News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANDIONO.COM

I often got this error log :

8: Undefined variable: game
File: /home/xxx/public_html/Sources/Display.php
Line: 554

8: Undefined variable: i
File: /home/xxx/public_html/Sources/Display.php
Line: 551

how can i fix it?

Col

This has been talked about a lot over the past few weeks. I removed the the bad code (it generates the display of members championshhip sataus for any particular game under their avatar), as I don't need that function anyway. Fixes have been posted too. Look back over the past month or so.

Jay T

I have everything working fine but what would cause these error logs?

8: Undefined index: arcade
File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (eval?)
Line: 466

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/helios_multi11/languages/Arcade.english.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/Profile.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/helios_multi11/MessageIndex.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/Post.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/legends/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php (eval?)

MULITRI

I've installed correctly the Arcade Mod, but i need to add the button to the index template, i saw a Member already asked for that but seems nobody has replied him
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg167921#msg167921

I've tried to find the answer via Search function but seems has been disabled, i've been reading almost 30 pages in this thread and is a big pain and waste of time.

Please, could someone tell me the code to add the Arcade button?

Thanks in advance

Jay T

Quote from: MULITRI on September 11, 2005, 08:23:14 AM
I've installed correctly the Arcade Mod, but i need to add the button to the index template, i saw a Member already asked for that but seems nobody has replied him
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg167921#msg167921

I've tried to find the answer via Search function but seems has been disabled, i've been reading almost 30 pages in this thread and is a big pain and waste of time.

Please, could someone tell me the code to add the Arcade button?

Thanks in advance

If you added this manually then follow the directions. It will add it to the default theme. If you are using a different them then add all the theme codes for the one you are using.

If you added with the package manager then it should all be working fine in the default them. Again you will need to edit the theme codes for the theme you are using.

chaking

niko

check that you have uploaded all lang. files
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Jay T

Quote from: Jay T on September 10, 2005, 11:27:40 PM
I have everything working fine but what would cause these error logs?

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/helios_multi11/languages/Arcade.english.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/Profile.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/helios_multi11/MessageIndex.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Themes/default/Post.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/legends/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php (eval?)

Niko any idea on this?

niko

i will chek when i get my computer fully working... 466 is line probably in Arcade.php/Arcade2.php :/
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

skoozee

is this mod worth installing ?
by the looks of previous posts lots of peopel are having problems with it.

i just dont want to install it and have problems as ive just got my forum running :)

htmlmaster

I'm having some problems too, my members can't play! I tried to fix this by editing the permissions, however, the mod messed them up, apparently its missing a comma at line 991 or something. Could you help me out?

DemonicInfluence

Quote from: htmlmaster on September 14, 2005, 09:37:37 PM
I'm having some problems too, my members can't play! I tried to fix this by editing the permissions, however, the mod messed them up, apparently its missing a comma at line 991 or something. Could you help me out?
manually edit the file...dl the fresh copy.

redone

If your running SMF1.05 you can install from the package manager with no problems. It generally installs out of the box providing you do not have other mod's installed.

If all else fails simply follow the instructions provided in the arcade.xml or arcade2.xml if your running SMF1.1.

By reading the readme.html and the arcade.xml file you can install it with no problems.

Regarding the permissions issue. It's a common problem to not edit the ManagePermissions.php file correctly. The changes in your file should look like this:

'arcade' => array(
            'view_arcade' => false,
            'play_arcade' => false,
            'submit_score' => false,
            'challenge_send' => false,
            'challenge_view' => false,
            'admin_arcade' => false,
         ),

Jay T

Quote from: Niko on September 14, 2005, 08:58:38 AM
i will chek when i get my computer fully working... 466 is line probably in Arcade.php/Arcade2.php :/

Thank You

chaking

I've manually installed the arcade mod in my smf 1.1 b3 installation... I've done it 4 times now... Every time I seem to end up with this same error...

