Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy_virtual

The differences between your CSS file and mine are too many, because they are 2 very different versions of the same Theme.

But I cannot find which one of those differences is responsible for the error.

Anyway, I just remembered that ages ago (when we were starting with this mod) we added there a CSS class inside that DIV just in case one day we wanted to change the style of that area:

<div style="margin: auto" class="leyend_stopspammer">

So maybe if we just define that class inside the CSS file and play a little with it that would do the trick.

For example, try adding at the end of the index.css file this:

.leyend_stopspammer {
clear: both;
}

Just in case you don't know too much CSS and don't understand what I am talking about, I have done it already in the file attached.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

GlitchPC

Added...but made no difference.

snoopy_virtual

I run out of ideas. I thought the problem had something to do with the "float".

Just one thing:

After you changed de CSS did you refresh the page a couple of times to be sure the cache of your browser was empty and was displaying the page properly?

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: busterone on June 12, 2011, 06:06:14 PM
It installed and is working well on 2.0.   :)

So to clarify: will this install and work fine on 2.0 final if you simply emulate RC5 during install?

snoopy_virtual

As far as I know you don't need to emulate anything.

As I said before, I haven't tried it yet because I am not planning to use 2.0, but a few people already reported here that the mod installed and it's working properly in 2.0 final without emulation.

GlitchPC

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on June 14, 2011, 03:04:09 PM
I run out of ideas. I thought the problem had something to do with the "float".

Just one thing:

After you changed de CSS did you refresh the page a couple of times to be sure the cache of your browser was empty and was displaying the page properly?

Yes, I did...still have the same issue.  This is really frustrating...

Martine M

I upgraded from SMF 1.13 to 2.0 and installed version 2.3.9.
And here to it isn't working fine any more :(

"Mod Stop Spammer is ON but there is no connection just now with Stop Forum Spam. Please try later.
If the problem persists ask for help in the official support forum."

I really hope there is a solution for this cause I find it a very good mod.

If any solution to this is posted already I am sorry, bit tired for reading it all through today, I hope if needed to do it tomorrow.
Running SMF 2.09 - Diego Andrés Theme Elegant Mind - TP 1.0 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 33

Kindred

that is anot a problem with the mod and there is nothing that anyone here can do about it. it looks like the  SFS site is currently down.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GlitchPC

I just noticed something...

Checking the source of the page with the issue I'm having...I've noticed you've used <div> containers to add the block on the Admin/Members page.

Why didn't you use a table?  It probably would solve the issue I'm having with the css...along with making it look much neater (imho).

Martine M

Quote from: Kindred on June 14, 2011, 05:38:17 PM
that is anot a problem with the mod and there is nothing that anyone here can do about it. it looks like the  SFS site is currently down.

Thank goodness for that, then it will sort itself out. Thanks
Running SMF 2.09 - Diego Andrés Theme Elegant Mind - TP 1.0 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 33

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: enitram on June 14, 2011, 05:34:39 PM
"Mod Stop Spammer is ON but there is no connection just now with Stop Forum Spam. Please try later.
If the problem persists ask for help in the official support forum."

I have been already a few hours in contact with some internet groups to see what is going on.

It looks like a DDoS attack. We are not sure where it's coming from but I would bet it's coming from the same ones responsible for the latest spammers attacks since last Friday.

Quote from: GlitchPC on June 14, 2011, 05:40:48 PM
I just noticed something...

Checking the source of the page with the issue I'm having...I've noticed you've used <div> containers to add the block on the Admin/Members page.

Why didn't you use a table?  It probably would solve the issue I'm having with the css...along with making it look much neater (imho).

I used tables in SMF 1.1.x and I wanted to use them as well in 2.0 but I couldn't because of the way 2.0 it's done. Those divs appear there automatically. I didn't put them there.

Anyway that has not been a problem before for anybody else as far as I know.

Martine M

oh that's not so good then, hope that it will be solved soon not only for me, for you to.
My reaction was maybe a bit light before. sorry cause it is no fun for you.
There are just so many spammers I was a bit scared that stop spammer wasn't working fine anymore. because I lost peoplesign already to.

Chris K

Ive just upgraded from 1.13/1.14 to 2.0 RC5 and its not connecting to the database? - I have tried setting it back to the default theme but it seems to make no difference. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it also no change :(
Its installing fine, and setting the options etc.. but doesnt seem to be able to connect?

snoopy_virtual

@enitram

In all my 8 forums crawltrack, httpBL and the anti-spam questions are working properly.

I was saying yesterday I haven't had a spammer in the last 3 months, but thinking about it today I thinks is 5 months already. I lost count.

I am more worry for Paul (the admin of stopforumspam). I haven't been able to contact him yet.

Quote from: Chris K on June 14, 2011, 06:19:05 PM
Ive just upgraded from 1.13/1.14 to 2.0 RC5 and its not connecting to the database? - I have tried setting it back to the default theme but it seems to make no difference. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it also no change :(
Its installing fine, and setting the options etc.. but doesnt seem to be able to connect?

That's exactly what we are talking about. Please read a few post before yours.

From here onwards:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.msg3075173#msg3075173

DrBermant

http://www.stopforumspam.com/

has been down this afternoon. That means part of the mod cannot work. 

I wonder if they are having a DNS attack? Anyone know what is going on? I have never seen this issue before with that site. Click on a magnifier and you check out a factor. But have been getting yellow can't check members that has shown up for the first time.

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Encyclopedia
A Body Beautiful Plastic Surgery Forum

busterone

It was just posted a few posts back. It appears to be a DDOS attack, but none of us have had any contact with the staff there yet. We all suspected that this was coming. There was some talk among the spammer's networks that slipped out about an upcoming attack against SFS. That was about a week or more ago. At this time though, it is nothing but guesswork until Paul or another staff member at SFS can confirm what is going on.

Chris K

ah ok.. ill keep checking periodically and hope it sorts itself.. its out of my hands then  :'(

mistercheah

Just successfully installed on 1.1.14. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

Chas Large

Just installed on 2.0 full and it looks OK but of course with SFS down can't check any members. The look and layout looks the same as RC5 did.

I guess lots of people upgrading and reinstalling this does not help the load on SFS servers either? Anyway, still the best mod I've ever used for SMF. :)
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Killer600

Quote from: Nerd3D on December 03, 2009, 10:56:35 PM
When I click Check This User I get Unsupported operand at line 247 which is

$_POST += addslashes__recursive(@unserialize($search_params));

SMF 1.1.11

SMF 2.0 RC5:
Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /hd1/users/i5006/www/Sources/ManageMembers.php on line 241

Line 241 from ManageMembers.php:
$_POST += @unserialize(base64_decode($_REQUEST['params']));

Advertisement: