SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisah746

Nope it didn't work  :(  Thankx for trying to help. Does anyone have any ideas for doing anything else?

snork13

Quote from: Lisah746 on October 07, 2005, 01:34:31 PM
Nope it didn't work  :(  Thankx for trying to help. Does anyone have any ideas for doing anything else?

if you have phpadmin, check the database and see if the table are made...try running the query from within phpadmin...

-snork
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Uzbekistan

I actually didn't install it again after upgrading to RC1 from Beta 3. I just updated the templates and integrated into forum, without touching database.

niko

You need probably to edit index.php

find
      'admin' => array('Admin.php', 'Admin'),
and add these after it
      'arcade' => array('Arcade.php','Arcade'),
      'arcadeadmin' => array('ArcadeAdmin.php', 'ArcadeAdmin'),
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Lisah746

Quote from: Niko on October 07, 2005, 05:39:23 PM

You need probably to edit index.php

find
      'admin' => array('Admin.php', 'Admin'),
and add these after it
      'arcade' => array('Arcade.php','Arcade'),
      'arcadeadmin' => array('ArcadeAdmin.php', 'ArcadeAdmin'),

That did it! Thank-You so much!

greyknight17

Finally had enough courage to try getting SMF Arcade back but ran into some problems.  I'm using SMF 1.1 Beta 3.  Got errors about not finding a database ..._games_category, but I went into phpMyAdmin and think I got it corrected.  It was a misspelling of caterogy instead of category.  I got that fixed up and ran arcade_sql.php and got this error now:
QuoteSMF Arcade Install & Update tool
Install
Checking database differences
Connected and Selected Database
Finding tables... 87 tables in database

Query ALTER TABLE yabbse_games ADD COLUMN `category` int(11) NOT NULL Failed
Duplicate column name 'category'

Updating champions table
All queries done, there were 1 errors
Funny thing is that my arcade seems to work now.  I checked and see that I don't have 87 tables...I have 94 right now.  Is everything ok?  How do I correct that one error above?

EDIT:Also why aren't my images showing up next to the games?  They all have an X next to them.  The images are in the same folder as the games.  I have left them there since the last time I lost the SMF Arcade mod due to the forum upgrade I did.  Games seem to work though, just no images next to the list of games.

I also noticed something else.  In my admin settings (game settings), I see version 1.2.2, but in the games section (where the list of games are), I see version 1.2.3...minor error?

rider

try to reinstall the gif images for the games and see if that works.As for that error I think what I did was deleted that table and uninstalled the arcade and then reinstalled it.Also if the category error comes back try to run the arcade_sql.php twice and see if that all works.hope this helps

Gargoyle

I couldn't even run the sql file so don't feel to bad... LOL!!!

greyknight17

Thanks for the reply rider.

When you say reinstall, do you want me to delete the games and then go back to installing them again?  Tried it with one of the games ... didn't seem to work  :(

Fixed that single error though by running arcade_sql.php again  :)  No need to delete the table then if the error is fixed right?

Yeah, had that problem too Gargoyle...I think it was for different version though when I did it a while back.  Are you using compatible versions?  I know compatibility for SMF 1.1RC1 is still not ready yet.

rider

Quote from: greyknight17 on October 09, 2005, 07:48:21 PM
Thanks for the reply rider.

When you say reinstall, do you want me to delete the games and then go back to installing them again?  Tried it with one of the games ... didn't seem to work  :(

Fixed that single error though by running arcade_sql.php again  :)  No need to delete the table then if the error is fixed right?

Yeah, had that problem too Gargoyle...I think it was for different version though when I did it a while back.  Are you using compatible versions?  I know compatibility for SMF 1.1RC1 is still not ready yet.
I meant to uninstall the arcade but you don't have to cause you fixed the error.Did you try to upload the gif images for the games only?Try that in the past it has worked.As for it working in 1.1 rc1 if you look up a few posts back someone had a problem and it was fixed.The answer is on the this page.

rider

Quote from: Gargoyle on October 09, 2005, 07:40:02 PM
I couldn't even run the sql file so don't feel to bad... LOL!!!

What happened when you ran it?

Gargoyle

white page of death... Basically nothing happened....

I was trying to follow some directions on the snmarcade forum to get it to work with 1.1RC1 and all it did was mess up the forums and not work... LOL!!

I guess I should just wait for the 1.1 RC1 version to be completed.

greyknight17

Quote from: riderDid you try to upload the gif images for the games only?
Should I delete the gif images I have in the Games folder and reupload them then?  I have these images with the games already when I was using SMF 1.0.5, but since the upgrade to 1.1b3 killed the MOD a while back, I just left the folder with the games there.

steve in houston

I am having problems finding games to download.
The links mentioned earlier in this thread by Niko are not
working anymore.

Where else can I find some games?

rider

Quote from: Stucknut on October 09, 2005, 11:50:30 PM
I am having problems finding games to download.
The links mentioned earlier in this thread by Niko are not
working anymore.

Where else can I find some games?
You can try this link here its working....http://smfarcade.arcade.web.com/

rider

Quote from: greyknight17 on October 09, 2005, 10:48:44 PM
Quote from: riderDid you try to upload the gif images for the games only?
Should I delete the gif images I have in the Games folder and reupload them then?  I have these images with the games already when I was using SMF 1.0.5, but since the upgrade to 1.1b3 killed the MOD a while back, I just left the folder with the games there.
You shouldn't have to delete them.Just copy over and see if that works.If not then delete one and replace it.

rider

Here's another link to the arcade site   http://smfarcade.arcade.web.com/

steve in houston

It's back up now.
Thanks.

rider

NP.Glad to help.If you have any problems post back here or at the arcade site and someone will help you.

steve in houston

Is this possible?

I found some good games at http://www.infowire.org/forums/arcade/ that I want to put on my site.  The games upload and play fine, but it sends different variables out when score is submitted.  Is there a way to intercept those variables and add them to the database?

zizzochallenge.swf is what I tested.  I love that game. If anyone knows how to use the GameRival games with SMF, please let me know.

thanks

Advertisement: