News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Posting Announcement

Started by Mick., October 28, 2008, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Link to Mod

Posting Announcement
By Mick G., originally by Nas.

www.idesignSMF.com

(For SMF 2.0)

Introduction
This mod allows you to spesify a message which will be displayed when your users are posting.
Message is edited in:
SMF 2.0: Admin > Configuration > Modifications > Miscellaneous

Tested
Tested on fresh installation of 2.0

Languages
o English
o Swedish
o Brazilian
I welcome new translation. Post them in the mods topic.

Support
If you need support whit this mod, use the modification thread.

Changelog
Updated to 2.0.17 on Jan 24/2021
December 2010
o Updated to RC4.
2.zip 31st March 2010
o Fixed scroller bar issue while posting.
o Added the warning message into a RED box.
1.1.5 13th June
o Fixed the "File not found"-errors on brazilian and swedish language.
o Fixed the test failed error on Post.template.php.
o Preparing for new functionallity: Different announcements on different boards. (Next version)
o Preparing for new functionallity: Make the icon infront of the announcement optional. (Next version)
1.1.4 27th May 2009
o BBC can now be used within the announcement.
1.1.3.2 23rd May 2009
o Now supports SMF 2.0 RC1-1.
1.1.3.1 30th Mars 2009
o A simple typo made the 2.0 package unable to parse and install.
1.1.3 17th Mars 2009
o Now support SMF 2.0 RC1.
1.1.2 29th October 2008
o Added brazilian language, thanks to Costa.
1.1.1 28th October 2008
o Fixed a small mistake in the installation for SMF 1.1.6.
1.1 28th October 2008
o Added support for SMF 1.1.6
o Added swedish language
1.0 25th October 2008
o Mod was submitted to the SMF Mod Site.

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

genieuk

Excellent Mod, going to install now,

Please add a feature to allow to add different messages to different boards/childboards,

reason why i have one or two boards i would like a message to appear and not on other boards.

Another fab mod  :D

Thanks,
Mathew

Sudhakar Arjunan

A Very Useful mod, where no of post were high.

Thank you Nascar, for this cool mod.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

genieuk

Hi Nascar,

I am confused,

I installed via package manager and it failed on post.template.php so i let the installation continue and i made the edit manually, strangely i found everything rite away.

anyway it said on install, it could not find a file called sources/ManageSettings.php, but just checked and that must be fore SMF 2 beta as i checked the fresh install of SMF 1.1.6 and that file does not exist.

Basically i checked all files and everything seems ok but it not appearing in admin > Feature & Settings > Basic Features

I am comfused, i checked all files and package manager seemed to have added them correctly ???

UPDATE:

I am very confused now, i uninstalled, reinstalled via package manager, edited post.template.php as PM seems to not find code for some reason but no problem as i manually edited, still not showing, it like if something is missing

Mathew

jossanaijr

Quoteanyway it said on install, it could not find a file called sources/ManageSettings.php, but just checked and that must be fore SMF 2 beta as i checked the fresh install of SMF 1.1.6 and that file does not exist.
This error occurs to me too.

genieuk

Quote from: jossanaijr on October 28, 2008, 03:45:53 PM
Quoteanyway it said on install, it could not find a file called sources/ManageSettings.php, but just checked and that must be fore SMF 2 beta as i checked the fresh install of SMF 1.1.6 and that file does not exist.
This error occurs to me too.

dont worry about that as it wont find it as it for SMF 2 so it ok to let it say file not found, problem i am having is nothing shows in admin.  :-\

Is anything showing in your admin ???

Mathew

jossanaijr

I did not installe it yet because I also have a
Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Post.template.php   Test failed

and I cannot edit the php right now.

genieuk

mmm, what you mean you cannot edit it rite now?

if you not sure upload and i will try and add the code for you, i added it on mine no problem, package manager said error on that file for me aswell but when i manually did a find i found it immediately.

Mathew

Marcus Forsberg

If you're using SMF 1.1.6 the ManageSettings should'nt show up. Only ModSettinhs.php should.
Please attach your Modifications.english.php, ModSettings.php and post.template.php.
Both of you.

genieuk

Quote from: Nascar on October 28, 2008, 04:05:00 PM
If you're using SMF 1.1.6 the ManageSettings should'nt show up. Only ModSettinhs.php should.
Please attach your Modifications.english.php, ModSettings.php and post.template.php.
Both of you.

mmm, nothing about modsettings.php on the install guide here for SMF 1.1.6 : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1484

Also pacakge manager shows nothing about mod settings either. I think you may have forgot something.

Both post.template.php and modifications.english.php is fine, but as i said nothing in package manager when installing and in the install guide about modsettings.php

Mathew

Marcus Forsberg

My bad.  imade the 1.1.6 version based on the 2.0 version and forgot to edit a few parts of the installation.
Give me 15 minutes..

genieuk

Quote from: Nascar on October 28, 2008, 04:15:33 PM
My bad.  imade the 1.1.6 version based on the 2.0 version and forgot to edit a few parts of the installation.
Give me 15 minutes..

lol, i knew it was not me as it was so simple to follow. lol.

Mathew

Marcus Forsberg

Try the new package.
If that don't work, call me muddle-headed and send me to jail...

genieuk

Rite, all done apart from mod settings, i do have a signature mod installed and i can't find the code it asks to find so think it because of other mods.

would you please do the edit for me?

attached is the modsettings.php file

Thanks,
Mathew

jossanaijr

I cannot find the code too in ModSettings.php.
Tried to put in the end but got an error.
File attached.

genieuk

Quote from: jossanaijr on October 28, 2008, 06:47:37 PM
I cannot find the code too in ModSettings.php.
Tried to put in the end but got an error.
File attached.

Hi,

Try these two, make sure you keep a backup of original, it is hit or miss but it may work, all i done was find some code relating to signature settings and i then added the code that is asks to add.

The second file has a 1 on it so take the 1 off before uploading, try them both and let me know.

Mathew

He will come to our rescue soon if no luck, i have no luck with mine but not tried what i tried on yours, will do in a min,

jossanaijr

genieuk

Quote from: jossanaijr on October 28, 2008, 07:08:11 PM
Is yours working fine?

DOH! does not work, will have to wait for Nascara to do edit for us.

Mathew

jossanaijr

My problem is that I have almost 100 mods installed many of them with changes in modsettings.php

Advertisement: