Yet Another Global Announcements Mod (YAGAM)

Started by Nibogo, February 11, 2009, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhamad

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 29, 2010, 03:52:37 PM
Quote from: drhamad on March 29, 2010, 03:46:50 PM
Is this how it's supposed to look (see attached)?  Not looking like other posts - columns wrong and such?  I don't remember previous versions of YAGAM being like this, nor does it look like this in the screenshots of the mod.

Let me know, thanks.

You must edit the table that shows the announcements, this happend because in Curve the Started by and Subject columns has been merged the same happend with views and replies

Do you have a version of this done for Core, by any chance?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Nibogo

Quote from: drhamad on March 29, 2010, 10:07:19 PM
Quote from: NIBOGO on March 29, 2010, 03:52:37 PM
Quote from: drhamad on March 29, 2010, 03:46:50 PM
Is this how it's supposed to look (see attached)?  Not looking like other posts - columns wrong and such?  I don't remember previous versions of YAGAM being like this, nor does it look like this in the screenshots of the mod.

Let me know, thanks.

You must edit the table that shows the announcements, this happend because in Curve the Started by and Subject columns has been merged the same happend with views and replies

Do you have a version of this done for Core, by any chance?

Try with YAGAM v2.1

drhamad

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

drhamad

Hmm, I replaced the MessageIndex.template.php code with the YAGAM 2.0 code and it didn't make a difference.

aw06

Quote from: aw06 on March 29, 2010, 08:09:04 PM
all files passed and mod install, however when a GA is made it get lots of errors... see pic of some, they span about 2 pages each time the GA is viewed. Please advise how to fix... running 2.0 rc3

BUmp ,,, still need help with this...

Line 35 ... ... AnouncementView/errors.php
FROM {db_prefix}announcements AS a

Line 190 ... AnouncementView/errors.php
'num_pages' => floor(($context['announcement']['comment_total'] - 1) / $limit) + 1,

Line 201 ... source/errors.php
$error_message = empty($sprintf) ? $txt[$error] : vsprintf($txt[$error], $sprintf);
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

~DS~

NIBOGO, i uninstalled because it had many error as mentioned in the previous comments.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Cutter65

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 10, 2010, 04:33:21 AM
NIBOGO, i uninstalled because it had many error as mentioned in the previous comments.

Same here. Was getting the same errors as aw06. Running 2.0 RC3.

Cutter

drhamad

As an FYI, we've now moved to Curve so my comments about Core are irrelevant.

aw06

I have not un-installed... i just don't put up any announcement yet, I'm just using the mod to separate the sticky post from normal .. still waiting for a fix for all the errors.
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Nibogo

For those asking for a new version I'm working on it, I was finishing the release of my next product and now I'm fixing these errors but you must know that this errors aren't serious or important so I don't know why uninstall it if works great.

~DS~

Quote from: NIBOGO on April 10, 2010, 07:07:02 PM
For those asking for a new version I'm working on it, I was finishing the release of my next product and now I'm fixing these errors but you must know that this errors aren't serious or important so I don't know why uninstall it if works great.
I am minimalist. :P
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Nibogo

Changelog:

+ New Feature | - Feature Removed | * Changed | @ Important Info | ! Bug Fixed

Version 2.7.2 - Apr 04, 2010
! Fixed all the errors in the Error Log
! Fixed little issue with the random announcement ssi function
* Some little tweaks to the announcements on index

I didn't test it but I hope it works :D

aw06

Installed, still errors when viewing an announcement... See pic

Cutter65

Same here with the new version. When you read a global announcement it causes 10 or so errors in the error log.

Thank you NIBOGO for all the work you do for all us SMF users!  ;D

Cutter

~DS~

Quote from: NIBOGO on April 11, 2010, 11:53:13 AM
Quote from: aw06 on April 10, 2010, 08:56:03 PM
Installed, still errors when viewing an announcement... See pic

You only have that errors???
No, I guess you did test it?
8: Undefined variable: Online
File: /home/user/public_html/dev/Themes/default/AnnouncementView.template.php
Line: 35

2: Division by zero
File: /home/user/public_html/dev/Sources/AnnouncementView.php
Line: 201

8: Undefined variable: limit
Line: 201

Line: 200

Line: 200

File: /home/user/public_html/dev/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 692

Line: 687

Line: 682

Line: 677

Line: 630

Line: 195

2: Missing argument 5 for smf_db_insert(), called in /home/user/public_html/dev/Sources/Announcements.php on line 215 and defined
File: /home/user/public_html/dev/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php
Line: 606

This was on fresh install.  ;)

~DS~

Quote from: NIBOGO on April 11, 2010, 01:24:33 PM
Please try the package attached

I change the way the pagination is created and fix the DB error, works for me
Yep that fixed it. Good job.  ;)

Cutter65

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 11, 2010, 01:41:39 PM
Quote from: NIBOGO on April 11, 2010, 01:24:33 PM
Please try the package attached

I change the way the pagination is created and fix the DB error, works for me
Yep that fixed it. Good job.  ;)

No errors now for me to! Great job!

Thanks NIBOGO for working out this issue for us!  ;D

Cutter

Advertisement: