News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Quiz

Started by Diego Andrés, February 18, 2009, 01:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMike

Quote from: Soja on October 28, 2011, 12:34:22 AM
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_category) is a result of not having a quiz made before you try and add questions. Took me a few hours to figure this one out myself  ;D

Thank you for posting this.

emanuele

Quote from: lifeguard81 on July 05, 2012, 05:39:27 AM
Somebody has the dutch language?
I have only the English that comes with the mod... :(

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

MrMike

I love this mod, but I wish there was one thing I could change: you have to add questions to an already-existing quiz, you can't add a bunch of questions and then pick from the questions to make a quiz. :(

I already have a bank of ~20,000 quiz questions and answers, but I'd like to re-use some of the questions in different quizzes. As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be any way to do that with this mod without entering the question again and again.

emanuele

I think it does make sense! I tracked it so I should not forget... lol

Of course as usual at the moment I'm working on "other" things... :P
As soon as I've finished there, I'll come back to this too! ;D

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

A{b}r{a}xa{s}

Installed this MOD and it looks great !
But although the settings i entered are that people should be able to play a quiz 3 times, it only works just 1 time giving a message (already played the amount of times you can play this quiz) when somebody tries to play a quiz for the second time ?
I have enabled the 'show answers' option, maybe this is causing the problem ?

emanuele

Yeah, that's a known problem, I think I posted something that should fix it a while ago but it doesn't seem to always work...it worked for me while testing, but not for others...
I'll investigate the problem as soon as I'll find a bit of time.
Of course if anyone has any idea feel free to post it here! ;D

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

A{b}r{a}xa{s}

OK, thanks !
Normal Quizzes work fine apart from this, so we can use them. :)
I'm now trying to set up a league, seems to work fine for me but keeps 'loading' when others try to play it.

emanuele

mmm...things that hangs in "loading" are the worse... >:(

If you can provide me an account (regular user should be more than enough) I can try to have a look.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

A{b}r{a}xa{s}

I'll send you a private message with info about the account

A{b}r{a}xa{s}

Just tried setting up a league again and strangely it works for me, and my testaccount (admin rights) and a co-adminaccount. (same IP for al 3)
Created a 'normal' account and this didn't work. (same IP again).
Other normal users can play the quizzes but the league keeps 'loading' like previously.

The Silver Monkey

Quote from: Kindred on January 11, 2011, 12:51:17 PMmake open answers non-case specific. i.e. netherlands should be the same as Netherlands, especially when typing in less than 20 seconds.

And in addition to this, make open questions be able to accept multiple answers.

Booboy

Well, Iv tried to read wholle conversation, but still have question about "loading" issue...
I've installed mod, 10 quizes pack not only on default but on fresh look theme tho but when I or other member tries, "loading quiz" standing there and that is all.... any idea?

emanuele

Hello Booboy and welcome to sm.org. :)

The cause of "loading" issue is almost always different: it can be malformed javascript, it can be ads popping out in the wrong place, it can be some other mod do something it should not do, etc. (and in some cases like for A{b}r{a}xa{s} I still haev to find the cause because it appears to be a rather strange problem...)

What I usually ask is to send me the data of an account (regular user that can play a quiz) and of course an url to the forum so that I can check and see if I can find the issue. :)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Booboy

Quote from: emanuele on August 12, 2012, 03:53:21 PM
Hello Booboy and welcome to hxxp:sm.org [nonactive]. :)

Thanks Emanuel, I just sent u PM. Hope u ll find the way ;)

emanuele

Your is the issue with fancy box...
One day or another I've to fix that too... :(

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Booboy

Quote from: emanuele on August 12, 2012, 04:51:43 PM
Your is the issue with fancy box...
One day or another I've to fix that too... :(

Yahooooo! Thanks m8, ur the best and quick ;)
Working like charm

Thanks again

XHIBIT911

I'm having issues with the league settings. Its probably something I've set wrong..so can someone show me how to correctly set the league up for different rounds ?

emanuele

What kind of issues?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

XHIBIT911

I know its the settings...the quiz league leaders only show for round 1...I know its something simple in the settings I just cant figure it out

emanuele

If the league proceeds (i.e. round 2, etc.), but the leader is always the same could be a problem of a scheduled task not triggered or that doesn't work at all.

Try going to admin > maintenance > scheduled tasks, you should find a scheduled task related to the quiz, try to run it manually and see if the league is updated.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: