News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Damn...

Started by The -L-, August 22, 2009, 09:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The -L-

Please help take a look at my forum...
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.0.54 Server at www.forum-racunara.com Port 80

I can`t access any of the pages...it seams that other Admin managed to brake it when he deleted mods with Un- successful Test...omg,please help me... successful

Arantor

We'd need to see the webserver error log to see what has been modified - and broken.

The -L-

That fille is Error.php in Source???

Arantor

Do you have a hosting plan with CPanel or something similar? There should be an entry in the control panel for 'error logs'. That's what you need to look at.

The -L-

I got uControl,and FTP access...im trying to not lost in uControl Panel...

Arantor

Somewhere in uControl Panel there should be an entry for error logs - if you find that, what does it tell you?

The -L-

Omg it seams that error log wasn`t enabled...-.- damn...

What to do????

Arantor

Well, we need to get the log enabled because without it we have no idea where to start looking for the error.

Your other course of action would be to overwrite all of the old files - removing mods in the process! - which would at least get you up and running again.

The -L-

So what do i do?
Error log is empty...whole forum is down,i got only ftp access left...i can overvrite default files for default theme and run the forum via it...

Arantor

Get your host to turn the error log back on.

Though you can overwrite all the forum files using the install package (download it, unpack it then use FTP to upload everything over the top of the old one - take care to ensure Settings.php is kept though, it should be anyway but just check)

The -L-

QuoteGet your host to turn the error log back on.

Well i guess its too late for that...but anyways i turn it on...

QuoteThough you can overwrite all the forum files using the install package (download it, unpack it then use FTP to upload everything over the top of the old one - take care to ensure Settings.php is kept though, it should be anyway but just check)

Well i will try... luckily few mins before that crash i made database backup (I just felt that its needed...O.o) well wish me luck...

Arantor

The thing is, until this is fixed there will be MORE errors, so as soon as they turn the log back on, browse to the forum and it'll throw something in there that we can use to identify what went wrong.

Kays

Just a thought. Do you see a file which looks like error_log in any of the folders or at the root of your forums. If so, check that for the error.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

The -L-

Okay i overwrited Sources and root filles and it worked...ill see if anything is missing and check error log after it...

I just need to install forums again -.-

Only one problem !!
QuoteCritical Error!
Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data.

If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Arantor

Did you keep Settings.php like I said?

The -L-

I cant believe this...it totally slip my mind...aaaahhhh dAMN!!!

Could this help? I found my old backup of the forum but its like...a month ago...there i have Settings.php of my forum...

I`m gonna commit suicide now -.-

Arantor

Settings.php shouldn't change - upload it from the backup.

The -L-

Did that now it says

QuoteWarning!
The installer has detected that you already have SMF installed. It is strongly advised that you do not try to overwrite an existing installation - continuing with installation may result in the loss or corruption of existing data.

If you wish to upgrade please visit the Simple Machines Website and download the latest upgrade package.

If you wish to overwrite your existing installation, including all data, it's recommended that you delete the existing database tables and replace Settings.php and try again.

Arantor

Delete the install.php file and try going back to the forum page again.

The -L-

Uhh....doesnot work...:/

Advertisement: