News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags

Started by Arantor, September 01, 2009, 06:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rohan_

Proud To Be An Indian

Sabre™

I was thinking of this idea only a couple days ago.
Very nice mate! and thanks :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Cal O'Shaw

Hi,

Looks good!  Just to make it clear to me (and maybe others), this essentially does what Aaron's Modbreak MOD does, but has the changes you developed for that MOD incorporated.  And expanded the concept into two BBCodes to differentiate between Moderators and Admins, yes?

Would it be possible to add a permission to allow another group to also use the Admin tag?  On our site we have some folk who can do everything an Admin does except the Admin System Management.  They have full authority but as they are not technically inclined, reduces the risk of something being changed unintentionally.  They're based on the Global Moderator group with a few extra tweaks.

Really like the mod...

Sabre™

Would you know how to center the Moderators Comment & Admins(immortal in my attachment) Comment text so it stays inline with the border?
I've tried to center it via text-align within span and divs, but that brings the text within the border.
Maybe Im looking in the wrong place.

Any suggestions are always appreciated.

Cheers :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Blinker

Great mod Arantor, I've been using modbreak but I like this one more.

For the admin/mod box title tags:

I've changed the titles to my own handle and my mod's handle and also used css to change the colour to the admin and mod membergroup colours. Also, I've changed the font weight to bold. You need to add 'legend' to the css otherwise the text in the box will be the same as the title.

.admin_comment legend {
   color: #0099FF;
   font-weight: bold;
}

.mod_comment legend {
   color: red;
   font-weight: bold;
}

Groundhog

Looks really good Arantor  8)

It appears to work just fine in my SMF 2.0 RC1

Arantor

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on September 02, 2009, 12:13:18 AM
Looks good!  Just to make it clear to me (and maybe others), this essentially does what Aaron's Modbreak MOD does, but has the changes you developed for that MOD incorporated.  And expanded the concept into two BBCodes to differentiate between Moderators and Admins, yes?

Yes, it is all of that. Plus it adds permission-geared buttons on the post editor.

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on September 02, 2009, 12:13:18 AM
Would it be possible to add a permission to allow another group to also use the Admin tag?  On our site we have some folk who can do everything an Admin does except the Admin System Management.  They have full authority but as they are not technically inclined, reduces the risk of something being changed unintentionally.  They're based on the Global Moderator group with a few extra tweaks.

It would be possible, but that was out of the scope I originally had for the mod - which was essentially modbreak + enforcement of permissions + editor buttons. I can definitely add it to the list for the next version though I cannot guarantee if/when that'll get done.

Sabre: I don't think you can without modifying the raw HTML it generates to a style better suited to you. I've never before really encountered anyone styling a fieldset+legend in that way. You may have some luck styling the legend element as Blinker suggests.

Blinker: thanks for the tip! I deliberately didn't get into how to style it, because I figured anyone that knew about the two classes would be able to style the legend too - but in all honesty I'm not a CSS guru.

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Blinker

Quote from: Arantor on September 02, 2009, 06:38:29 AMBlinker: thanks for the tip! I deliberately didn't get into how to style it, because I figured anyone that knew about the two classes would be able to style the legend too - but in all honesty I'm not a CSS guru.

No probs Arantor. :) I'm certainly no guru either, I just look at the way other mods have used css and work it out from there.

BTW I also managed to use your code from the post template to get the BBC buttons working on my Enhanced Quick Reply Box. If anyone has trouble, just make sure you put Arantor's code under the button array between ); and $found_button = false;

Arantor

Another excellent tip there, thanks Blinker :)

booch_21

Very nice mod!  Thanks for the work on this!

bbmtalk

Arantor, thank you for this great mod. It installed easily and works great.

Maybe it is a given knowledge but you may want to mention the images files that need to be uploaded to the two folders (images and images/bbc) on the custom theme. I thought the package only contained bbc images until I saw the screencap in an earlier post that has an image in the post.

One question -

Is it possible to have tag for global moderators? I know global moderators can use mod tag but it would be nice to give them a tag of their own.

Arantor

Well, the thing is that internally there isn't a separate 'global moderator' permission. The only permission you can rely on for mods is the ability for 'moderate_board'.

That said, I'm adding the permission in the next version to assign the admin tag to user groups, meaning that I could do the same for moderators.

bbmtalk

That makes sense. Sounds great too.

Looking forward to your great work! Thanks!!

Rohan_

Quote from: bbmtalk on September 03, 2009, 10:19:04 AM
Is it possible to have tag for global moderators? I know global moderators can use mod tag but it would be nice to give them a tag of their own.

i am also thinking about this :)
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Quote from: Rohan_ on September 03, 2009, 10:26:42 AM
i am also thinking about this :)

And as ever I'll get to it when I get to it, not before. Right now my paid vBookie mod is being developed which takes priority.

Rohan_

Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Does what vBookie does for vBulletin - or at least it will when it's finished - and people are buying it.

Essentially it allows users to put up sporting events and have friendly bets on who they think will win.

Rohan_

Proud To Be An Indian

Sabre™

[Information about Vbookie]

Back on topic....
Your next release sounds pretty good, and very flexible.
Look forward to it.
Thanks mate :)

Advertisement: