News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Dynamic Memberlist 3.0

Started by Antechinus, March 19, 2009, 11:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibby

Have you also tried this for the buddies listing page ?

Does anyone know if it can be done - thanks for the great mod  :D

Gibby

SgtMic

How do I get this to add more members so that the rows are even?

There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Antechinus

Convince more people to join your forum.

Antechinus

Quote from: gibby on April 04, 2009, 03:25:55 AM
Have you also tried this for the buddies listing page ?

Does anyone know if it can be done - thanks for the great mod  :D

Gibby
Mate, I don't even know what the buddies listing page is.  :D  Enlighten me and I might take a look at it when I get time.

SgtMic

Quote from: Antechinus on April 05, 2009, 01:30:08 AM
Convince more people to join your forum.

There are 17 pages of members.
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Antechinus

Ok, change the screen resolution then.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Antechinus on April 05, 2009, 01:35:33 AM
Mate, I don't even know what the buddies listing page is.  :D  Enlighten me and I might take a look at it when I get time.

Gawd, you ARE a retard :P
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=buddies

* Jade runs :P
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Antechinus

Oh that. Never bothered using it. Probably can be done easily enough with much the same code.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Antechinus on April 05, 2009, 01:56:14 AM
Oh that. Never bothered using it. Probably can be done easily enough with much the same code.

;D

Love your mod by the way, it rocks :D
* Jade hugs Ant
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

SgtMic

How or can this be modded to work with custom fields on memberlist mod?

The mod needs to change this in the memberlist.template.php
Your version of the php no longer has this.
Find:
  echo ' </tr>'; } } // No members? 

Replace:
  // Any custom fields to show? if (!empty($context['custom_profile_fields']['columns'])) { foreach ($context['custom_profile_fields']['columns'] as $key => $column) echo ' <td class="windowbg" align="left">', $member['options'][substr($key, 5)], '</td>'; } echo ' </tr>'; } } // No members? 
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Antechinus

No idea at the moment. Haven't looked at it yet.

gibby

Jade - Thanks...

I hope that it can be done - it would look great if it could be  :D

Thanks

Gibby

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: gibby on April 05, 2009, 09:18:12 PM
Jade - Thanks...

I hope that it can be done - it would look great if it could be  :D

Thanks

Gibby

Yeah, but Ant wouldnt get a chance to use it cause he doesnt have any friends ;)

(Kidding, I'm Ants friend :P)

Antechinus

Pfft. Not any more you aren't. :P

Jade Elizabeth

LadyC

just jumping in to say i, too, would love to be able to add a custom field in the memberlist! (i mean, i can already sort by the custom field, but i'd like it to display.)

Antechinus

Ok, I have a question: why is this my problem? :D  I mean it could just as well be the problem of the guy who made the custom fields mod. He should figure out how to integrate it with my mod, yes?

Where do you want it to display? In the member blocks? That can be done but there are some catches. For a start the image backgrounds are a fixed size, so adding more fields may mean making a bigger image every time you add another field, depending on how much space the new field takes up. I could recode it so the images resized vertically as new fields were added, but frankly I'm not in a big hurry to do that at the moment as there are some complications and I have other projects on the go.

If it can be done without dynamically resizing the image then that's pretty easy. If you are going to need a bigger image you'll need to make one (which isn't hard) and adjust the css, which isn't hard either.

Quote from: SgtMic on April 05, 2009, 01:20:27 AMHow do I get this to add more members so that the rows are even?
Ok, I'll give you a serious answer to this one. At the moment this mod is clean css that works in all browsers. To do what you want it to do would mean incorporating javascript to sniff the screen resolution, or more specifically to sniff the available width in case someone is not running the window at full screen width. The reason this would be necessary is because the number of blocks per row is going to vary according to available width. This can be done but getting it working in all browsers can be a bit of a pain.  It will also slow up the execution of the code. I don't see it as a priority and think it would be more trouble than it is worth because it'll mean a lot more work for me for an utterly trivial benefit, if it can even be called a benefit at all.

Jade Elizabeth

Can I has custom fields on SMF 2.0 then? ;D

LadyC

Quote from: Antechinus on April 06, 2009, 05:35:20 PM

Where do you want it to display? In the member blocks? That can be done but there are some catches.

If it can be done without dynamically resizing the image then that's pretty easy. If you are going to need a bigger image you'll need to make one (which isn't hard) and adjust the css, which isn't hard either.

thanks antechinus, i'd very much like the information on how to do it... i don't think resizing the image or adjusting the css will be necessary for the field i'd like to include in the member block. so since you said that should be pretty easy, i think i can handle it if you can tell me what bit of code to add to which file!

Antechinus

Umm, I don't know which field you want to call. If it's already been added in admin then the arrays should be sorted, which means you just need to add the right code to the template in with the rest of it. What exactly are you trying to add?

Advertisement: