News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafferty

Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

timthrill

Quote from: timthrill on February 26, 2009, 01:31:02 PM
i have installed this on my fourms i have 1.1.8 but when i click on the arcade link i get nothing it just goes to the home page? any ideas?
anyone?

kingkingston

Quote from: timthrill on February 27, 2009, 11:43:50 AM
i have installed this on my fourms i have 1.1.8 but when i click on the arcade link i get nothing it just goes to the home page? any ideas?
anyone?

Have you got it linked up to the arcade button right ?

Skhilled

Quote from: UkGangsta on February 22, 2009, 11:19:05 AM
i have major issues with the latest arcade. here is my problem.

i have changed my hosts in last 24 hrs.

i have chmoded all files for arcade.

and im still getting this error
Directory /home/***/Games is not writable and chmod didn't succeed. Please make it writable manually.

is this due to my site propagating still or is there another reason.

can some one please advise how to fix this please.

im running smf 1.1.8

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3

and latest arcade.

That is probably because you have lost ownership of your files. Ask your hosting to chown and chmod your files for you.

Quote from: The Rancher on February 23, 2009, 01:41:38 PM
Quote from: Kat on February 23, 2009, 09:03:37 AM
install.xml

OK so I found the .xml.  It is a fairly large file. Do I put in the whole code? Were do I put it?

Do a search for "index.template.php" within the install.xml file and it will show you. If you have not read the SMF documentation for Manual Installs, you can do a search for it on this site and it will tell you how to read the .xml files that accompany mods. This has been discussed many times in this topic.

Quote from: ysNoi on February 24, 2009, 08:29:00 AM
I'm having this errors now : Score was not saved because session is missing

How can I fix this..? Thanks in advanced...!

Please do a search at SMF Arcade for this. There are a couple possible reasons why this is happening.

You need to re-check your code or you have another mod that is conflicting with the arcade's code and redirecting it.

Quote from: clapter on February 26, 2009, 05:48:38 PM
How do you make it so users must register, but there is no minimum post count?

Do you mean for the Arcade or for SMF itself. For SMF, you've posted in the wrong topic. For the Arcade, change the settings for post count in the admin.

Quote from: Rafferty on February 27, 2009, 06:41:41 AM
i have smf version 1.1.8 installing smfarcade 2.0.17. All installed ok but no menu tab. Checked action=arcade and the arcade is present and working. what would have gone wrong here?

You have to manually add the button code. This has been discussed many, many this in this topic and the answer in here and at SMF Arcade.

Quote from: Rafferty on February 27, 2009, 06:41:41 AM
i have smf version 1.1.8 installing smfarcade 2.0.17. All installed ok but no menu tab. Checked action=arcade and the arcade is present and working. what would have gone wrong here?

This topic has answered that problem many times over here and at SMF Arcade.

Rafferty

This is a little different as I'm using default theme on a new installation of 1.1.8.

The button code is present in the coding but not showing on the board. Ive even checked the code closely comparing it with the smf parser and its identical but still it doesnt show.

timthrill

Quote from: kingkingston on February 27, 2009, 12:58:00 PM
anyone?

yep
QuoteYou need to re-check your code or you have another mod that is conflicting with the arcade's code and redirecting it.
i don't have any other mods and everything seems to be in order? which files should i check?

kris1903

works fine for me, apart from no scores are saved? how do i fix this?

aED

Is there a MOD like this for RC1

Skhilled

Quote from: Rafferty on February 28, 2009, 07:10:32 AM
This is a little different as I'm using default theme on a new installation of 1.1.8.

The button code is present in the coding but not showing on the board. Ive even checked the code closely comparing it with the smf parser and its identical but still it doesnt show.

Then something is conflicting with it. Do you have SimplePortal or something else installed like SEO or FlashChat Integration?

Quote from: timthrill on February 28, 2009, 10:49:01 AM
Quote from: kingkingston on February 27, 2009, 12:58:00 PM
anyone?

yep
QuoteYou need to re-check your code or you have another mod that is conflicting with the arcade's code and redirecting it.
i don't have any other mods and everything seems to be in order? which files should i check?

index.template.php

Quote from: kris1903 on March 01, 2009, 02:30:18 AM
works fine for me, apart from no scores are saved? how do i fix this?

Check your URLs for the arcade and make sure they match your Server Settings in SMF Admin.

Quote from: aED on March 01, 2009, 09:55:42 AM
Is there a MOD like this for RC1

Yes, at SMF Arcade.

nesousx

HI all,

I've the E-Arcade mod installed on my forum (SMF 2.0 RC1) here : http://www.alogh.com/forum/index.php?action=arcade [nofollow]

Scoring is not working. It worked, for a few minutes, then it no longer "ask" for scores.... Happened several times already. I have to remove / reinstall and it works for another few minutes.

I posted on E-arcade forums a few days ago but nobody could help.

Any idea please?

fwitt

Quote from: nesousx on March 01, 2009, 05:36:12 PM
HI all,

I've the E-Arcade mod installed on my forum (SMF 2.0 RC1) here : http://www.alogh.com/forum/index.php?action=arcade

Scoring is not working. It worked, for a few minutes, then it no longer "ask" for scores.... Happened several times already. I have to remove / reinstall and it works for another few minutes.

I posted on E-arcade forums a few days ago but nobody could help.

Any idea please?

what version of E-arcade? Cos I didnt think E-arcade had been updated to run on SMF 2.0 RC1 in fact I havent heard of any E-arcade for any SMF 2 version.

nesousx

It's E-Arcade Beta 3.

Supposed to work. Here is a part form the package.info [nofollow] file :

<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<id>Eric:Arcade</id>
<name>E-Arcade</name>
<version>Beta 3 SMF2rc1</version>
<type>modification</type>

<install for="2.0 Beta 4,2.0 RC1">
<readme>install.txt</readme>
<modification format="xml" type="file">newInstall.xml</modification>

Rafferty

Quote from: Rafferty on February 28, 2009, 07:10:32 AM

Then something is conflicting with it. Do you have SimplePortal or something else installed like SEO or FlashChat Integration?

No none of them, it is a reasonably fresh install with the gallery, downloads, links, staff list, donations, arcade, articles & contact pages added.

TDNY

Thanks for the arcade a lot ;D I'm using smf 1.1.8 and it loaded itself in perfectly. very easy to load the games and make setting adjustments, I am totally new to all this and some things are tricky to figure out but this was great, thanks again.

TD

fwitt

Quote from: nesousx on March 01, 2009, 06:39:45 PM
It's E-Arcade Beta 3.

Supposed to work. Here is a part form the package.info file :

<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<name>E-Arcade</name>

The following is a quote from smfarcade.info refering to SMFArcade Beta 3, but I believe E-arcade versions match the Arcade versions they are based on so hopefully the solution should be similar.

Quote from: Niko
Yes, this is known bug, fixed in Beta 4 (Issue #198)

Fix:

Subs-Arcade.php

Find:

ORDER BY score ' . ($reverse ? 'ASC' : 'DESC'),

Replace with:

ORDER BY score ' . ($reverse ? 'DESC' : 'ASC'),

Otherwise it compares to best core instead of worst

KahneFan

I just installed on RC1 and received an error in regards to arcade_games table during install and of course now I receive this on my arcade...

Table 'ipost.smf_arcade_games' doesn't exist
File: .../Sources/ArcadeList.php
Line: 136

It should be an easy SQL command to run, I'm just tired and not thinking straight right now to figure it out :D
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Skhilled

Quote from: Rafferty on March 02, 2009, 01:16:55 AM
No none of them, it is a reasonably fresh install with the gallery, downloads, links, staff list, donations, arcade, articles & contact pages added.

I see you have TP installled, if the site in question is the one in your Post Profile. Try disabling your blocks especially any RSS feeds. Sometimes, a bad block can cause problems for your mods and your forum.

Quote from: KahneFan on March 07, 2009, 09:41:01 PM
I just installed on RC1 and received an error in regards to arcade_games table during install and of course now I receive this on my arcade...

Table 'ipost.smf_arcade_games' doesn't exist
File: .../Sources/ArcadeList.php
Line: 136

It should be an easy SQL command to run, I'm just tired and not thinking straight right now to figure it out :D

Try this: http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php/topic,4710.msg29014.html#msg29014

nesousx

Quote from: fwitt on March 02, 2009, 05:09:08 PM
Quote from: nesousx on March 01, 2009, 06:39:45 PM
It's E-Arcade Beta 3.

Supposed to work. Here is a part form the package.info [nofollow] file :

<name>E-Arcade</name>

The following is a quote from smfarcade.info [nofollow] refering to SMFArcade Beta 3, but I believe E-arcade versions match the Arcade versions they are based on so hopefully the solution should be similar.

Quote from: Niko
Yes, this is known bug, fixed in Beta 4 (Issue #198)

Fix:

Subs-Arcade.php

Find:

ORDER BY score ' . ($reverse ? 'ASC' : 'DESC'),

Replace with:

ORDER BY score ' . ($reverse ? 'DESC' : 'ASC'),

Otherwise it compares to best core instead of worst

My Subs-arcade is different. However I've tried to change some ASC to DESC next to "Order By Score". Doesn't work :(

AnotherDimension

I can't get this to work with 2.04.beta, the last beta release semi functions but has no games and the latest release says it is not compatible with my board...why is that..?

fwitt

Quote from: AnotherDimension on March 13, 2009, 01:18:48 PM
I can't get this to work with 2.04.beta, the last beta release semi functions but has no games and the latest release says it is not compatible with my board...why is that..?

did you download and install any games? what do you mean by semi functions?

Advertisement: