News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Reply Button In Every Post

Started by Joe N, April 08, 2009, 01:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4G-TK

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 22, 2010, 12:33:15 PM
Quote from: ABCDiamond on January 22, 2010, 06:41:18 AM
I have just tried to install this on a new install of SMF 2.0 RC2

The error message I get is:
Quote1.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Add Before   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test successful
   2.   Add Before   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed

Packages installed are:
1.   FantasticSmileys    1.0 
2.   Ad Managment    2.3.6.1 
3.   Reply Button in All Posts    1.1   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   EzPortal    0.3.4     
5.   Floating Bar Mod Language Pack    1.1.3     
6.   Karma Description Mod    2.6.3     
7.   Pretty URLs    1.0RC 

Any ideas on what I need to do.

Thanks
Install manually in the Display.template.php

How can you install it in Display.template when the code does not exist in RC2?
I'll check, but I even looked at a fresh file of RC2's Display.template and can't find that edit anywhere to make it work.

Quote from: C4G-TK on December 13, 2009, 02:54:53 AM
Same thing with me as well.  There's only two edits for this mod.  The first edit DOES work in RC2.  The 2nd edit DOES NOT work in RC2.  I tried searching with just partial code to find the eidt and still can't find anything.

I think this mod may have accidentally been checked to say it worked without anyone checking to make sure the code was still present.

-img removed-

linette97

Quote from: C4G-TK on January 22, 2010, 01:46:21 PM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 22, 2010, 12:33:15 PM
Quote from: ABCDiamond on January 22, 2010, 06:41:18 AM
I have just tried to install this on a new install of SMF 2.0 RC2

The error message I get is:
Quote1.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Add Before   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test successful
   2.   Add Before   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed

Packages installed are:
1.   FantasticSmileys    1.0 
2.   Ad Managment    2.3.6.1 
3.   Reply Button in All Posts    1.1   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   EzPortal    0.3.4     
5.   Floating Bar Mod Language Pack    1.1.3     
6.   Karma Description Mod    2.6.3     
7.   Pretty URLs    1.0RC 

Any ideas on what I need to do.

Thanks
Install manually in the Display.template.php

How can you install it in Display.template when the code does not exist in RC2?
I'll check, but I even looked at a fresh file of RC2's Display.template and can't find that edit anywhere to make it work.

Quote from: C4G-TK on December 13, 2009, 02:54:53 AM
Same thing with me as well.  There's only two edits for this mod.  The first edit DOES work in RC2.  The 2nd edit DOES NOT work in RC2.  I tried searching with just partial code to find the eidt and still can't find anything.

I think this mod may have accidentally been checked to say it worked without anyone checking to make sure the code was still present.

Same exact deal happened to me! The 2nd edit DOES NOT work in RC2. Can we get help please ;D
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

72 454

Any new news on the Curve issue?
SMF 2.0.11

Sakae

http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

SgtMic

How did this mod ever get approved to work with 2.0 RC2??
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

KahneFan

Mods are only approved once, then it's up to the mod author to list the compatibility.

Joe, if you are not able to support this mod, would you allow it to be taken over?
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Joker™

cant anyone remove that compatible with RC2 thing

as it is creating a lot of confusion throughout the members

So my request is that till it is really functional with RC2 plz remove the stamp that says its compatible with RC2 ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

KahneFan

Quote from: xnathansxdadx on February 04, 2010, 07:37:10 AM
QuoteJoe, if you are not able to support this mod, would you allow it to be taken over?

Sorry I couldn't help.

I am not good with smf 2x

I think this clearly outlines that he cannot support it, does it not?

I was quite bluntly told yesterday that because it says so it must be true.

Which is why I've asked Joe to allow someone to take this mod over. I do not have the time to support this mod, which is why I offered it to be taken over. However, if those who have taken over my mods do not have time to support them, I ask that they allow them to be taken over by someone who might. I ask this so that my mods (and all mods) can continue to grow if the original authors can not continue.

Joker™

i made the modifications myself n its working all fine on my forum .... i've RC2

if im allowed can i post codes for others here :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

~DS~

Quote from: sid2varun on February 04, 2010, 09:03:13 AM
i made the modifications myself n its working all fine on my forum .... i've RC2

if im allowed can i post codes for others here :)
You are allowed as long as you don't upload the modified mod.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Joker™

kk ...so here we go

/themes/default/Display.template.php

Find:

// Can they reply? Have they turned on quick reply?

if ($context['can_reply'] && !empty($options['display_quick_reply']))
         echo '
                           <li class="quote_button"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;quote=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';num_replies=', $context['num_replies'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], '" onclick="return oQuickReply.quote(', $message['id'], ', \'', $context['session_id'], '\', \'', $context['session_var'], '\', true);">', $txt['quote'], '</a></li>';

Add before:

// Simple Reply Button
               echo '
                                   <li class="reply_button"><a href="', $scripturl . '?action=post;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';num_replies=' . $context['num_replies'], '">', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

Find:
            echo '
                              <li class="quote_button"><a>', $txt['quote'], '</a></li>';

Add before:
// Simple Reply Button
            echo '
                              <li class="reply_button"><a>', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

n see urself ;)

Note:The codes in <li> tags are different look carefully , as most users thinking i wrote same code twice here.They both are 2 different codes in the template file.

If mod author wants he can make mod package of this , i dont have problem :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

~DS~

Thanks for sharing, default theme only I see...(At least it need to modify manually for each theme)

* Dismal Shadow is beginning to think custom themes aren't worth it...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

KahneFan

[off topic]

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on February 04, 2010, 10:06:49 AM
* Dismal Shadow is beginning to think custom themes aren't worth it...

* KahneFan figured that out a while back as well.

As long as the custom theme ONLY changes colors and images, you're OK. If the theme changes the actual body layout, that's when you come into trouble.

[/off topic]

[on topic]
Thank you sid2varun for the update!

KensonPlays

When will it be compatible with RC2?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

C4G-TK

Quote from: sid2varun on February 04, 2010, 10:01:19 AM
kk ...so here we go

Find:

Add before:

// Simple Reply Button
      echo '
            <li class="reply_button"><a href="', $scripturl . '?action=post;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';num_replies=' . $context['num_replies'], '">', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

Find:

Add before:
// Simple Reply Button
echo '

n see urself ;)

I know it is 3am here, so maybe I'm just tired now, but you have two edits showing that look for the same code in both edits.  Are you saying to add both of the codes BEFORE that same code?  If so, why not just make one edit???

Also, when I parse the regular package, I have two edits showing in the parser.  The first edit I can do which looks for the code that you search for in your edits.  The second edit which talks about the create button is the one that does not exist.

I'm going to bed...

-img removed-

Joker™

I know it is 3am here, so maybe I'm just tired now, but you have two edits showing that look for the same code in both edits.  Are you saying to add both of the codes BEFORE that same code?  If so, why not just make one edit???

Also, when I parse the regular package, I have two edits showing in the parser.  The first edit I can do which looks for the code that you search for in your edits.  The second edit which talks about the create button is the one that does not exist.

I'm going to bed...
[/quote]

edited .... see the post now ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=303592.msg2487405#msg2487405
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

C4G-TK

LOL!!!!!  Thanks for that!  Now I don't feel too bad.  I'm usually a night owl, so I figured I must have really been out of it!

Whew!  I'm not getting old.... yet.  (BTW, It's not noon and I'm just getting up!)

Testing it now! ;D

THANKS AGAIN... WORKING!

-img removed-

SnoMan

I'm using a color-modified Babylon theme. The mod installs fine, but doesn't actually produce a reply button. http://www.survivalnewsonline.com/snoboards
~SnoMan
Survival News Online

luuuciano

Quote from: sid2varun on February 04, 2010, 10:01:19 AM
kk ...so here we go

Find:

echo '
<li class="quote_button"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;quote=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';num_replies=', $context['num_replies'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], '" onclick="return oQuickReply.quote(', $message['id'], ', \'', $context['session_id'], '\', \'', $context['session_var'], '\', true);">', $txt['quote'], '</a></li>';

Add before:

// Simple Reply Button
      echo '

Find:
echo '
<li class="quote_button"><a>', $txt['quote'], '</a></li>';

Add before:
// Simple Reply Button
echo '

n see urself ;)

I have the second line to search twice in the code... wich I need to change? both?
one nearly 776 line, and the other one at 431...

(it is normal to have that twice?)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Advertisement: