News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Battle

Started by Chen Zhen, July 13, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommytoxen

Quite fun, my members are enjoying so far.

Quick question though.

Is there a way to set pm notifications for attacks ON by default? Right now you gotta manually go to settings -> turn on.

tommytoxen

Would anyone be interested in carrying on this project, bug-fixing mainly, if they were paid to?

Say a £100? ($152)

SA™

Quote from: tommytoxen on February 24, 2013, 07:44:24 AM
Would anyone be interested in carrying on this project, bug-fixing mainly, if they were paid to?

Say a £100? ($152)

the mod need rewiriting realy but i do give permission to who wants to take it up
not sure why it got tranfred back to me realy

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

tommytoxen

I'd be happy to take it up, bring a freelancer in because it's got huge potential, my members love it they've been addicted since I installed it. I'd feel almost cruel uninstalling and taking it away from them now haha.

Unless someone has done something similar that's more stable, I'd be happy to pay a freelancer to bug-fix at least, and then after that perhaps look at re-writing.

Burt

Quote from: Burt on February 23, 2013, 12:22:46 AM
Quote from: Fog on November 03, 2012, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: eric1234 on May 14, 2012, 02:12:27 PM
Nobody at here can help? :(

Seem like there is one more bug >.< when i killed a monster the "Return to Explore or Return Home" seems to run off to the top left edge of the screen

I know how to fix that.

Hi Fog....

Would you like to share the how to fix this?

Thank you

Bump
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Burt

Quote from: SA™ on February 24, 2013, 01:14:11 PM

the mod need rewiriting realy but i do give permission to who wants to take it up
not sure why it got tranfred back to me realy

Hi SA

I know that you have lost interest in this project and I respect that. I also wanted to thank You for taking the time to take this mod this far. I'm currently running your mod RC7 Rev224 under SMF 2.0.4.

There are only two bugs left (as far as I can tell) that prevent this mod from running beautifully or at least in a more than decent way.

This one also posted by Masrit
Don't know if this has been reported. But you can glitch (or cheat) your stats by trying to add a new point to a stat and when it says stop cheating click back and the newly added stat is still located there. (so you can loop this forever and add as many stats as you want without the need to advance in levels)

and this other one also posted by eric1234
Seem like there is one more bug >.< when i killed a monster the "Return to Explore or Return Home" seems to run off to the top left edge of the screen.

Fog did mentioned of how to fix it but so far nothing has come up.

Now could you please tell me if there is an easy fix for these two bugs or if you could just give me some hints on how to go about.

Maybe some else on here knows how to help me (us).

Thank you

Burt
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Fog

Quote from: Burt on February 23, 2013, 12:22:46 AM
Quote from: Fog on November 03, 2012, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: eric1234 on May 14, 2012, 02:12:27 PM
Nobody at here can help? :(

Seem like there is one more bug >.< when i killed a monster the "Return to Explore or Return Home" seems to run off to the top left edge of the screen

I know how to fix that.

Hi Fog....

Would you like to share the how to fix this?

Thank you

Sure thing.....

Fog

Burt

Quote from: Fog on March 23, 2013, 09:50:08 PM
Here's a link to how it's done.

http://www.smokerunner.com/index.php?topic=5.0

Sorry mate but that's just a link to a login page....

No instruction there... Thanks anyway.

Fog

opps...I see what I did.

I have it so guest can't view the site....just fixed it

try again.

SA™

nope you didnt :P

QuoteThe topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Fog

You're right SA....

Now it's fixed...

I'll just post the fix here

Under the BATTLE_EXPLORE PHP Code:

Find

$context['battle_message'] .= '

<br /><br />'.$txt['battle_game_102'].' <strong>'.$context['battle_target']['name'].'</strong>.'; echo '                <form action="' . $scripturl . '?action=battle;sa=explore" method="post"> <input type="submit" value ="'.$txt['battle_return_explore'].'" /> </form> '.$txt['battle_or'].'<br />                <form action="' . $scripturl . '?action=battle" method="post"> <input type="submit" value ="'.$txt['battle_return_home'].'" />';

replace with

$context['battle_message'] .= '

<br /><br />'.$txt['battle_game_102'].' <strong>'.$context['battle_target']['name'].'</strong>. <form action="' . $scripturl . '?action=battle;sa=explore" method="post"> <input type="submit" value ="'.$txt['battle_return_explore'].'" /> </form> '.$txt['battle_or'].'<br />                <form action="' . $scripturl . '?action=battle" method="post"> <input type="submit" value ="'.$txt['battle_return_home'].'" />';

Fog

SA...Can you help us on the Menu Button.

It seems the Button won't go away if you delete the game.

What I'm looking to do is have a redirection from one site to another...

The idea is when I click on the Battle Button it takes you to the test site we have and I can use that site to host the Battle Game.

Burt

Thank You Fog....

Fog

Cool new features on the Battle Game....

Great Job UnderDog

Now I have to get out my tanks

Thanks

Chen Zhen

Battle 1.11 Released

-- v1.11 --

! disabled browser back button in battle template to thwart cheating
! fixed vertical alignment of Battle News & General Info in admin template
! fixed SA donation button due to improper HTML

Fog,

Thanks.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chalky

Don't know if this is a bug but thought I'd mention it... I just installed on my test site to have a play  :)  I started exploring, opened some magic boxes, encountered a couple of monsters, attacked and won some experience points, then I encountered a monster named Underdog.  I clicked "Attack" and got the error message "Refreshing is not allowed, go back to the main battle page" - not word for word as I'm reproducing it from memory, but you'll know which error that is.  I certainly did not refresh the page, I just clicked "Attack".

FrizzleFried

Awesome!  Quite customizable too!

Suggestions:

1. Add the ability to allow for more "random" results when creating custom "explore" (which should be renamed "encounters" IMHO)... two possible results is OK... but I'd think it would add quite a bit more "depth" to allow for up to 5 or even 10 (or maybe even allow the admin to choose how many) possible results.

2. Add a counter for "battles"... don't just pop up with the result.  Give the impression a "battle" is happening.  Perhaps include something like: "You are battling (monster name)" then every 1/2 second add a period . . . . and then after the 5th period (or what not) then have the result kick in.  Give the impression that "something" is happening.  It would also "slow down" the game a hair... which is a good thing IMHO.

3. Weapons... this game screams for weapons and the ability to buy/sell them... to the shop and each other... and the ability to choose which weapon to use to do battle with.

Fog

Quote1. Add the ability to allow for more "random" results when creating custom "explore" (which should be renamed "encounters" IMHO)... two possible results is OK... but I'd think it would add quite a bit more "depth" to allow for up to 5 or even 10 (or maybe even allow the admin to choose how many) possible results.

What I've done in the past is Create the same Custom Explore several times then you can more than just two results.

Chen Zhen

ChalkCat,

For version 1.11 ensure that you did not press the browser back button (the arrow at the top left) whilst in explore, battle nor quests. It should not matter as it will not allow you to go back but use the links in the battle nav bar to be sure. I have not encountered the issue you speak of but I will run some tests to see if I can duplicate it & resolve the issue.

FrizzleFried,

Thank you for the suggestions and they are good ideas. A counter to add a small delay while battling and exploring?? Yes I like that idea.

I also thought about the idea of adding some sound. Also to have it display the enemy and user icon whilst in the middle of a battle. Are these good ideas? Would you people like to see things like that? The sound can be optional of course.. perhaps one of the user settings.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Advertisement: