News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Postbox Message

Started by Bulakbol, January 20, 2009, 12:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

Link to Mod

Author: JohnyB   Mod Name: PostBoxMessage   Version: 1.0
Tested: Freshly installed SMF 1.1.7

• This mod will display a message, a notice or a warning in the post box.
  • To hide the message, either leave the text box empty or tick the checkbox for "Disable post box message".
  • This will also optionally change the size of default post box' width and height.
  • You can select width, height or enter a message, notice or warning at:
        ~ Admin -> Posts and Topics -> Posts Settings.

January 27, 2009

• Removed support for SMF version 2.0 Beta 4 because of a conflict.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

scenerip2k

edi67

oh great as usually thx ;)

ITALIAN LANGUAGE
// PostBox
$txt['disable_smiley_box'] = 'Disabilita gli smileys nel post box';
$txt['post_box_height'] = 'Nuova altezza di default nel post box';
$txt['post_box_height_desc'] = 'Il valore di è 150px';
$txt['post_box_width'] = 'Nuova larghezza di default nel post box';
$txt['post_box_width_desc'] = 'Il valore di default è 70%';
$txt['post_box_message'] = 'Scrivi il Messaggio per gli utenti che postano';
$txt['post_box_message_desc'] = 'Puoi usare i codici BBC (bulletin board codes).';
$txt['post_box_switch'] = 'Disabilita il messaggio del post box';
$txt['post_box_switch_desc'] = 'Nascondi il messaggio agli utenti che postano.';

$helptxt['disable_smiley_box'] = 'Questo comando nasconde gli smileys nel post box.';
$helptxt['post_box_height'] = 'Questo comando abilita a cambiare l\'altezza di default del post box.';
$helptxt['post_box_width'] = 'Questo comando abilita a cambiare la larghezza di default del post box.';
$helptxt['post_box_message'] = 'Scrivi un messaggio per gli utenti che postano un messaggio. Puoi usare i codici BBC e gli smileys.';
$helptxt['post_box_switch'] = 'Questo comando disabilita la visualizzazione del messaggio agli utenti che postano nel post box.';
// PostBox
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

evil-angelist

This goes on the 'to add list' thanks ;)

Sudhakar Arjunan

It's an good mod.

could we test only for the members who try to post within a said interval of time.

Say a user post one message, and clicks on new message button with in 5 mins, we could display this post box instead of showing everytime.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

blondeamon

Perfect.....added it and im excited!!
Always looking for the best

www.kamenos.gr  Greek Gaming Community

cleanfiles

Very useful mod, installed perfectly.  Is there a way to disable it for pm's and certain boards?

Afro

weldone. seems not to be working with quickbox...any file to edit?

Bulakbol

Thanks for the compliments.

@edi67
Thanks for the Italian translation.

@A.SK
Sorry, I don't know how to do it.

@cleanfiles
I'll update the mod today. Meanwhile, you can disable it by editing Post.template.php. Find
if ($context['post_box_switch'] == 'off' && $context['post_box_message'] != '')
replace with
if ($context['post_box_switch'] == 'off' && $context['post_box_message'] != '' && $context['current_action'] == 'post')

If you want to display the message only in few boards, find the board id's and replace the above line with
Quoteif ($context['post_box_switch'] == 'off' && $context['post_box_message'] != '' && $context['current_action'] == 'post' && in_array($context['current_board'], array(62, 4)))

Replace the number 62 and 4 with the board id's where you want to display the message. To exclude the boards, use
Quote... !in_array($context['current_board'], array(62, 4)

@sam_milla
The quick Reply box has its own message and different configuration, so I didn't touch it. If you want to change the message in the Quick Reply box, find $txt['quick_reply_2'] (SMF 1.1.7) or $txt['quick_reply_desc'] (SMF beta 4) from languages/index.english.php and change the text.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

TW1ST3D

Installed and works Perfectly on a heavily modded 1.1.7 forum..................Great Mod !!!!
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

cleanfiles

Thanks for the reply Bulakbol, great mod :)

Afro

Thanks for the reply..I did that

xrunner

Damn test failed! Any suggestions?

1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePosts.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Admin.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english-utf8.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful

cleanfiles

Quote from: xrunner on January 23, 2009, 08:03:16 AM
Damn test failed! Any suggestions?

1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePosts.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Admin.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english-utf8.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
I had the same result, I installed it anyway and modified the post.template.php manually its works fine m8.

Mick.

Very cool thank you.   

Hmmmm i wonder if HTML is allowed?  Maybe some 125x125 google ads

Time to tinker   lol...

heinandar

how to add post box message box with WYSIWYG  RICH TEXT EDITOR. I very like your mod.

Mick.

Sweet.....Google ads work.

netco

There is no need to think or choose . just smf

Burke ♞ Knight

Bulakbol

Sorry guys. I am pulling this mod out due to a conflict.

Restored but only for SMF version 1.1.7. Thanks people for understanding.

Advertisement: