PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

LOL well I have always said that if something should go wrong my forums will lead the way.

I reinstalled it into that naughty forum, then last night I went thru the others and wouldn't you know it.....

another one went blank.

I had to go into the server files, manually change out the files and removed the old zip. This got my site to come back into view --- same error --- and the other one that was naughty  had to removed the old one cause it went blank when I uninstalled it in admin...LOL I uploaded all the files and it saw everything as the proper version...weird.

Now all forums are updated and working bootifully then I got to go walking to see the neighborhood fireworks.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Beowulf1976

Dougiefresh, I am afraid it was this mod that was causing my completely borked UI in my pm's (you'll remember I THOUGHT it was your inline attachments mod that was the issue?) well, after "disabling attachments" the pm template went completely back to normal. (Did this WITH and WITHOUT your inline attachments mod installed - incidentally one of the only mods I have installed on my forum that didn't scream any errors whatsoever! :) a very clean mod too!)

Let me know if you need to know what other mods I have, or any settings. Hell I'll even give you access to my forum so you can see it for yourself if it helps :)

Best wishes

Beo
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

dougiefresh

Hmmmm....  I'll take a look at the mod again when I get some time.  I've got 7 mods to upgrade for SMF 2.1 Beta 3, and a few mods to fix in general....

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  I was trying to modify my Post and PM Inline Attachments mod and discovered that SMF 2.1 Beta 3 takes a completely new approach to attachments.  While the current code can insert attachments, there is a distinct "SMF 2.0"-ishness to the PM attachments that would have felt at home in SMF 2.1 Beta 2, but which is out of place in SMF 2.1 Beta 3.  Since I am interested in maintaining some sense of "SMF 2.1"-ishness within the forum, a complete rewrite looks necessary in order to accomplish this.....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.3 - July 11th, 2017
o Removed support for SMF 2.0 RC versions, as well as SMF 2.0 thru 2.0.3.
o Replaced IFNULL with COALESCE in database queries for better Postgres support.

@Everybody:  I have removed support for the SMF 2.0 RC versions, as well as SMF 2.0 thru SMF 2.0.3.  My feelings on this particular topic is that I will not support such old forum installs.  Once again, I have kept the old version 1.6 on the mod download page in the event someone needs it, but any forum running 1.6 will not get support from me.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.4 - September 2nd, 2017
o Added SMF 2.0.x-ish support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.

UPDATE:  The changes required to bring SMF 2.1 Beta 3 changes to this mod won't be as drastic as I had initially feared.  Evidentally, most of the changes are done via Javascript, which means I've have some fun trying to determine what changes need to be made in order to do drag-and-drop for file uploading, and etc...

FractalFrank

hello and thanks for this great mod! it does what it promises in the way I expect.  :)

but we just noticed that it messes with the adminarea quick-search function (not the main search, but /admin/?area=search )
we get this error, and no searches are possible at all:
"Call to undefined function ManagePMAttachmentSettings()"

any idea how we can fix this?

we're using:
SMF 2.0.14
PM_Attachments v2.4

with these other mods:
1.   SMF Gallery Pro Recent Comments Board Index   2.0
2.   SMF Gallery Pro Recent Images Board Index   2.0.1
3.   SMF Gallery Pro Recent Profile Images   2.0.1
4.   SMFPacks Facepunch Pro Mod   1.0.10   
5.   SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro   1.3   
6.   Ohara YouTube Embed   1.2.9
7.   AMSP - Add Member's Signature Permission   1.0.1
8.   Downloads System   3.0.2   
9.   Stop Forum Spam   1.0   
10.   Reason For Editing Mod   2.3.3   
11.   Recent Forum Topics Boardindex   1.0   
12.   Advanced Attachments Uploader   3.0   
13.   FancyBox 4 SMF   0.5.1.1   
14.   Pretty URLs   1.1.4   
15.   SMF Gallery Pro   7.2.2a   

themes:
-Dilber Multicolor
-Yorky
(error happens in both)

dougiefresh

Wow....  I'm looking into it right now....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.5 - September 4th, 2017
o Moved all possible hook code to Subs-PMAttachmentsHooks.php.
o Fixed issue where admin search was broken due to file not being loaded.

@FractalFrank:  This update should fix the issue that you found!  Thanks for the bug report!

FractalFrank

wow, that was fast!  :)

uninstalled and updated. sorry to say, we still get the same error.
Don't know what else information I could provide - just let me know..

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.5.1 - September 6th, 2017
o SMF 2.0: Fixed admin search functionality.

@FractalFrank:  Sorry, I thought I fixed it for both versions.  Turns out the code for SMF 2.0 is a bit different than SMF 2.1 Beta 3....  This update fixes the issue.  Thank you for the bug report.

DarkAngel612

so we that still use 2.0.14 can still use this, we do not have to have the beta version of new version ?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

dougiefresh

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on September 06, 2017, 05:23:05 PM
so we that still use 2.0.14 can still use this, we do not have to have the beta version of new version ?
No, you don't need SMF 2.1 Beta 3 in order to use this mod.  It should work fine with 2.0.14....

DarkAngel612

thanks sweety, love the mod and your avatar...tis what I have been doing since January last year...LOL

FractalFrank

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 06, 2017, 10:37:26 AM
@FractalFrank:  Sorry, I thought I fixed it for both versions.  Turns out the code for SMF 2.0 is a bit different than SMF 2.1 Beta 3....  This update fixes the issue.  Thank you for the bug report.

thx a lot - works like a charm now!
great support!

dougiefresh

aegersz

Hi dougie, how/where i can access the attachments sent in PMs ?

I know in which directory you have them but i'd like to audit them (encryption is ON, also) ... is this possible ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

dougiefresh

Audit them how?  The point of personal attachments is privacy.  I don't think even the admin can't see the attachments without the related personal message being reported....

aegersz

there can be NO privacy on my site as the members can be subjected to any audit, any time. We need to be able to limit people making us a liability, however futile that is sometimes.

not a big problem, i can always disable it for regular members anyway if need be.

my only gripe with SMF is the lack of serious auditing (yes, anti-privacy) tools but then again, my needs are unique.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

i came up with a solution to all my auditing issues and i can download attachments ... see https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=556634

Advertisement: