SMF Quiz

Started by Diego Andrés, February 18, 2009, 01:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse16V

Does yet the new Version work with other languages (German,...)?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

quiz_modder

Quote from: Eclipse16V on April 21, 2009, 05:16:58 PM
Does yet the new Version work with other languages (German,...)?

As I have mentioned on the smfmodding site, I have it working on there with French although using english language files named .french. I can't guarantee it will all work 100% with other languages, as I haven't tried and don't speak other languages in order to test it.

Eclipse16V

I had install the last version of this mod on 2.0RC1 and make the german files but i became an error message.
later i will test it with the new version.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

quiz_modder

Quote from: Eclipse16V on April 22, 2009, 05:07:39 AM
I had install the last version of this mod on 2.0RC1 and make the german files but i became an error message.
later i will test it with the new version.

You may want to read this topic

http://www.smfmodding.com/index.php?issue=43.0

For it to work with another lanugage you need to create the three language files SMFQuiz, SMFQuizAdmin and SMFQuizCommon for your language. You then need to put the following into your index.<language> file.

//Begin SMFQuiz
$txt['SMFQuiz'] = 'Quiz';
//End SMFQuiz

And you will then need to clear out the file cache in order for those to take effect.

As I have mentioned, I have it working using other languages without actually being in another language if you know what I mean. So, enabling French on my board and making the language changes but using English. I have not tested with an actual other language (as I only speak English), so I cannot guarantee it will work 100% perfectly, but would be happy to assist if there are any issues.

mforum

Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on April 21, 2009, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: mforum on April 11, 2009, 04:33:23 AM
Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on April 09, 2009, 12:48:38 PM
I haven't tested it with other themes or languages. I know some people have it working with other themes and languages though.

with other languages, how ?

Yes, please refer to my reply on the smfmodding site.

Thanks

the problem is not to add the code to other than english language files
the problem is that you have the allready played error message in every quiz if you have other than English language selected from your forum profile.

please try to your forum to choose French or German (i tried with German) as forum language
then try to play whatever quiz you normally could play
you`ll see the "allready played ......" error message ...
then select English language from your profile, try again and you will play just fine

quiz_modder

Quote from: mforum on April 22, 2009, 05:19:52 AM
Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on April 21, 2009, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: mforum on April 11, 2009, 04:33:23 AM
Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on April 09, 2009, 12:48:38 PM
I haven't tested it with other themes or languages. I know some people have it working with other themes and languages though.

with other languages, how ?

Yes, please refer to my reply on the smfmodding site.

Thanks

the problem is not to add the code to other than english language files
the problem is that you have the allready played error message in every quiz if you have other than English language selected from your forum profile.

please try to your forum to choose French or German (i tried with German) as forum language
then try to play whatever quiz you normally could play
you`ll see the "allready played ......" error message ...
then select English language from your profile, try again and you will play just fine

I just did it this VERY second. I changed to French and it worked fine. As I explained in my reply to you on smfmodding, I haven't set it up to work with German, ONLY French. And I believe the reason why it isn't working on your forum is that you haven't cleared out the file cache? And if you have, perhaps you should enter the URL I suggested so you can see the error message.

quiz_modder

SMF Quiz 1.0.6 final has been released. Taken from the readme file...

Enjoy

SMF Quiz
By smfmodding

Current Version:

Supported SMF Version(s):
2.0 RC1

Summary:
A Quiz system for SMF which includes:

• Multiple quizes
  • Multiple quiz leagues
  • Multiple categories, category tree
  • Quiz statistics
  • Administration
  • User quiz creation options
  • User details
  • Much, much more

If you are installing this for the first time it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you also install the SMF Quiz Categories mod afterwards, as this will install some default quiz categories for you. You can obtain this from http://www.smfmodding.com

Supported Languages:

• English only at the moment
  • If you wish to translate to other languages, please get in touch

Installs on:

• Default theme
  • PHP 5 required

Support Topic:

Change Log:

1 May 2009 - Release 1.0.6

• You can now view all quizes that you have played
  • Quiz popup redesigned
  • Quiz importer rewritten
  • Quiz uploader rewritten - you can now upload directly to SMF Modding site from within the mod
  • Quiz listing page redesigned a little and you can now preview a quiz that is waiting for review directly from this quiz list page
  • Switched from MooTools to JQuery
  • Quiz disputes feature added - this allows people to report inaccuracies in quizes
  • Quiz Support section replaced with Quiz Administration Center
  • In user quizes you can now select an image for the quiz in a dropdown
  • "For review" status now added to quiz listing in admin
  • Updated how the quiz deals with session continuations. Instead of adding a timeout and question played every time a user continues with a quiz, it now checks to see when the session was last played and will not allow them to continue unless a certain time period has elapsed.
  • Added total_resumes to quiz sessions and quiz results so you can track how many times a quiz was resumed (window closed and opened again). This can help with diagnosing potential cheats or those attempting to cheat
  • Quiz preview available in user quizes section. You can now see a quick summary of the quizes you have created
  • Updating quiz no longer makes it new
  • Changed the answer_text field in the answers table to text
  • You can now turn off user ratings
  • InfoBoard layout changed and number of items to show if now configurable from quiz admin
  • You can now edit the welcome message
  • Changed how user member information was being displayed in user details page
  • Updated quiz popup layout to fix issue with IE
  • Updated the quiz listing for easiest, hardest, most popular and newest to include appropriate columns
  • You can now view unplayed quizes by other members
  • Added some database indexes to improve performance
  • Updated database functions to use htmlspecialchars instead of htmlentities and to use utf-8

17 Apr 2009 - Release 1.0.5

• Results section added to the Quiz Admin
  • Help added to settings section
  • PM settings added so you can enable/disable top score broken PMs and modify the message that is sent
  • Unplayed quiz listing available from User Details section so you can see all the quizes that you have not played

16 Apr 2009 - Release 1.0.4

• A number of bug fixes
  • Quiz Importer updates

13 Feb 2009 - Release 1.0.3

• Database functions rewritten for SMF 2
  • Database tables/columns renamed
  • Huge amount of code change
  • Installation package rewritten
  • Quiz League section added
  • Permissions for the quiz added

23rd Jan 2009 - Release Candidate 1.0.2

• Some bug fixes
  • New maintenance section in admin

18th Dec 2008 - Beta 1.0.1

• Some bug fixes
  • Added extended who details
  • Quiz masters calculations updated
  • Additional images
  • Added creator to quiz listig in admin
  • Quiz import/export functionality in admin

14th Dec 2008 - Alpha 1.0.0

• Initial release created for testing and feedback

tfs

Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on May 01, 2009, 08:02:45 PM
SMF Quiz 1.0.6 final has been released.

Awesome work!  Anyone interested in this should know that this mod is running beautifully here.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Eclipse16V

I will again insert and will test it times with me. Certainly again with the German language together not to work. I will then provide times German files. Even if it brings probably nothing.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

quiz_modder

Quote from: Eclipse16V on May 02, 2009, 01:06:01 AM
I will again insert and will test it times with me. Certainly again with the German language together not to work. I will then provide times German files. Even if it brings probably nothing.

If you run into problems let me know and I will try to work with you to resolve them.

Eclipse16V

Are straight at translating.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Eclipse16V

At first i become this error when i will play a quiz:

QuoteAn unexpected parser error has occurred while retrieving data from the server. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of this error.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

quiz_modder

Quote from: Eclipse16V on May 02, 2009, 04:49:05 AM
At first i become this error when i will play a quiz:

QuoteAn unexpected parser error has occurred while retrieving data from the server. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of this error.

Could you create me an account on the forum and send the details to [email protected] and I will have a look later.

Thanks

Eclipse16V

I will make myself the days times to the error and will repair this. Property with you in that English file a double entry found.

SMFQuiz.english.php
'NotCreatedQuizes' => 'You have not created any quizes',

I already translated 1/4 into German.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Sudhakar Arjunan

Great update SMF_Modding, will install in my smf soon.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

C4G-TK

Nice job with putting the videos in the install area of the package download.  very nice.

-img removed-

quiz_modder

Quote from: C4G-TK on May 02, 2009, 05:01:10 PM
Nice job with putting the videos in the install area of the package download.  very nice.

Yeah, I wasn't sure they showed up very well though?

C4G-TK

Could make out what they were doing by the tag below each video.
about to head over to your site to see what else you have going on.

-img removed-

quiz_modder

Quote from: C4G-TK on May 02, 2009, 05:19:15 PM
Could make out what they were doing by the tag below each video.
about to head over to your site to see what else you have going on.

Not much else to be honest, I spent FAR too much time on the quiz. The wife hardly sees me anymore  :o

tfs

Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on May 02, 2009, 05:28:32 PMNot much else to be honest, I spent FAR too much time on the quiz. The wife hardly sees me anymore  :o

You're married?  Now I feel kinda guilty for encouraging you to spend so much time on the quiz during the last couple of weeks!  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Advertisement: