News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosy

:) It works! I'm happy. Thanks a lot.

And I figured out, what made the difference. A month ago I installed the Mod Stop Spammer already in the Test Forum with the Packet Manager. I had an error message with an template-file and deinstalled it. But still the right expansions in the database have been made.

Because of that error message I parsed the Mod and made the changes manuell in the *.php files. They are all correct.
But the last step shows only:
INSERT IGNORE INTO
{$db_prefix}settings
(variable, value)
VALUES   ('stopspammer_count' ,'0'),
('stopspammer_enable','0'),
('stopspammer_show01','1'),
('stopspammer_faildb','2'),
('stopspammer_api_key',''),
('stopspammer_check_name','0'),
('stopspammer_check_mail','1'),
('stopspammer_check_ip

So I only worked on the smf_settings table (and corrected the last row). The error message correlates towards the smf_members table. These instructions havn't been parsed.

Btw: A great mod!!! In combination with httpBL a great support.

Greetings to all
Claudia

GraphicJunki

this Mod is  awsome thank you  ;D

snoopy_virtual

@saffz

You're welcome.  ;)

@Kaitlyn

Could you give us more details:

SMF version you are using.

List of mods you have installed and what version of each one you have. (And if possible in what order did you install them).

When exactly that problem started. Was it just after you installed mod Stop Spammer?

I mean, I don't think this problem has anything to do with this mod, as the sub-action "sa=usernamecheck" it's not defined inside it.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

scythe944

Quote from: Kindred on July 20, 2011, 02:43:59 PM
works fine for me on 2.0 final

I must have some permission problems then.  When I try to remove the mod (in hopes that I could re-install) it gives me test failed messages.

Kindred

well, either it did not completely install, thus causing uninstallation errors...   or anothe rmod has since modified the target code...   just like with errors in INSTALLATION, errors in UNINSTALLATION require manual effort
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

snoopy_virtual

@Kaitlyn

You still didn't tell us what SMF version you are using.

Anyway, you have a big list of mods installed and I don't know all of them, so I am not very sure where those errors can be coming from.

A couple of things are sure though:

1.- Mod Stop Spammer has nothing to do with the sub-action "sa=usernamecheck". Maybe some of the other mods has this sub-action, but as I said I cannot be sure without checking all their code one by one, and there are too many of them.

2.- Mod Forum Firewall is not compatible with mod Stop Spammer (as already stated many times before). Maybe it has nothing to do with this error you are getting just now (I don't know) but they will give you problems working together in the same forum.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

butchs

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on July 29, 2011, 07:55:33 AM
2.- Mod Forum Firewall is not compatible with mod Stop Spammer (as already stated many times before). Maybe it has nothing to do with this error you are getting just now (I don't know) but they will give you problems working together in the same forum.

That is not true I have used both since Forum Firewall was created.  No problems what-so-ever!  Stop spreading untruths.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

SD-X

Quote from: butchs on July 29, 2011, 07:41:57 PM
Quote from: snoopy_virtual on July 29, 2011, 07:55:33 AM

That is not true I have used both since Forum Firewall was created.  No problems what-so-ever!  Stop spreading untruths.
He meant it is not compatible with StopSpammer. How about you stop spreading "untruths" and play nice. I'm sick of you two fighting.

butchs

Quote from: SugarD-x on July 29, 2011, 08:16:41 PM
He meant it is not compatible with StopSpammer. How about you stop spreading "untruths" and play nice. I'm sick of you two fighting.

FALSE!  I have used both mods with no issue for over a year.

I am tired of people making unwarranted false statements about compatibility.

This "fight" is all about snoopy pushing wedge via his warez.  It has nothing to do with compatibility.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

SD-X

Quote from: butchs on July 30, 2011, 06:58:40 AM
Quote from: SugarD-x on July 29, 2011, 08:16:41 PM

FALSE!  I have used both mods with no issue for over a year.

I am tired of people making unwarranted false statements about compatibility.

This "fight" is all about snoopy pushing wedge via his warez.  It has nothing to do with compatibility.
Just because they work without error does not make them compatible. There could be underlying issues between the two that have been reported. Quit trying to pick fights and work with him to resolve it. All you two have done since I found out about your little "war" with each other is moan about how it's the other person's fault.

butchs

You need to prove you case or stop the games.

FF scans information sent through a URL by an outside visitor and ignores all information between SMF, its database and the world.  Stop spammer calls a remote database from within SMF.  This traffic is ignored by FF.  There is absolutely no possible way for the two to interfere with each other.

SD-X

Quote from: butchs on July 30, 2011, 04:30:10 PM
You need to prove you case or stop the games.

FF scans information sent through a URL by an outside visitor and ignores all information between SMF, its database and the world.  Stop spammer calls a remote database from within SMF.  This traffic is ignored by FF.  There is absolutely no possible way for the two to interfere with each other.
How they work doesn't mean they can't conflict. There are other ways. I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying it's possible. I have no case to prove. You two need to stop acting like children and learn to get along instead of shifting the blame.

butchs

Who is shifting blame?  If there was a known incompatibility, I would have fixed it within a week.  It is important to me to maintain compatibility with all major anti-spam mods.  I have released many minor bug fixes.  That is how I roll.  Show me the incompatibility, because I do not believe it exists.

Kindred

actually, I have both of them installed and running just fine, as far as I am aware....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SD-X

Quote from: butchs on July 30, 2011, 04:44:07 PM
Who is shifting blame?  If there was a known incompatibility, I would have fixed it within a week.  It is important to me to maintain compatibility with all major anti-spam mods.  I have released many minor bug fixes.  That is how I roll.  Show me the incompatibility, because I do not believe it exists.
Once again, work with him rather than point fingers and blame. Same goes to you Snoopy. You guys are being too immature about this. Your mods are for the good of the community to fight against something evil, so why are you arguing over something so stupid? Come on now guys...seriously...

snoopy_virtual

Sorry, but I am not aware of being arguing about anything. The only thing I was trying to do was to help Kaitlyn that apparently has a problem (and apparently everybody else forgot about it).

I know I shouldn't do it because the problem Kaitlyn has is not with this mod, but that's the way I am.

Do you think it would have been better I haven't tried to help?

SD-X

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on July 30, 2011, 06:06:51 PM
Sorry, but I am not aware of being arguing about anything. The only thing I was trying to do was to help Kaitlyn that apparently has a problem (and apparently everybody else forgot about it).

I know I shouldn't do it because the problem Kaitlyn has is not with this mod, but that's the way I am.

Do you think it would have been better I haven't tried to help?
Not saying that. I was referring to you two modders always arguing over who's fault it is. I want you two to get along!

butchs

SD-X

butchs

Kaitlyn,
Can you post your current Register.php file as an attachment?

Advertisement: