News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Good Post/Bad Post Mod

Started by OutofOrder, June 17, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paracelsus

Quote from: OutofOrder on June 19, 2009, 03:33:34 PM
About your suggestions, what kind of forum would these apply to? Sounds like adding an entire new dimension to the mod.

The suggestion is simple. Instead of 1 member / 1 vote, allow to customize the number of votes that each member can give, depending on which membergroup the user is in. Shouldn't be too complicated I think.

[Core]

OutofOrder

I'm about to update the mod. The 1.0 version comes with a bug that breaks Profile.template.php, which I'm surprised hasn't been reported yet. It innocently sneaked in the release version without me noticing about it >:(
This has been fixed in version 1.1. It is recommended that you uninstall 1.0 first, and then install 1.1 (the Package parser currently behaves buggy when trying to uninstall an upgraded version in SMF 2 RC1-1).

Sakae

Quote from: OutofOrder on June 20, 2009, 11:16:42 AM
I'm about to update the mod. The 1.0 version comes with a bug that breaks Profile.template.php, which I'm surprised hasn't been reported yet. It innocently sneaked in the release version without me noticing about it >:(
This has been fixed in version 1.1. It is recommended that you uninstall 1.0 first, and then install 1.1 (the Package parser currently behaves buggy when trying to uninstall an upgraded version in SMF 2 RC1-1).

Sorry about that, I noticed this BUG but since I was installing a lot of MODs same time, didn't have time to see which MOD had it..
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

MaXiForum.cz

Realy nice mod :)
Congratulation ;)

Sabre™

Very nice mod :)

... releasing a legacy version sounds like a good idea :) ...

Sweet!
Saves me time converting it myself lol ;)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Mystery?

Quote from: Mystery? on June 19, 2009, 02:03:47 PM
Can you have an option, to increase/decrease overall karma.
In the future, there may be an advanced tool to edit users Respect and casted votes.

I meant overall karma as in the karma system SMF uses. Like if you get 1 negative vote for a post it also decreases your karma by 1 point.
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

Dream of Omnimaga

wow really hoping for a 1.1.9 version in the future. I've been waiting for such mod for over 1 year now, but I don't want to migrate to 2.0 until it's completly finished.

Smitten

Yeaah, 1.1.9 version please!!

Excelent mod..

marciano

la version para 1.1.9 por favorrrrr

OutofOrder

Thanks everyone for your posts.

Quote from: Mystery? on June 21, 2009, 12:11:16 AM
Quote from: Mystery? on June 19, 2009, 02:03:47 PM
Can you have an option, to increase/decrease overall karma.
In the future, there may be an advanced tool to edit users Respect and casted votes.

I meant overall karma as in the karma system SMF uses. Like if you get 1 negative vote for a post it also decreases your karma by 1 point.
Sorry, I understand now :) Actually, when I was planning the mod I considered to link post voting to the SMF karma system as an option, but discarded it soon because I'm not familiar with the karma scripts. Maybe in a future version, or if more people request this.

Quote from: everyone1.1.9
I've started to port this mod to SMF 1.1.x, so please check back soon ;)

Sabre™

Quote from: OutofOrder on June 21, 2009, 02:25:55 PM
I've started to port this mod to SMF 1.1.x, so please check back soon ;)

Mate Ive been checking here everyday!! lol
Thank You for your efforts :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool, I just hope SMF won't release 2.0 like the day after you post a 1.1.9 update and decide to completly stop ever updating SMF 1.1.9 and tell everyone to upgrade to 2.0 (like PHPBB did a year ago with PHPBB2) x.x this would be rather frustrating for mod coders IMHO x.x

OutofOrder

Haha well, for what I've read around these forums, there is going to be another RC release before SMF 2 goes final. So the chances of that happening by the time I finish this are none at all :P

goldenboy48

looks very nice...hoping for support for 1.1.9

OutofOrder

And it's done. :) Mod updated, added support for SMF 1.1.9.

No new features though. SMF 2 Admins don't need to upgrade this time, unless they want to keep up with the version number :)

marciano

marciano

lo instale en foringa .... tuve que editar a mano (seguramente por tantos mods que tengo instalados) los archivos Subs.php y Load.php ambos de la carpeta sources y anduvo joya ..... sos un groso master

Paracelsus

Quote from: OutofOrder on June 26, 2009, 12:06:59 PM
And it's done. :) Mod updated, added support for SMF 1.1.9.

Great, I'll try it soon then.

OutofOrder

Quote from: marciano on June 26, 2009, 01:25:53 PM
lo instale en foringa .... tuve que editar a mano (seguramente por tantos mods que tengo instalados) los archivos Subs.php y Load.php ambos de la carpeta sources y anduvo joya ..... sos un groso master
Me alegro mucho, un placer :)

Advertisement: