News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[BBCode] LtR and RtL

Started by Antechinus, August 14, 2009, 07:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Link to Mod

Features

As originally requested here, this mod provides buttons for users that regularly use the [ltr] and [rtl] tags, usually on forums that are multilingual and support languages such as Arabic.

It is compatible with all versions of SMF 2.0 from 2.0.1 onwards (it says 2.0.15 now, because that is the latest version of SMF 2.0, but the installation file will work with all future versions up to 2.0.99).

Installation

Install this modification through the package manager. It only edits three files, so nothing should go wrong.

Changelog

1.1 - 21 September 2018
Update for 2.0.15 compatibility
1.1 - 26 October 2009
Update for 2.0 RC2 compatibility
1.0 - 14 August 2009
First release

Credits

iKorp Networks - Hosting the modification's demo.
Arantor - Creating the modification.
Many thanks to Sarge for helping get the Arabic translation encoded correctly, and to the famfamfam Silk Icons set for the arrows used in the buttons.

Arantor

islam2hamy

i was just working on this mod ,I have do it before me .  ;D

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

TeaTephi

I installed the mod just fine (only one error with post.template and I did that one manually)

Ok but it only right justifies?  It doesn't type the letters from right to left. 

Example

TYPE IN REVERSE

ESREVER NI EPYT

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of the mod?

If you are working in another language and are trying to type the entire sentence backwards so it can be read forwards in that language , then it is extremely frustrating, as you probably already know.
So I must be missing something somewhere else.  In forum language settings maybe?
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Arantor

Possibly; the mod doesn't add anything that isn't already in the SMF code. Specifically it adds the LTR and RTL buttons in.

It's mostly for use on forums that write from right to left - mostly Arabic - and need to alternate to English occasionally. It doesn't - and won't - switch the content around.

Liam.

Arantor has just handed this modification over to me. I will now be updating and supporting this modification.

Apllicmz

Advertisement: