Deleted posts

Started by Lunny, December 18, 2008, 12:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunny

Greetings,

Is there any mod that allows me to read the posts that the moderators have deleted or atleast any more advanced moderation log mod?

I own a gaming forum and when someone wants to make a tournament i give them moderation access in their board but people keep complaining that they delete critics etc.

Any help is appreciated.

KahneFan

You could try this:

1) Make a new group, maybe "Game Mods" or whatnot
2) Allow this group all regular permissions, PLUS allow them to MOVE threads
3) Create a board they can move threads to that is only visible to you and the new group.

This will make it so that they can move/hide the thread from the board, but you have ultimate say on if the thread should be deleted or moved back.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Lunny

Well as i said the problem is they delete many posts, not threads. It would be usefull to see what they deleted so that no poster will be harmed if he posted something that wasn't against the rules and his post got deleted.

Tyrsson

Enable the recycling of threads and exclude moderators from the board. Then the post that are removed can be reviewed and restored by you (or another admin) if the are not in violation.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

KahneFan

I'm unsure if someone with 'move' permissions has 'split' permissions. If so, the moderator could 'split' the post in question off to the questionable section for review. If it's not a bad post it could be remerged with the original post.

Tyrsson

Which version are you using?

That should have been my first question since you did not list it.

Lunny

I'm sorry forgot about the version. I use 1.1.7

Tyrsson

This mod will allow your moderators to hide a post will not removing it. It will still be visible to you and the moderators (in the same board) and you can unhide the post if you want after review. Without having to move post and without having to delete them and move them back.

Lunny

Which mod? Apparently you forgot to past the link :P

Thanks alot for the help btw.

KahneFan

I think it will be this one...
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=228

The only problem is, I think this will hide the entire THREAD, not actually just 1 post within the thread.

Tyrsson

Nope just the post. I used this mod myself when I was using 1.1.7

Lunny

I applied the mod. I will report back to let you know how it's going.

Thanks for the help.

Tyrsson

Your welcome,

If this solved your problem please mark this topic as solved by changing the post icon to the green check mark in your original post.

Thanks

Advertisement: