Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crasy

My members keep receiving this error:

"Score was not saved because session is missing "

How can I fix this?

fwitt

Quote from: Jiveturkey on September 10, 2008, 05:22:59 PM
What is the best way to upgrade from 2.0.12 to 2.0.15 and still keep all of the high scores?

Upgrading within the 2.0.x has no affect on highscores they are not affected by the process.

bengal_nation

Quote from: fwitt on September 09, 2008, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: machmanx on September 08, 2008, 11:53:12 PM
Help, I can't install any games in arcade.  I am running SMF 2.0 beta 4 with SMF Arcade 2.5 beta 1.  After uploading a game, the page refreshes and goes to the installed games list, but it never lists the game I had uploaded.  I tried different games, but it still won't install anything.  There is even a link to download the default minesweeper game, but that won't even download.  It just refreshes the page as if I did nothing.  There is no error in the log either.

Someone please help me out, thanks!

Edit: I solved the problem, just had to manually upload the files via FTP.

any bugs in the beta versions of the arcade please post them to the bug tracker at hxxp:smfarcade.info [nonactive] with as much info as possible about what you were doing/configeration etc. when this occured. So that hopefully the bugs can be found and fixed b4 a stable version is released.

Quote from: bengal_nation on September 09, 2008, 07:38:26 PM
I need some help. I am trying to apply the arcade mod to SMF 1.1.4 with arcade package 2.0.14 and i keep gettin g this error

5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

What am I doing wrong.

you are doing nothing wrong, this is the arcade trying to add a link to the menubar, anouther mod has probly already added a link where the arcade is trying to find changing the code the arcade is looking for. the best solution is to install despite the error and then manually add the code for the arcade link.

Ok Thanks fwitt for your help

Jiveturkey

Now that I've upgraded I my members can't input their scores.  Once they're done playing they get a page not found error.

Any idea on what might cause this?

bengal_nation

I have installed arcade now , but how do I get a button for it so my members can get into and play

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: VegaTheChosen on September 03, 2008, 10:34:31 PM
its set to english i dont even have the option to switch the language
any other suggestions?
thanks again for the help

your option should be in the admin center under server settings, if you can not access it, then chmod your settings.php file to 777 so you can change it to english

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

alex30

What causes

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

and how can I upload games?

mod is installed.

helpmehelpme

5.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed

why?? can somebody help meeeee

niko

Quote from: helpmehelpme on September 18, 2008, 08:44:45 AM
5.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed

why?? can somebody help meeeee

This is usually because of other mod which blocks Arcade from making its edits.
You can install and then make edits to index.template.php manually.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Fox420

I knew I missed this board somewhere!

I posted this yesterday on another board, but here's the issue if someone can help me out!

I upgraded my smf from my website directory (under Fantastico), and it took away the Arcade from the Forum. But here is the thing! The Arcade and all the packages are still in my website's File Manager. So they haven't been deleted! There is even a backup file I didn't know about. A "...tar.gz" copy dated from yesterday! So it's all there. But it doesn't show up on my forum.

There isn't even a space under my Admin, where the Arcade Section would go. I had that problem before. I changed the language. And fixed that). But in this case, there is nothing.

Now in my Packages (also in my Admin) it shows SMF Arcade 2.0.13 as a downloaded modification, but not as an Installed mod. It only shows the smf upgrade I just did as an Installed mod. And the Arcade mod (in the Packages) does NOT have a button saying [Uninstall]. Only [list Files] and [Delete].

It's actually been so long since I've delt with it, I forgot how to reinstall it. I could find it elsewhere, but since I'm already getting help for someone (HOPEFULLY!). Can you just tell me what to do now. In other words, how to get the zip files in my website directories, back on my forum. If I have to reinstall everything, that's fine.

I just hope all the scores still show up...because everything is still in my File Manager! And they are right where they were before..Games Folder and Packages Folder and GetId3 Folder, under the Forum folder. They're just not showing up on the Forum at all.

Any help would be appreciated.[/list]

rider

Quote from: Fox420 on September 19, 2008, 06:21:21 PM
I knew I missed this board somewhere!

I posted this yesterday on another board, but here's the issue if someone can help me out!

I upgraded my smf from my website directory (under Fantastico), and it took away the Arcade from the Forum. But here is the thing! The Arcade and all the packages are still in my website's File Manager. So they haven't been deleted! There is even a backup file I didn't know about. A "...tar.gz" copy dated from yesterday! So it's all there. But it doesn't show up on my forum.

There isn't even a space under my Admin, where the Arcade Section would go. I had that problem before. I changed the language. And fixed that). But in this case, there is nothing.

Now in my Packages (also in my Admin) it shows SMF Arcade 2.0.13 as a downloaded modification, but not as an Installed mod. It only shows the smf upgrade I just did as an Installed mod. And the Arcade mod (in the Packages) does NOT have a button saying [Uninstall]. Only [list Files] and [Delete].

It's actually been so long since I've delt with it, I forgot how to reinstall it. I could find it elsewhere, but since I'm already getting help for someone (HOPEFULLY!). Can you just tell me what to do now. In other words, how to get the zip files in my website directories, back on my forum. If I have to reinstall everything, that's fine.

I just hope all the scores still show up...because everything is still in my File Manager! And they are right where they were before..Games Folder and Packages Folder and GetId3 Folder, under the Forum folder. They're just not showing up on the Forum at all.

Any help would be appreciated.[/list]
in package manager do you see the option to uninstall the forum update?If so uninstall it.You should see the option to uninstall the arcade.Then get the lastest version of the arcade that goes with the forum update and install it..Your scores will be ok.

Fox420

No option to Uninstall. I can Delete it, though.

Here's what it looks like. This is under Browse Packages:

Mod Name Version 
1. SMF Arcade PM Switch 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0                          [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. SMF Arcade 2.0.13                                   [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

You'll see a second update. I updated my smf a while ago, when 1.1.6 came out.

My recent update happened because I went into my File Manager and it told me to update my smf to: 1.1.5...I think! (just by looking at this).

I didn't realize I already had a better version. So once I did the upgrade in Fantastico/My Control Panel, I went to smf...and it told me to upgrade (AGAIN) to 1.1.6. So I did.

That's when I realized I should have just left everything as is.

But now it only has this under INSTALLED PACKAGES:

1. SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update 1.0      [ Uninstall ]
2. SMF Arcade PM Switch 1.0.1          [ Uninstall ]

Thanks in advance, for any help!

Mystiquo

excuse me but 'it's possible in first page of forum i see the game of day ???????????

ousu

Hi friends,
I am using SMF Arcade 2.0.14 and it is working fine, I would like to keep the games in orderwaie,

I mean, I would like to keep the games in a folders as, action games in action folder , sports games in sports folder.
So that the user can select the any action or sport folder and can play the respective games.

Please Help me in this regard.

thank you

matasanos

any mod to make cups?? tournaments?

ruedigers

Quote from: matasanos on September 21, 2008, 11:25:01 AM
any mod to make cups?? tournaments?

V2.5 of the SMF-arcade includes tournaments, but it is still Beta.  8)

http://www.smfarcade.info/wiki/Arcade_2.5:Features [nofollow]
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010
Aeva Media 1.4w
Adk Blog 2.0

Crasy

Quote from: Crasy on September 11, 2008, 05:49:44 PM

How can I fix this?

Is this error not fixable?

matasanos

fwitt

Quote from: Mystiquo on September 21, 2008, 10:54:01 AM
excuse me but 'it's possible in first page of forum i see the game of day ???????????

If you have tinyportal installed on your forum there is deffinatly block code that does this in the hack board at smfarcade.info there may also be code to you can use/modify in your index.template.php if you dont.

Quote from: Crasy on September 25, 2008, 04:37:21 PM
Quote from: Crasy on September 11, 2008, 05:49:44 PM

How can I fix this?

Is this error not fixable?

there are lots of possibilities of things that can cause this message to occur, the simplest being the one it was designed for, the users login session expiring between starting a game and submitting the score. Make sure your users arnt setting there login session to 15 mins then spending an hour playing games b4 submitting there score.

if that isnt the issue then search this thread and smfarcade.info for previous solutions to problems that caused this error and see if they apply to you. I have seen quite few different problems/solutions with this symptom

Armin2008

I installed SMF Arcade about 6 months ago and it worked fine for 4 months and now it wont save highscores anymore. When its suppose to redirect to the scores list where it saves your score it doesn't. It just hangs on the game. Could it be one of my other mods that is interrupting the highscores.

Mods that i am Using
Quote1.     Redirection Boards     2.01     [ Uninstall ]
2.    YouTube BBCode    2.3    [ Uninstall ]
3.    Users Online Today Mod    1.4.0    [ Uninstall ]
4.    Advanced AJAX Shoutbox    1.20    [ Uninstall ]
5.    Admin Notepad    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
6.    SMFShop    3.0    [ Uninstall ]
7.    SMF Arcade    2.0.14    [ Uninstall ]
8.    SMF Shop Lottery    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ]
9.    SMF Arcade Shop Mod    1.0.0    [ Uninstall ]
10.    Shop Item: Profile Image    0.1    [ Uninstall ]
11.    Custom Action Mod    2.04    [ Uninstall ]