8: Undefined variable: game
File: Sources/Display.php
Line: 675

the good news is that it is considerably less errors than before, but this one keeps popping up... any ideas?

if(file_exists($modSettings['arcade_games_dir']."/".$game['game'].".".$ex)){
/\ that's the line the error is referencing

I just looked over my error log, and it looks like 1 more error is popping up sometimes too:
8: Undefined variable: i
File: Sources/Display.php
Line: 672

$context['arcade']['games'][$i]['thumbnail'] = ""; // No thumbnail for default

/\ that's line 672

SeaOfSin

I'm using Arcade 1.2.3 and have a problem with the search.  I have mambo as well. When someone clicks on search it goes back to the main page

eg

instead of doing this

http://www.revolutionsorphans.com/community/index.php?action=arcade&name=&order=0&order2=DESC&search=Search

I get this

http://www.revolutionsorphans.com/index.php?action=arcade&name=&order=0&order2=DESC&search=Search

Now I don't know if mambo is the cause or not, but it seems like the address is correct.  Everything else seems fine.

Help!! :)

johnm

chaking.

to sort out both of your problems change this

/* Arcade thingy */
$arcade_champ = array();
$req = db_query("SELECT * FROM {$db_prefix}games_champ,{$db_prefix}games WHERE {$db_prefix}games_champ.game={$db_prefix}games.game LIMIT 0,{$modSettings['arcade_champions_in_post']}",__FILE__,__LINE__);
while ($rivi = mysql_fetch_assoc($req))
{
$ext = array('gif','GIF','png','PNG','jpg','JPG',); // Extensions to look for

foreach($ext as $ex){
if(file_exists($modSettings['arcade_games_dir']."/".$game['game'].".".$ex)){
$context['arcade']['games'][$i]['thumbnail'] = $modSettings['arcade_games_url']."/".$game['game'].".".$ex;
break;
}
}

}
loadLanguage('Arcade'); // We need strings from Arcade language file
$context['arcade']['champions'] = $arcade_champ;

to this

/* Arcade thingy */
$arcade_champ = array();
$req = db_query("SELECT * FROM {$db_prefix}games_champ,{$db_prefix}games WHERE {$db_prefix}games_champ.game={$db_prefix}games.game LIMIT 0,{$modSettings['arcade_champions_in_post']}",__FILE__,__LINE__);
$i = 0;
while ($rivi = mysql_fetch_assoc($req))
{
$ext = array('gif','GIF','png','PNG','jpg','JPG',); // Extensions to look for

foreach($ext as $ex){
if(file_exists($modSettings['arcade_games_dir']."/".$rivi['game'].".".$ex)){
$context['arcade']['games'][$i]['thumbnail'] = $modSettings['arcade_games_url']."/".$rivi['game'].".".$ex;
break;
}
}
$i++;
}
loadLanguage('Arcade'); // We need strings from Arcade language file
$context['arcade']['champions'] = $arcade_champ;

chaking did your champion icons work with the code you had in display.php (before you update with the one above) if they did plaease change $rivi['game'] to $game['game'] in the code i posted above

John

Ray™

I just installed Acade 1.2.3 and when I go to the Edit Permissions page in the admin I get a blank page and can not see anything? I know it is something simple- any help thanks

this is what I am using
Pictures On DVD (POD) | Powered by SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
TinyPortal v.0.7.2b by Bloc

EDIT: I fixed it -- recopied a back up them did the changes myself -- all is good thanks
arcade-Only (over 800 Games)
http://www.arcade-only.com
Hand Made Ceramics
http://cbr.rranderson.com

chaking

Hey thanks a lot johnm... seems to be working so far.. of course nobody has challenged anyone yet, so we will see... If you are still arond can yuo tell me what icon and where it is supposed to appear? I had initially replaced $rivi with $game and was still getting errors... but when I switched back it was gone... so hopefully that was it... we'll see...

thanks again man

Ray™

Hey Chaking the same thing happen to me and I change the settings and my errors are gone also- not sure what that did but hey it seems to work
arcade-Only (over 800 Games)
http://www.arcade-only.com
Hand Made Ceramics
http://cbr.rranderson.com

Advertisement: