News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Quiz

Started by Diego Andrés, February 18, 2009, 01:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

It does... If someone will do it, now....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

quiz_modder

Biology Forums

That said, could someone make a 1.x variant :(

Kindred

it is unlikely that this will ever be back ported to 1.1.x.
2.0 is the current release....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on November 06, 2011, 07:49:33 PM
it is unlikely that this will ever be back ported to 1.1.x.
2.0 is the current release....

What a shame

mortymoose

I was using this mod about a 18 months ago, excellent mod, I just had a problem with my forum and had to uninstall the mod..... The problem on my forum had NOTHING to do with this mod, my members enjoyed the mod...so did I, I think this could be one of the :BIG" Mods..... given time and support .... So I encourage anyone out there to carry on with the project, I unfortunately do not know how to write the code....

On another point, I have just managed to reinstall the mod, but have lost all my animate icons.... I see smfmodding has shut his site down, does anyone remember how to get the icons back .... I forget as Iinitially installed this mode over two years ago.

Thanks

Wolfi

Moin Zusammen,

Vielleicht kann mir hier einer helfen, irgentwie finde ich nix passendes. Habe den Mod install via Paketmanager. Er zeigte mir keine Fehler an. Das Quiz kann ich sehen, auf der Seite sowohl als auch im ACP. Gehe ich jetzt allerdings auf bearbeiten im ACP
wird mir die darauffolgende Seite nicht angezeigt, einfach nur weißes Bild, keine Fehlermeldung, nichts.
Habe dann Sprache(ACP) umgestellt, brachte auch nichts.
Habe im Language Ordner die 3 Englishen Dateien, habe die 3 Kopiert und als german dazu gesetzt, nüscht.
habe im Paketordner die Version des Boards geändert, auch nichts.
Langsam verzweifel ich hier :)

version; SMF 2.0.1
ezBoard
Theme: Rhusty White

Sollte dieses Problem schonmal wo behandelt worden sein, dann sry für diese erneute Anfrage :)

Eclipse16V

Das umstellen auf Deutsch ist nicht so einfach.
Erst recht die ACP Dateien.
Dort habe ich alles noch in Englisch und nur den User Bereich in Deutsch. Da geht alles ohne Probleme.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

GlitchPC

Okay...

I tried to give this another go.  I still get the same error as originally reported here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293949.msg3179787#msg3179787

So...I tried Eclipse16V's fix here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293949.msg3140530#msg3140530

While that got me into the Admin area...I still get several error messages in the Admin Error Log.  That was trying to use the latest beta version of this mod 1.0.8, I beleive...on an SMF 2.0.1 board.

So...next, I tried to install the 1.07 version on the same board.  It parsed okay...I just had to make manual template changes to Subs.php and ScheduledTasks.php...no big deal.  Uh-oh!  Database error...telling me I have to upgrade.  Go to PHPMyAdmin and change the database table names...to 'smf_' prefixes...still no go!

For those of you running this quiz on your SMF 2.0.1 boards...How the heck did you do it????

Dave J

Quote from: GlitchPC on December 13, 2011, 12:16:39 PM
Okay...

I tried to give this another go.  I still get the same error as originally reported here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293949.msg3179787#msg3179787

So...I tried Eclipse16V's fix here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293949.msg3140530#msg3140530

While that got me into the Admin area...I still get several error messages in the Admin Error Log.  That was trying to use the latest beta version of this mod 1.0.8, I beleive...on an SMF 2.0.1 board.

So...next, I tried to install the 1.07 version on the same board.  It parsed okay...I just had to make manual template changes to Subs.php and ScheduledTasks.php...no big deal.  Uh-oh!  Database error...telling me I have to upgrade.  Go to PHPMyAdmin and change the database table names...to 'smf_' prefixes...still no go!

For those of you running this quiz on your SMF 2.0.1 boards...How the heck did you do it????

I had the same error and the only way I could get rid of it was to edit 'SMFQuizAdmin.php' which is in the 'Sources' directory

Make a copy of the current file.

Find:
function ParseLeagueMessage($message, $quizLeagueName, $oldPosition, $newPosition, $positionMovement, $id_quiz_league) {

global $user_settings, $scripturl;

$message = str_replace("{quiz_league_name}", $quizLeagueName, $message);
$message = str_replace("{old_position}", $oldPosition, $message);
$message = str_replace("{new_position}", $newPosition, $message);
$message = str_replace("{position_movement}", $positionMovement, $message);
$message = str_replace("{quiz_league_link}", $scripturl . '?action=SMFQuiz;sa=quizleagues;id=' . $id_quiz_league, $message);
return $message;
}

Remove this code, save the file and clear out the cache and try to access the quiz admin again.

What I found was that the above code is identical in both the 'SMFQuizAdmin.php' and 'ScheduledTasks.php'
and my guess was that it would not be required twice, so removing it from the 'SMFQuizAdmin.php' seemed the logical choice.

I have seen no adverse effects after removing this code in the general working of the quiz or creating quizzes etc. I have not done a league clean up as I have disabled that function just incase the edit does affect it.

If you are likely to use the league part of the quiz you may want to speak to someone further to see if they can solve it.

Hope that helps
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

GlitchPC

Basically...that's what Eclipse16V's edit does.  Like I said...I'm able to get into the Quiz Admin, but every time I do...it results in an entry in the Admin Error Log.

Eclipse16V

Hello,
wanted to ask whether there is something new regarding the mod already?
Would not even pursue this a mod?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

TosBoss

got this working in 2.0.1

with 24 quizes from 2rc1

booch_21

Ok, I'm trying to get this mod working again in 2.0.2.  Everything appears to work except that I am getting a "parser error" when trying to play any quiz.  I had this up and running back when the author was working with it quite a bit.  Now, his forum is down, and all traces of the fix are gone.  Can anyone help me trace this thing out, please?

Mr_Toad

As "booch_21", I am getting the "parser error", thus:
"An unexpected parser error has occurred while retrieving data from the server. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of this error."

Any help that anyone can give me would be much appreciated. I use SMF 2.0.1 with TorBlock, BadBehaviour and Forum Firewall (the theme is 'Fresh Looks').

Previous commentators refer to this error in the context of using language files other than English - but my site is English. Are there some 'english'-related files that need to be removed?

Tried uninstalling and installing, without success. The first test quiz that I made keeps re-appearing - apart from clearing the file cache can anyone direct me to the relevant places to 'clean' up the code it left behind (I searched for 'SMFQuiz' and so on)?

I guess I'll have to make a quiz page myself and just re-direct to it from the forum. Very disappointing because this problem seems to be just a small glitch.

eedriyz

Quote from: Eclipse16V on August 19, 2011, 04:58:54 PM
If I change the following, it works without problems (at present) with me.

SMFQuizAdmin.php
Search
function ParseMessage($message, $quiztitle, $total_seconds, $total_points, $top_time, $top_points, $quizImage, $scripturl, $id_quiz, $old_member_name) {

global $user_settings;

$message = str_replace("{quiz_name}", $quiztitle, $message);
$message = str_replace("{new_score_seconds}", $total_seconds, $message);
$message = str_replace("{new_score}", $total_points, $message);
$message = str_replace("{old_score_seconds}", $top_time, $message);
$message = str_replace("{old_score}", $top_points, $message);
$message = str_replace("{member_name}", $user_settings['real_name'], $message);
$message = str_replace("{old_member_name}", $old_member_name, $message);
$message = str_replace("{quiz_image}", "[img]" . $quizImage . "[/img]", $message);
$message = str_replace("{quiz_link}", $scripturl . '?action=SMFQuiz;sa=categories;id_quiz=' . $id_quiz, $message);
return $message;
}

function ParseLeagueMessage($message, $quizLeagueName, $oldPosition, $newPosition, $positionMovement, $id_quiz_league) {

$message = str_replace("{quiz_league_link}", $scripturl . '?action=SMFQuiz;sa=quizleagues;id=' . $id_quiz_league, $message);
return $message;
}

Replace with
function ParseMessage($message, $quiztitle, $total_seconds, $total_points, $top_time, $top_points, $quizImage, $scripturl, $id_quiz, $old_member_name) {

$message = str_replace("{quiz_name}", $quiztitle, $message);
$message = str_replace("{new_score_seconds}", $total_seconds, $message);
$message = str_replace("{new_score}", $total_points, $message);
$message = str_replace("{old_score_seconds}", $top_time, $message);
$message = str_replace("{old_score}", $top_points, $message);
$message = str_replace("{member_name}", $user_settings['real_name'], $message);
$message = str_replace("{old_member_name}", $old_member_name, $message);
$message = str_replace("{quiz_image}", "[img]" . $quizImage . "[/img]", $message);
$message = str_replace("{quiz_link}", $scripturl . '?action=SMFQuiz;sa=categories;id_quiz=' . $id_quiz, $message);
return $message;
}
/*

return $message;
}
*/

This is not ideal, but at least I'm in the admin area.

My problem is different. After installing the quiz mod on my forum no part of the site can be accessed. All it brings is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare scheduled_quiz_maintenance() (previously declared in /home/leadwblc/public_html/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php:393) in /home/leadwblc/public_html/Sources/ScheduledTasks.php  on line 1116./
I already tried those solution but none worked. I use version 2.02
I really need help as fast as possible.
thanks in anticipation

eedriyz

All I need for now is to get my forum up and running again. Pls I really need help

SA™

check Sources/ScheduledTasks.php

and see if scheduled_quiz_maintenance() is declared twice if so remove one if you are unsure pls attach that filee here
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

eedriyz

Quote from: SA™ on January 21, 2012, 01:16:03 PM
check Sources/ScheduledTasks.php

and see if scheduled_quiz_maintenance() is declared twice if so remove one if you are unsure pls attach that filee here

Thanks IT IS WORKING NOW

mrselnombre

I'd really like to try this mod.
Does anyone have the quiz packs?

Want to see if i can get it working.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Total Twaddle.

Advertisement: