News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Streaming 3

Started by 1948Pal, April 11, 2005, 03:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1948Pal

Link to Mod

This Mod will allow users to add streaming video and sound (real, quicktime and Windows Media) to their posts.
Now, installable/uninstallable via the package mnager and works for both Internet Explorer and FireFox.
[edit]
7/19/06 new version added that supports Google video in the same fashion as the previous streams, only with Google video all you need is put the docid between the tags like so [gv=width,height]01234567890123[/gv] and you'll have an embedded Google video. The video must have permissions to be embedded. Also now you can actualy resize any player window by changing the values in the [tag=x,y].

[edit=8/23/06]Updated for 1.0.8 and 1.1 RC3, same version 4.2.2[/edit]
[edit]
9/1/06, new version 4.2.2a added with YouTube support. use [yt=x,y]code to youtube after the v=. Usually a mixture of 11 upper and lower case characters and numbers like yh2XtuP4jhG[/yt]
[/edit]

Latest release as of 12/29/2006 is 4.2.2b, it has no significant changes, but mdified to work with SMF 1.1 final and 1.1.1, additionally, now included a more detailed readme file, also now upon uninstall, the streaming bbc images will also be removed, whereby before, they were left behind.
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

dtm.exe

I love it!  I have been waiting for a mod like this for a long time now.  I now have it on my forums.

www.oi-forums.com

-Dan The Man

CrazyJoe

I seem to have a problem. When I try to install via the package manager it fails on the file Subs.php.

I tried to edit the file manually, but I looked for this line and couldn't find it:

$codetocache[] = '<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="$1" height="$2"><param name="movie" value="$3" /><param name="play" value="true" /><param name="loop" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><embed src="$3" width="$1" height="$2" play="true" loop="true" quality="high" AllowScriptAccess="never"></embed></object>';

Instead I found this:

$arr2[] = '<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="$1" height="$2"><param name="movie" value="$3" /><param name="play" value="true" /><param name="loop" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><embed src="$3" width="$1" height="$2" play="true" loop="true" quality="high" AllowScriptAccess="never"></embed></object>';

Any Ideas on what I can do to get this to work?

Anguz

CrazyJoe, do you have any other mod installed?
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

CrazyJoe

Quote from: Anguz on April 11, 2005, 10:55:04 PM
CrazyJoe, do you have any other mod installed?

Yes I do. It's called SimpleDownloads.  http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=104

Thats the only one though. Is there any way to use both?

P.S. Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

Anguz

You're welcome. Well, I don't know the SimpleDownloads code, but I don't think it deals with the parsecode function, although I may be wrong... The line you said you found instead of the one you should have, looks to me like from my Faster Parsecode mod, but you say you don't have that mod installed, are you sure?

1948Pal

Quote from: CrazyJoe on April 11, 2005, 09:48:54 PM
I seem to have a problem. When I try to install via the package manager it fails on the file Subs.php.

I tried to edit the file manually, but I looked for this line and couldn't find it:

$codetocache[] = '<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="$1" height="$2"><param name="movie" value="$3" /><param name="play" value="true" /><param name="loop" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><embed src="$3" width="$1" height="$2" play="true" loop="true" quality="high" AllowScriptAccess="never"></embed></object>';

Instead I found this:

$arr2[] = '<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="$1" height="$2"><param name="movie" value="$3" /><param name="play" value="true" /><param name="loop" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><embed src="$3" width="$1" height="$2" play="true" loop="true" quality="high" AllowScriptAccess="never"></embed></object>';

Any Ideas on what I can do to get this to work?

Hi, yes, that line you said you found is from Anguz's fasterparsecode_100 mod. The simpledownloads mod does not even touch subs.php.
You can try to change the mod file to look for that line insted of the original and see if that completes, unless other code is different of course!
Eugene Fitch Ware

Anguz

It is different... but if he knows a bit of PHP, it won't be hard to figure out.

CrazyJoe

Quote from: Anguz on April 12, 2005, 08:37:47 PM
You're welcome. Well, I don't know the SimpleDownloads code, but I don't think it deals with the parsecode function, although I may be wrong... The line you said you found instead of the one you should have, looks to me like from my Faster Parsecode mod, but you say you don't have that mod installed, are you sure?

Your right, it is the faster parsecode mod. I had a problem with the forum and I uninstalled it, or at least I thought I did.

Quote from: Anguz on April 12, 2005, 10:36:57 PM
It is different... but if he knows a bit of PHP, it won't be hard to figure out.

I'm really just begining to work with php, so I don't think I'm capable of that just yet. I would really appreciate any help you could give me with it, but if it's a huge pain in the butt then don't worry about it. I know how time consuming this stuff gets to be.

P.S. Thanks for the help you have already given, I really appreciate it.

CrazyJoe

I tried to uninstall the parsecode mod, but the only options I had were to [List Files] or [Delete Files]. So I deleted the files. Then I re-downloaded the parsecode mod and tried to install it, hoping that I would be able to uninstall again in that way. No luck though, wouldn't let me install the mod at all. It said the parsecode mod was for an older version of SMF.

Is there a way I can uninstall this mod now?

Anguz

Yeah, just replace the parsecode function in Subs.php with the one in your SMF 1.0.3 zip.

CrazyJoe

Quote from: Anguz on April 15, 2005, 12:37:25 AM
Yeah, just replace the parsecode function in Subs.php with the one in your SMF 1.0.3 zip.

Ok...that was pretty easy.  :) It works great now.

Thanks for all the help.

Anguz

jerm

i haven't installed this mod yet.. but what if there are two videos on the same page? will it start playing them both at the same time since theres streaming?

1948Pal

No, they're all setup up to not play automatically, so a user need to hit the play button.
Eugene Fitch Ware

carmelkevlar32

My quicktime video's size by default isn't big enough for the play button to show. Giving this to users to use will become an issue because they're to thickheaded to do something extra. Is there a way to change the default player size (without just changing it after pressing the button)?

faris

Quote from: carmelkevlar32 on April 28, 2005, 11:24:01 PM
My quicktime video's size by default isn't big enough for the play button to show. Giving this to users to use will become an issue because they're to thickheaded to do something extra. Is there a way to change the default player size (without just changing it after pressing the button)?
Yes you can, but requires a little messing about.  If you download the zip file, find the .mod file and then look for this line
'quick' => array('code' => 'quick', 'before' => '[quick=256,256]', 'after' => '[/quick]', 'description' => $txt['quick']),
simply change the part that says quick=256,256 to your desired default size.

Replace the .mod file in the zip with your new .mod file, and then uninstall your previous installation, delete it, then install your new modification of the mod, by uploading the zip, and then using the package manager in the usual way.

Let me know if you need anymore help ;)

PS to view the .mod file, just use your fave text editor,

Faris
"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that dont."

hxxp:www.contraflo.co.uk [nonactive]

faris

I have made a few simple changes to this mod, so that it will work with the faster parse code mod.
Would this be helpful to any other members?
How can I make this available to other members?
Do I need to get it looked over by the original creator?

Sorry if this is already covered,

Faris
"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that dont."

hxxp:www.contraflo.co.uk [nonactive]

Ride

The width of windows media stuff stays the same no matter what value is entered when viewed with firefox.  It works fine in IE.  I haven't tried .mov or real files yet to see if they do the same thing.  Take a look.

http://www.fracturedmedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=186.0

CoolK

Hey,

This mod sounds great - this is what I've been missing for SMF...

When trying to install through the package manager I get the following error:

2: copy(Themes/default/images/bbc/stream.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/sv_b-moredk/satu/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 814

:'(

Any suggestions - plz?

Advertisement: