News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

ok so after they are set to 777 I try to install the arcade again right ...at which point do I run arcade.sql or what ever that file is or do I have to run it first ???

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 08, 2005, 09:51:48 PM
ok so after they are set to 777 I try to install the arcade again right ...at which point do I run arcade.sql or what ever that file is or do I have to run it first ???

Change your theme to the SMF Default theme and then click on the button in the navigation bar that says "Arcade".  Once you do that, it runs what needs to be run.  Upon doing that, delete the arcade.sql file from the root directory of your forums.  Now when you click on the Arcade link, it should take you to the main Arcade page.

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

here is a screen shot of the package manager.... does this help. this is were I`m stuck. I chmod the files and press the proceed button and it brings me back to here.

dtm.exe

Please create an Administrator account for me and PM me the username and password and I'll see what I can do.

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

Well thats a very nice offer ....that makes me a bit nervous doing that to tell you the truth...I am sorry. I think I would have to go into cpanel in order to do this right I cant see how you are going to do anything with an admin account on my board that I haven`t already done ...I know I`m new to this but there doesnt seem to be any options in the admin panel other than the ones I have used already ...

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 08, 2005, 10:40:37 PM
Well thats a very nice offer ....that makes me a bit nervous doing that to tell you the truth...I am sorry. I think I would have to go into cpanel in order to do this right I cant see how you are going to do anything with an admin account on my board that I haven`t already done ...I know I`m new to this but there doesnt seem to be any options in the admin panel other than the ones I have used already ...

That's fine.  I completely understand.  Your choice.

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

I still do need help though ...and I `m not trying to be rude to you. I have just got this board up and running after some server downtime on my host ...everything is fixed now on the host server and I`m just a bit anxious to get things rolling. I am a mod on my hosting site so if anything needs doing I`m sure I can do it ...I have just never played with smf before ...and again I`m sorry about that ...is there away you can still help ??

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 08, 2005, 10:50:13 PM
I still do need help though ...and I `m not trying to be rude to you. I have just got this board up and running after some server downtime on my host ...everything is fixed now on the host server and I`m just a bit anxious to get things rolling. I am a mod on my hosting site so if anything needs doing I`m sure I can do it ...I have just never played with smf before ...and again I`m sorry about that ...is there away you can still help ??

No, seriously, It's fine :).  I'm sorry but I am completely stumped :-\.  Niko, however, may have a fix for the problem you're having though.

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

Thats nuts ...my first time in here and that happens ....wow man  :'(

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 08, 2005, 10:56:25 PM
Thats nuts ...my first time in here and that happens ....wow man  :'(

It's OK.  I've only seen this happen one other time.

-Dan The Man

Aravot

Just ignore G-RIDER must be a looser.

Bigguy, there is nothing to worry about you can always change the password.

Bigguy

It would be nice to get this installed. I have tried a couple times, but get the same thing ...no real error messages or anything it just doesnt do anything

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bigguy on May 08, 2005, 11:03:39 PM
It would be nice to get this installed. I have tried a couple times, but get the same thing ...no real error messages or anything it just doesnt do anything

That's really wierd.  I don't suppose that you're installing an older version of the arcade, are you?

-Dan The Man

Bigguy

well guys ...no offence but I`ll be back when this guy is gone ....someone can pm me here when this matter is taken care of ...thanks

Douglas

G-RIDER, freedom of speach only applies to publicly owned places, not privately owned sites.  And you know, you illiterate twit, you would have been taken more seriously if you knew how to spell and use proper grammar and punctuation.

Moron.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

dtm.exe

Quote from: Douglas on May 08, 2005, 11:12:48 PM
G-RIDER, freedom of speach only applies to publicly owned places, not privately owned sites.  And you know, you illiterate twit, you would have been taken more seriously if you knew how to spell and use proper grammar and punctuation.

Moron.

Thank God...a Moderator is finally here.  Thank you.

-Dan The Man

Douglas

Slapped him down, for now.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Bigguy

ok is there any help for this problem now that he`s gone

Bigguy

ok ...Hey guys I got it installed .....but I get this error .....now what do I do

QuoteTable 'bigguy_smf1.smf_games_caterogy' doesn't exist
File: /home/bigguy/public_html/smf/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 169

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

niko

you need to run arcade_sql.php
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Advertisement: