All forum admins should look: SMF 2.0 iPhone and iPod Touch Theme (NOW FREE!)

Started by farfromperfection, March 10, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragooon

Its missing the help button(helptopics.gif), as well as the admin menu doesn't appear. It is also missing the admin_menu template. And the child boards are still a but messed up(It now shows the child boards on index as normal boards, but when clicked "Show child boards" it shows another copy of Main boards as child boards).

It is a very awesome effort you have made, a few issues and it'll be perfect for iPhone/iPod users.

About your SMF unzipping issue, I was experiencing the same, I unzipped it on my computer and re-zipped it. Now it was fine. And theme-info.xml doesn't need to have the name same as the file, it can very well be different.

farfromperfection

Quote from: Dragooon on March 20, 2009, 02:58:23 AM
Its missing the help button(helptopics.gif), as well as the admin menu doesn't appear. It is also missing the admin_menu template. And the child boards are still a but messed up(It now shows the child boards on index as normal boards, but when clicked "Show child boards" it shows another copy of Main boards as child boards).

It is a very awesome effort you have made, a few issues and it'll be perfect for iPhone/iPod users.

About your SMF unzipping issue, I was experiencing the same, I unzipped it on my computer and re-zipped it. Now it was fine. And theme-info.xml doesn't need to have the name same as the file, it can very well be different.
Well the help buttons and admin template aren't used in the theme. the theme isn't made for administrating the forum.

Dragooon

Well yes but you did remove most of the code from GenericMenu.template.php. Would it be possible to have a simplified version of that? Enough that an iPhone/iPod can handle, because in future they'll be used in more than just ACP/MCP, like Profile, PMs, Help section etc? And I believe the admin_login template is in Login.template.php

farfromperfection

GenericMenu is already used in profile and some of that stuff. But the sidebar isnt needed for this theme. Nobody needs to edit their profile that badly on an iPhone!
This theme allows you to easily do the things that 99% of members do 99% of the time, on an iPhone.

Antechinus

I agree. Keep it simple. It's wonderfully lightweight as it is. I wouldn't have believed a theme for anything could be made that small.

altivec

There no picture in IMG folder on the 0.6 version

farfromperfection

altivec

Thanks! You have done a amazing job!

Also where do i need to put this in the load.php.... can't get it to work on 2.0 rc1:
   if(strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],'iPhone'))
         $user_info['theme'] = 8;
   if(strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],'iPod'))
         $user_info['theme'] = 8;

altivec

Up to now little thing for version 1.0 i would suggest i'll try to do some mods and give you the code.

- Image resize... have a try u'll see what i mean ;)
- URL stay on one line and are off the layout since they are too long.

farfromperfection

Quote from: altivec on March 20, 2009, 06:15:27 PM
Up to now little thing for version 1.0 i would suggest i'll try to do some mods and give you the code.

- Image resize... have a try u'll see what i mean ;)
- URL stay on one line and are off the layout since they are too long.
Oooh yes. You mean image resizing in posts right? I'll add that. And the URL thing.

altivec

Sorry for repost but could u help me on that part ?
Made different try but nothing worked.

Also where do i need to put this in the load.php.... can't get it to work on 2.0 rc1:
         $user_info['theme'] = 8;
         $user_info['theme'] = 8;

farfromperfection

Quote from: altivec on March 20, 2009, 08:14:26 PM
Sorry for repost but could u help me on that part ?
Made different try but nothing worked.

$user_info['theme'] = 8;
         $user_info['theme'] = 8;

Okay first make sure that the theme id is actually 8.

Then search for
'theme' => empty($user_settings['id_theme']) ? 0 : $user_settings['id_theme'],

and replace with

'theme' => (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPhone') !== false || strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPod') !== false ? 8 : (empty($user_settings['id_theme']) ? 0 : $user_settings['id_theme'])),

altivec

My theme ID is really 8.

Still can't get it to work.... tried on my account (admin) and on guest.

Dragooon

Load.php
Find this
// The theme was specified by parameter.
if (!empty($ID_THEME))
$ID_THEME = (int) $ID_THEME;
// Use the board's specific theme.

Replace with
// The theme was specified by parameter.
if (!empty($ID_THEME))
$ID_THEME = (int) $ID_THEME;
elseif (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPhone') || strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPod'))
$ID_THEME = 8;
// Use the board's specific theme.

Leemy

Leemy

KahneFan

#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Advertisement: