Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Link to Mod

Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags

Written by: ArantorCurrent version: 1.9
Suitable for: 1.1.x, 2.0.xSupported languages:

Link to Mod | Mod support topic

Summary

This mod adds three tags - [admin], [gmod] and [mod] - to the system which provide the ability for moderators and administrators to add comments clearly delineated as such.

All three are permission controlled; you can give out each button to any user group independently; for example you may have co-admins who are effectively admins without them having the 'administrate forum' permission, and this would allow you to grant it to them.

Groups who are not authorised to use these tags cannot do so and the tags are removed if they attempt to use them.

For themers: you can customise the resultant blocks by styling .admin_comment, .gmod_comment and .mod_comment respectively.

Thanks to @ngel for French translation, 130860 for Spanish translation, Eclipse16V for German translation, Akyhne for Danish translation, Pentaxian for Dutch translation, qnub for Russian translation and Costa for the Portuguese translation.

Installation

Package Manager should work in most cases. If you need to make any edits, the full list can be obtained from the Parse function on the right.

Useful links
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Support

Questions should be address to the mod support topic.

Updating

To update from 1.8 or below, please uninstall then install 1.9 from the package manager.

Changelog

1.9 - 28 December 2017
Modified the security routine to work on PHP beyond 5.5. PHP 5.3 is now required for mod v1.9.

1.8 - 29 December 2009
Added Russian and Portuguese support.
Cleaned up package contents (not a visible change)

1.7 - 9 November 2009
Added Dutch support

1.6 - 26 October 2009
Added 2.0 RC2 support.

1.5 - 25 September 2009
Added Danish translation.

1.4 - 10 September 2009
Made Moderator tag board specific.
Added German translation.

1.3 - 4 September 2009
Bugfix from French translation.
Added Spanish translation.

1.2 - 4 September 2009
Bugfix from 1.1 regarding the new Global Moderator tag permissions not being enforced correctly.
Added support for French translation.

1.1 - 4 September 2009
Added support for the global moderator tag, plus moved all three to permissions-based from the admin panel

1.0 - 14 August 2009
First release

Files modified by Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags

Sources/Subs.php
Sources/Subs-Post.php
Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Themes/yourtheme/Post.template.php (1.1 only)
Sources/Subs-Editor.php (2.0 only)

Themes/yourtheme/Modifications.*.php for supported languages.

Also adds 3 .gif files into Themes/yourtheme/images/bbc, and 3 into Themes/yourtheme/images

Rohan_

8: Undefined index: tag_comment_admin
File: /home/vhosts/www.site.com/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3759
Proud To Be An Indian

nitkayni

Thanks

Turkish language
$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'Moderator Yorumu';
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Yönetici Yorumu';

qtime

Is this comment visible for all members, or only moderators/admins?

CiQ

for all

ps. thx for nice mod  :D

qtime

ok thanks for your quick responds.

funkenwerner

Thanks

Fine Mod

German Language

$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'Moderator Kommentar';
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Administrator Kommentar';

SMF 1.1.11 in Verwendung

Rohan_

what about my error ? does anybody getting the same ?
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Rohan_, are you using English? The mod only supports English and English British. Please note I've been out today and wasn't able to pick up on this earlier - please have patience as remember that real life takes priority.

qtime: the comment is visible to all. However only the mods and admins can use the tags, much like [html] tags.

funkenwerner: Thanks for the translation, I'll add that to the next version.

Rohan_

Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Check your custom theme's Modifications.english.php file. You may have to add these lines to it:

$txt['tag_comment_mod'] = 'Moderator Comment';
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Administrator Comment';

Rohan_

okay and 1 more thing .. i want the border color red .. and the text i want is administrator's i want to add 's .. i tried it in modifications.english but i got error :(
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

For the border: add it to your CSS. I even left notes in the mod's description what to change.

For the ', make it \'

E.g.
$txt['tag_comment_admin'] = 'Administrator\'s Comment';

Rohan_

okay everything done .. now i didn't understand how to change the color of border
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Go into your CSS file for your forum - style.css in your theme.

Try:

.admin_comment, .mod_comment {
  border-color: red;
}

Styling isn't my forte, however (which is why my dev forum is still using the default!) so maybe that needs tweaking.

Rohan_

hey thanks .. it worked .. here is a look .. i also changed something to use this mod for warning puposes

Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Awesome :)

Note that it'll give you a red box on both right now but you can break it into two blocks easily enough.

Rohan_

yes i understand now

Thanks again Arantor .. today i am very happy because of this mod and the ban expire mod .. Do u have any other great mods waiting approval ?

Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

I have 5 mods still awaiting approval at present. You can see my personal tracker of mods in my signature - Arantor Developments.

Advertisement: