Invitation System

Started by -Rock Lee-, February 24, 2020, 05:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickpwns

Quote from: shadav on April 25, 2022, 01:46:56 PM
Quote from: Rickpwns on April 25, 2022, 01:42:38 PMIs there a way to make a translation for this mod? Would love to help the author and the community by adding a new language.
as with any mod or theme there should be language files
simply rename the files to your language and edit them accordingly

Yes, after posting I decided to look around how it worked and found the language files. I added a Dutch translation file in the language folder and changed a few lines in 'package-info.xml' so the new file is imported after installing it.
It's working for me now. If anyone wants to do the same they can find the Dutch translation files in the attachment of my post. Download the .zip file for the complete installation or just download the .xml and .php file if you want to customize and add it to your own.

shadav

Quote from: Rickpwns on April 25, 2022, 02:35:40 PM
Quote from: Rickpwns on April 25, 2022, 01:42:38 PMIs there a way to make a translation for this mod? Would love to help the author and the community by adding a new language.

Yes, after posting I decided to look around how it worked and found the language files. I added a Dutch translation file in the language folder and changed a few lines in 'package-info.xml' so the new file is imported after installing it.
It's working for me now. If anyone wants to do the same they can find the Dutch translation files in the attachment of my post. Download the .zip file for the complete installation or just download the .xml and .php file if you want to customize and add it to your own.
sorry but per most licenses I removed the attachment of the mod from your post....
typically uploading/redistributing of mods is not allowed per their licenses, all though after reading what rock lee stated in his initial post I'm unsure if he doesn't mind since the license does state as long as redistributing it links back to this thread...
that said :) thank you for the translation and I'm sure it will be added shortly to the original mod file

Rickpwns

Quote from: shadav on April 25, 2022, 02:47:17 PM
Quote from: Rickpwns on April 25, 2022, 02:35:40 PM

sorry but per most licenses I removed the attachment of the mod from your post....
typically uploading/redistributing of mods is not allowed per their licenses, all though after reading what rock lee stated in his initial post I'm unsure if he doesn't mind since the license does state as long as redistributing it links back to this thread...
that said :) thank you for the translation and I'm sure it will be added shortly to the original mod file
Oops, I'm sorry :) I was unaware of the license.
Hopefuly the language files that remain will help the people who are in need of the translation!

-Rock Lee-

@Rickpwns thanks for the translation, I'll see if I have time in the week and upload the updated package.

@shadav I am a bit of a sharing policy so that some contribution does not die, it can be useful although I also understand the issue here in SMF licenses are a bit strict. Even I sometimes have doubts about how to apply it, I'm not so used to it using in the right way (I suppose in my country they are somewhat softer and that is why it is difficult for me, but you learn as you go ;D).

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

-Rock Lee-

+Added dutch translations provided by @Rickpwns
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Advertisement: