Good Post/Bad Post Mod

Started by OutofOrder, June 17, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablo3x.dk

:( Did not work on my main site. It uses the same theme as my test site. Strange.

/edit

After some edits it seems to work. But as you can see there is double up on the arrows :P
http://forum.diablo3x.dk/index.php?topic=1596.msg29390;topicseen#msg29390

OutofOrder

Quote from: diablo3x.dk on February 21, 2010, 07:06:48 AM
:( Did not work on my main site. It uses the same theme as my test site. Strange.

/edit

After some edits it seems to work. But as you can see there is double up on the arrows :P
http://forum.diablo3x.dk/index.php?topic=1596.msg29390;topicseen#msg29390
Have you set membergroup permissions to allow voting?
If the mod installed without warnings, you shouldn't need any additional edits.

diablo3x.dk

Oh, I had to edit in admin and display.template.

And yes. It all works well. It is just the double up on arrows ;)

You got any suggestions? Can attach files if needed.

OutofOrder

Quote from: diablo3x.dk on February 21, 2010, 08:34:37 AM
You got any suggestions? Can attach files if needed.
Please attach your Display.template.php file.

diablo3x.dk

Attached in this post.

I installed it once, then uninstalled. The installed again. I guess the problem is caused by that, although I thought I made sure to remove all edits from the mod.

OutofOrder

Quote from: diablo3x.dk on February 21, 2010, 10:57:02 AM
I installed it once, then uninstalled. The installed again. I guess the problem is caused by that, although I thought I made sure to remove all edits from the mod.
Most edits were duplicate, so it possibly didn't correctly uninstall the first time.
Try with this file.

diablo3x.dk

Great! Everything is perfect now! Thanks alot for your great mod.
Are you planning on updating it with further features? I have a few in mind ;)

lsftim

tried for a couple of hours to get this to work and no bueno...im using the Fussilet template.. i don't know if theres something im doing wrong..can someone please help..

Tanks

This is a great mod, thanks for sharing.

Is it possible to show the score on the messageindex ?

OutofOrder

First of all.
Good Post / Bad Post v2.0 is now available. ;D
This is a SMF 2 RC2+ only release. Please check the first post to know more about it.

I will later add updated files for adding this new version to custom themes, and also regarding translations and the new text files.

Edit: also, I earlier updated the v1.1.3 release because it had a missing xml file which should have broken the mod installation process in SMF 1.1.x, although no one ever reported this.

Quote from: lsftim on March 04, 2010, 03:12:20 AM
tried for a couple of hours to get this to work and no bueno...im using the Fussilet template.. i don't know if theres something im doing wrong..can someone please help..
Please at least mention what SMF version you're using, and add a link to the theme and perhaps you will be assisted. By someone.

Quote from: Tanks on March 05, 2010, 06:02:03 AM
Is it possible to show the score on the messageindex ?
Do you mean the score of the first post of a topic?

Tanks

Yeah showing the score of the first post inside each topic on the messageindex would be cool.

I am running a movies site and i could use this so the members could see if posted movies has good or bad score.

If you do not want it in the mod maybe you could show me the code to add to messageindex.template.php file :) Curve theme.

Cheers

OutofOrder

Unfortunately, such feature would need more than just an edit in MessageIndex.template.php (although possibly not more than a simple edit in MessageIndex.php).

I will consider this feature for a future release, thanks.

Tanks

Ok fair enough :) Thank you for considering this feature :) Maybe it could show the overall score of all the scores in a topic ?

tbk22

Is it possible to have like on member list or profile the members with most + on their posts or something like that?
=)

OutofOrder

GP/BP v2.0 added many new text strings, meaning that the previous translations available are outdated.
I have three incomplete translations for this version: Turkish, French and Russian (this one soon to be added to the older v1.1.3 release).
If anyone is willing to translate this mod to their language or to update the incomplete translations, please download this file
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=318290.0;attach=136539
Read the Readme.txt file and follow the instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Updated the theme customising guide for SMF 2. Check the first post!

Quote from: tbk22 on March 05, 2010, 08:59:54 AM
Is it possible to have like on member list or profile the members with most + on their posts or something like that?
Something like a fan list? Would there be a point in this? If a person receives enough votes from enough members, it won't really make a difference who are the two or three members that voted him most...

tbk22

Quote from: OutofOrder on March 05, 2010, 11:19:55 AM

Something like a fan list? Would there be a point in this? If a person receives enough votes from enough members, it won't really make a difference who are the two or three members that voted him most...

No I was looking for somethings more like Thank you mod that can display on the profile the number of thans the user has received

It would be like a sign that the user was trustable on that forum depending on his good post/bad post stats
=)

OutofOrder

Quote from: tbk22 on March 05, 2010, 04:03:50 PM
Quote from: OutofOrder on March 05, 2010, 11:19:55 AM

No I was looking for somethings more like Thank you mod that can display on the profile the number of thans the user has received

It would be like a sign that the user was trustable on that forum depending on his good post/bad post stats
Well if you disable negative votes then the number of Respect members have on their profiles will be exactly what you're asking. You could rename "Respect" to "Thanks received" in the language files and there you go. :)

Ryoki

i had liked to try it out, but it just does not do anything.
I have installed the mod without errors but nothing changed.

I just get this error log

http://www.weg-des-stifts.de/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=GoodPostBadPost.2.0.zip;pid=0
8: Undefined index: theme
Datei: /var/www/web1168/html/smf/Sources/Packages.php
Zeile: 935

I hope you can help. :-)

Snogmarr

I wonder if you can help?
I have done all the edits manually because my site is heavily modded,

But I just cannot work out the below,, it is doing my head in.lol
All the edits and stumped by this.

Find: [Select]
$message['body']
Add Before: [Select]
$gpbp_badPost && !$context['reveal_bad_post'] ? '' :

Have attached my display template php
thanks

smldmr

If you allready installed the old version, on upgrade you will get a not functioning vote system. You must add the field "log_time" in the table smf_log_gpbp. after that, it is functioning.

but i can't chose the thumbset. i must do it manualy in phpmyadmin.

and in display.template.php, you wrote $settings['images_url'], '/gpbp', $gpbp_set, '_arrow_down', for image names. this generates file names like gpbp1_arrow_down.png etc. but the image files are named like gpbp_1_arrow_down.png

Advertisement: