News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray™

ArkServer ,

how did you fix your problem?
arcade-Only (over 800 Games)
http://www.arcade-only.com
Hand Made Ceramics
http://cbr.rranderson.com

Mystical

Quote from: PitViper on December 04, 2005, 07:40:34 AM

Could you post how you fixed this.  I am using the package installer as well and I am stuck with the same error.

Bigguy

have you created the games folder on your server and chmodded it properly ???

JYM

I have the same problem.

If you try to chmod the temp folder, it won't let you..it will always go back to 755.  So...now i'm trying to find the file where it defines the games directory, so i can change it..

ArkServer

Quote from: PitViper on December 04, 2005, 11:31:54 AM
Scratch that support request :) Managed to fix the bug.

As far as it not working in Firefox...I use firefox and it works just fine for me

Even with ff1.5?

niko

It works with Firefox 1.5 at least for me... and with Opera...
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

niko

Worked for me. Do you have macromedia flash installed to firefox...
you may have only it installed to ie only
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)

Elmacik

Quote from: Niko on December 02, 2005, 11:08:11 AM
1.2.4b is now avaible... uploading Sources directory will be enough

Neither in 1.2.4 nor in 1.2.4b, there arent any permissions to set.
Here are other errors:
1- Subs.php fails on test even its newly extracted from SMF setup package.
2- There comes two empty lines under profile (Admin -> Permissions -> Any group -> Under profile)
3- Members cannot access to Admin whether if that two empty lines are selected or not.
4- There are many other errors in error log. The reason is, you spesified paths in setup package like:
"Themes/default/..."
SMF wont understand it. You must use the defined indexes like: $themedir, $boarddir or else.

The reason of the first-second errors is the forth. Shortly, neither 1.2.4 nor 1.2.4b installs correct.
(You will see if you look at your error log after installation.)

Another suggestion: Users must run arcade_install.php to run the arcade mod properly.
You can do this automatically and that way, users wont need to run that file.
Just add a line like this into package-info.xml  :
<code>arcade_install.php</code>

--You need to add this line into <install> </install> tags..

All these are urgent. Please apply!
Cheers and thanks again.
Home of Elmacik

niko

The Package Manager is buggy and thus i havent (yet) updated.... it works with 1.0.5 howeover...

3- Members cannot access to Admin whether if that two empty lines are selected or not. - You have sometihng missing from Modification.enlglish.php.

4- There are many other errors in error log. The reason is, you spesified paths in setup package like:
"Themes/default/..."
SMF wont understand it. You must use the defined indexes like: $themedir, $boarddir or else.

Another suggestion: Users must run arcade_install.php to run the arcade mod properly.
You can do this automatically and that way, users wont need to run that file.
Just add a line like this into package-info.xml  :
<code>arcade_install.php</code>

arcade_install.php were partly interactive at first thus it isnt there...

Thanks, will fix these :)

Elmacik

Quote from: Niko
3- Members cannot access to Admin whether if that two empty lines are selected or not. - You have sometihng missing from Modification.enlglish.php.

I didnt say they cant access admin :P They cant access arcade. (not allowed)
And, I have nothing missing from Modification.english.php Becase I can see everything is there.
Even though you are right and I have something missing from Modifications.english.php, it still should allow members to access the arcade as I have checked the permission boxes)
Moreover, I am talking about SMF 1.1 RC1 (ofcouse I know about its bugs but the erros I pointed above are not related with the bugs.
You should update arcade2.xml and package-info.xml urgently.
Home of Elmacik

niko

Quote from: Elmacik on December 05, 2005, 06:12:25 PM
Quote from: Niko

I didnt say they cant access admin :P They cant access arcade. (not allowed)
And, I have nothing missing from Modification.english.php Becase I can see everything is there.
Even though you are right and I have something missing from Modifications.english.php, it still should allow members to access the arcade as I have checked the permission boxes)
Moreover, I am talking about SMF 1.1 RC1 (ofcouse I know about its bugs but the erros I pointed above are not related with the bugs.
You should update arcade2.xml and package-info.xml urgently.

I will update but you need to give them  Arcade view and play and submit permission to make rcade work (challenge and tourament is highly recormended)

Elmacik

Niko,
The file of Modifications.english.php already contains what you say. But they dont appear in permissions. Just 2 empty lines. Try with SMF 1.1 RC1
And checking them wont make it allow users into Arcade.
Home of Elmacik

ArkServer

Quote from: Niko on December 05, 2005, 05:45:50 PM
Worked for me. Do you have macromedia flash installed to firefox...
you may have only it installed to ie only

Guess my FF is bugged :/

ASi ve MAVi

hi !

I'm set to  smf arcade my forum

and I'm set to my mysql

but

I wasn't load game

How  I'm to doing ?

* My forum circulation = 1.1Rc1

* I don't know English Speak,too 

Elvyn

PitViper , how did you fix that error message?

Elvyn

ASi ve MAVi

no no

I'm not taking error message

but

I wasn't load game ,too

Elmacik

ASi ve MAVi,
Elvyn isnt talking about you ;)

Senin hakkında konuşmuyor. Başka birine hatayı nasıl çözdün diyor.
Home of Elmacik

mrandall131

I hate to ask it, because you guys are doing an awsome job, but are that other games that will work with this mod?  I know you can use any flash games, but I would like the high score feature to work too.

verbalkent

Hi, I have manualy added the game mod to my 1.0.5 version of SMF. I see the admin panel, have the buttons, but when I select games to install, and clik "Install selected" it returns to the main game admin page and no games are installed,

I extracted the contents of the game packs to the "Games" root, so there are only files, no folders, and the game admin page see's the games, just doesnt instrall, i ran the install file from "forums/arcade_install.php"

what am i doing wrong? the "Games" folder is chmod'd to 755

**Edit** I got it to install a game MANUALY, (I didnt upload the "getid3" folder.. silly me) But it still doesnt allow to install using the check box and "Install Selected"

But, the flash game i have installed does not load... hxxp:www.thedrunkgeek.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=27& [nonactive]

I tried to acces my board without the joomla wrapper, same results...

hxxp:www.thedrunkgeek.com/forums [nonactive]

Also, I am using 1.0.5, the mod I downloaded did not have a "arcade_sql.php" file, is this needed? if so, where can I find it for the version im using?

SMFArcade_111.2.4
SMF 1.0.5

Test Login.
test
test

thx

Advertisement: