tmp_array);
      $client_data['system'] = "iOS" . ($tmp_array[1] ? " ".$tmp_array[1] : "");
      $client_data['system_icon'] = "iphone";
      }

TheListener

Like the idea but you don't explain where these edits should be.

Eclipse16V

Quote from: PascalCX on September 28, 2011, 06:49:16 AM

// Android
      {
      }

// iOS
     if((preg_match('/iphone|ipad/si', $user_agent)) && (preg_match('/OS ([0-9_]+).*/si', $user_agent, $tmp_array)))
      {
      }

Doesn´t work with Android.
Display Linux and not Android.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

SD-X

Just a heads up, this mod works perfectly in SMF 2.0.1 still. :)

Doburpally

Quote from: Eclipse16V on September 28, 2011, 02:11:06 PM

// Android
      {
      }

// iOS
      {
      }

It work's for me :s

In Sources/os_browser_detection.php
Find:
    // Samsung
    if(preg_match('/samsung\-([0-9a-zA-Z\+\-\.]+){0,1}\//si', $user_agent, $tmp_array))
      {
      if(!$client_data['system'])
        {
$client_data['system'] = "Samsung" . ($tmp_array[1] ? " ".$tmp_array[1] : "");
$client_data['system_icon'] = "mobile";
}
      else
        {
$client_data['system'] .= " / Samsung" . ($tmp_array[1] ? " ".$tmp_array[1] : "");
}
      }

Add After:
    // Android
      {
      }

// iOS
      {
      }

Upload the icon_iphone.png + icon_android.php to Themes/default/images/os_browser_detection.

If it's okay with everyone I could upload the package.

Eclipse16V

Quote from: Reaper.CSF. on September 28, 2011, 05:26:06 PM
Quote from: Eclipse16V on September 28, 2011, 02:11:06 PM

// Android
      {
      }

// iOS
      {
      }

It work's for me :s

In Sources/os_browser_detection.php
Find:
    // Samsung
    if(preg_match('/samsung\-([0-9a-zA-Z\+\-\.]+){0,1}\//si', $user_agent, $tmp_array))
      {
      if(!$client_data['system'])
        {
$client_data['system'] = "Samsung" . ($tmp_array[1] ? " ".$tmp_array[1] : "");
$client_data['system_icon'] = "mobile";
}
      else
        {
$client_data['system'] .= " / Samsung" . ($tmp_array[1] ? " ".$tmp_array[1] : "");
}
      }

Add After:
    // Android
      {
      }

// iOS
      {
      }

Upload the icon_iphone.png + icon_android.php to Themes/default/images/os_browser_detection.

If it's okay with everyone I could upload the package.
Uppps sorry.
I add it on the first place in the file before // Camino.
So I edit it but with my HTC (Android / FireFox 7) it will be display Lunix / FireFox 7.
Then I use the HTC Browser and it display Android / Safari. This OK but with Firefox it is wrong.

Sorry for the bad english.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Doburpally

I will install firefox from android market and I will experiment.

I will post my findings ;)

#Pascal

2 Eclipse16V

Please post "User agent" from Android / FireFox 7
I'll see what can I do

You cat learn you "User Agent data" at this page for example
http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

Advertisement: