SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 06, 2009, 10:17:47 AM
ok done

And done correctly, I can't see it now.   :)   And, as to your buddies not being able to see it; same thing.  Go to their membergroups and check the arcade settings so that they can. 

Now... your gamepacks...   I know that you were able to upload gamepack 15 (a small one) with no problems.  What is happening now when you go to Arcade Admin---->  Games and click on the Install tab and try to upload?  Are you getting an error message?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Nameless?

i get only a problem when i upload another gamepack is that the site shows the standard internet error, check if your cable is plugged in and those

Nameless?

no that worked, but i can still not install the gamepacks which size is over 1 MB

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 06, 2009, 10:22:23 AM
i get only a problem when i upload another gamepack is that the site shows the standard internet error, check if your cable is plugged in and those

Hmmm....   that might require a call to your server, then.   

In the meantime (I have to dash for an appointment) try this, just to get some games in your arcade, Nameless.  Unzip the gamepacks on your computer and drag the game folder inside it straight into the Games directory in your forum's root.  Then go to Arcade Admin----> Games----->  Install and see if you see the gamepack's name listed.  If so, check the box next to it and click Install.  It should open up to all the listed games inside.  Proceed and you should get a message that they are installed.

Would you try one while I'm here just to see?   And later, when I'm back, we'll tackle that zip upload issue.

Also remember that going to http://smfarcade.info and clicking on the wiki link at the top will give you tons of information about the arcade, including issues like uploading game zips. 

For gamepacks over 1 MB, I'd call my server and tell them what you read and ask if they can change some setting that will allow you to upload larger files.  It does sound like a server thing.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Nameless?

wow works good :D i uploaded through FTP Thanks once again gbsothere ;-)

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 06, 2009, 10:34:36 AM
wow works good :D i uploaded through FTP Thanks once again gbsothere ;-)

Yay, team.   :D

Nameless?

also does it work to install other games which are not listed on smf arcade info site?

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 06, 2009, 10:37:24 AM
also does it work to install other games which are not listed on smf arcade info site?

Sure!   You wouldn't believe it.    ;)

Tell you what....    I'm going to be gone for a few hours this morning, but when I'm back, I'll PM you some links for games and also a little "how to" about "gamedata folders" which is something you're going to need to learn.  In the meantime, though, do check out that wiki at the arcade site.  It will tell you things like "Where can I get more games" and "how to install a gamedata folder" (which is different from your Games folder). 

Nameless?

was about to install the newest version of smf 2.0 rc1.2 and install the SMF Arcade 2.5 Beta 7

i get these install actions:

Red Actions is marked because they dont got any Action

1.     Extract File     ./Sources/Arcade.php     
   2.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php    
   3.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeArena.php    
   4.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeList.php    
   5.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeMaintenance.php    
   6.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeGame.php    
   7.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeStats.php    
   8.    Extract File    ./Sources/Profile-Arcade.php    
   9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Submit-custom.php    
   10.    Extract File    ./Sources/Submit-ibp.php    
   11.    Extract File    ./Sources/Submit-phpbb.php    
   12.    Extract File    ./Sources/Submit-silver.php    
   13.    Extract File    ./Sources/Submit-v1game.php    
   14.    Extract File    ./Sources/Submit-v2game.php    
   15.    Extract File    ./Sources/Submit-v3arcade.php    
   16.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-Arcade.php    
   17.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php    
   18.    Extract File    ./Sources/ManageGames.php    
   19.    Extract File    ./Sources/SWFReader.php    
   20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Arcade.template.php    
   21.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php    
   22.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeArena.template.php    
   23.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeList.template.php    
   24.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeProfile.template.php    
   25.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeGame.template.php    
   26.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeStats.template.php    
   27.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ManageGames.template.php    
   28.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/css//arcade.css    
   29.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/scripts//arcade.js    
   30.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/scripts//swfobject.js    
   31.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php    
   32.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english.php    
   33.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeEmail.english.php    
   34.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/arena_accept.png    
   35.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/arena_decline.png    
   36.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/favorite.gif    
   37.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/favorite2.gif    
   38.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/star2.gif    
   39.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/gold.gif    
   40.    Extract File    ./arcade.php    
   41.    Extract File    ./ArcadeLicense.txt    
   42.    Extract File    ./newscore.php    
   43.    Create Tree    ./Games    
   44.    Extract File    ./Games/minesweeper.zip    
   45.    Execute Code    arcadeinstall/Database.php    
   46.    Execute Code    arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php    
   47.    Adapt Database    arcadeinstall/install_main.php    

*    48.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./index.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./index.php    Test successful
*    49.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
*    50.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
*    51.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php    Test successful
*    52.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Db-sqlite.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Subs-Db-sqlite.php    Test successful
*    53.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Db-postgresql.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Subs-Db-postgresql.php    Test successful
*    54.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      2.    Add Before    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
*    55.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      3.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      4.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
*    56.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
      2.    Add Before    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
*    57.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Modlog.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Modlog.php    Test successful
      2.    Add Before    ./Sources/Modlog.php    Test successful
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/Modlog.php    Test successful
      4.    Add Before    ./Sources/Modlog.php    Test successful
*    58.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
      2.    Add Before    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
*    59.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
Install in Other Themes

i use SMF 2.0 RC1.2 + Mystic Jade

is it okay to continue and install?

gbsothere

It should be, Nameless, but let me tell you a little about what's going on with RC1.2.  The Package Manager has some issues (and also bugs that have been fixed for 2.0 when it's released).  If this is the first mod you've tried to install with RC1.2, then you may not have encountered anything strange but, basically, the Package Manager has been known to dump the contents of zip files on upload.  You've already uploaded but you may want to just look inside your Packages directory in your forum root to see if you see the zip for the arcade.  Another issue with Package Manager is that, more often than not, it doesn't do the edits to the SMF files that the mod wants parsed.  Asking your server to turn off PHPSafeMode might help.  You can continue with the installation (create a directory called temp inside your packages directory and give 777 permissions if you get a permissions error) but if you can't find any evidence of the arcade after finishing, then open the arcade zip on your computer and drag all the files, images, etc., that the arcade provides to the proper directories and do the manual edits to the SMF files, according to the XML file that came with Beta 7.  You shouldn't have to run any sort of install.php, just upload the files.  Check your database to make sure new tables were created and then see if all things appear as they should in your Admin CP, profile, etc.

Nameless?

it seems advanced :S . its the 7th mod i install ;]

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 13, 2009, 09:35:21 AM
it seems advanced :S . its the 7th mod i install ;]

You're one of the lucky ones.   :)  Once you get it up and running, you might want to visit http://smfarcade.info and go to the Hacks section and download jeza's latest skin for it.  It will change the entire look of the arcade and provide some fun features. 

Nameless?

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 13, 2009, 09:43:45 AM
wow seems awesome.

It's nice, and there's a similar skin for 1.1.10.  They provide scrolling stats, trophies, nice category layout and the new Beta 7 allows for arranging tournaments with others.  Post any questions about skins over on the Hacks board on the SMF site and jeza will be quick to lend a hand.  He's a smart old geezer.

:D

Nameless?

cant i just upload the arcade and install then extract the missing files by FTP ?

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 13, 2009, 10:02:49 AM
cant i just upload the arcade and install then extract the missing files by FTP ?

Yes, that's what I meant earlier when I said that if things didn't appear quite right, to upzip the Arcade zip file on your computer and manually move those Sources and Template files (that Arcade provides) to your forum's Sources and Themes folders.  Also, you may have to manually edit the SMF files that the mod wants to parse.  This isn't Arcade's fault, it's that Package Manager issue.  I had to do this workaround to install it, myself.

Nameless?

hmm, so u mean that i must change stuff like in the arcade.template etc?

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on September 13, 2009, 12:22:38 PM
hmm, so u mean that i must change stuff like in the arcade.template etc?

For the skins?   No, you're fine to leave the arcade as it is.  The skin just makes it a little more fun.  It's installed like any other mod.  You might want to wait until you have the arcade stable and then, if you're interested in adding a skin, I'll pm you some screenshots of the skins I use in my forums.

:)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 31, 2009, 03:23:22 PM
Quote from: gbsothere on August 31, 2009, 07:54:08 AM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 30, 2009, 05:09:48 PM
I see everything,but the edit games option.

NBK, here is someone else who had your issue and was able to resolve it.  This thread is from SMF Arcade's support forum:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4987.msg30998#msg30998
Nope this did not fix it either =[.

I will reinstall it and see if that helps any.

Wow i forgot about this bug lol..

Anyways I reinstalled arcade and I still cannot see that edit games thing :/.

gbsothere

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on September 13, 2009, 08:52:00 PM
Wow i forgot about this bug lol..

Anyways I reinstalled arcade and I still cannot see that edit games thing :/.

Someone else said this on the SMF Arcade site, recently.  I'll do a search over there and see if I can find out how that was resolved.

:)

Advertisement: