Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Ok, just wanted to let you all know that live627 has agreed to turn this mod into the Pro version, as I'm too busy atm with Dream Portal and other things in my life to focus my attention on the Pro Version of this mod.  You can purchase the Pro version of this mod from live627 when he has completed it.

Cheers :)

aw06

This mod start to act funny... post ratings just vanish... i get this error sometimes..

QuoteUnable to rate this post. Possible causes: The topic is locked, ratings is disabled in this topic and/or post, the ratings limit for this post has been reached. Please fix these possible causes and try again.

Have to go in the settings and enable the mod again :-\
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

SoLoGHoST

Are you saying that you are getting this error message when Post Ratings is disabled in the Admin Panel??

If so, may I ask what url or what you click on that produces this error message?

aw06

I logged on yesterday and noticed all post ratings were gone .... so i went in admin panel and re-enable it ...

Today i try to rate a post and got that error, on refresh all ratings vanished again, went back to admin panel and enable it. same thing happen a few hours later.

I have changed nothing on my forums, so I'm figuring as the mad says i may have too much ratings overall so it's acting strange..  :-\
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

SoLoGHoST

I seriously doubt that you have too much ratings.  Though I would like to help you, I'm afraid I can't really do much without seeing the problem myself, since your explanations are not helpful to me.  If you'd like to make me a temp Admin on your site so I can check your settings for Post Ratings, etc. to help you, please PM me with the info..  I'll go ahead and see if I can fix it for you.  If you edited Post Ratings manually than I really wouldn't be able to help you much.

Cheers,
Solomon

aw06

it's kool, removed mod for now .. looking to get topic ratings instead..

SoLoGHoST

MATTEK

I can't seem to get this one to work. I've checked all settings and made sure my member groups have the correct permissions. Still...no option anywhere to rate a post. I'me using Curve default as my theme.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

SoLoGHoST

If you want all posts to be able to be rated, place checkmark in First Post rating, and select All Topics (Enabled) from the list.  Make sure there is a checkmark in "Enable Post Ratings" and make sure your permissions are set up correctly for posts and topics as well as the main permissions.  It would be easier for me to do it for you rather than to tell you.

And also, this mod isn't compatible with SMF 1.1.x versions.

MATTEK

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on April 21, 2010, 01:54:46 AM
If you want all posts to be able to be rated, place checkmark in First Post rating, and select All Topics (Enabled) from the list.  Make sure there is a checkmark in "Enable Post Ratings" and make sure your permissions are set up correctly for posts and topics as well as the main permissions.  It would be easier for me to do it for you rather than to tell you.

I've figured it out, however some posts don't have the option to be rated. Little odd. Probably something I've overlooked.
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

I've figured it out, however some posts don't have the option to be rated. Little odd. Probably something I've overlooked.

Also, sometimes people have a huge space between their post and signatures. How can that be fixeD?

Here's a comparison between two posts that in the same thread.
SMF 2.0.1

GoldieFR

Hello,

I'd love to install this mod but I have a little problem when I try to install it.
(I'm on 2rc2).

here it is:

can anyone help ?
what should I do ?
SMF 2.0 RC3
my mods [nofollow]

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: GoldieFR on April 23, 2010, 07:10:08 AM
Hello,

I'd love to install this mod but I have a little problem when I try to install it.
(I'm on 2rc2).

here it is:

can anyone help ?
what should I do ?
Is that your error log?  Strange that there's no drop down to show you exactly which edit is in error.  I'll look into this.  Thanks.

Quote from: MATTEK on April 22, 2010, 10:18:58 PM

Also, sometimes people have a huge space between their post and signatures. How can that be fixeD?

Here's a comparison between two posts that in the same thread.
hmmm, another strange thing, possibly conflicting with another mod you have installed.  Do you have another mod installed, perhaps something to do with Signatures?

Arantor

There's no dropdown because it's not "test failed", it's saying "parse error in modification". Usually that means either an XML file is missing/can't be found for some reason, or it's physically messed up.

SoLoGHoST

Thanks Arantor, that's what I was afraid of.  But honestly, after looking through these files I'm not seeing anything wrong with them...

SoLoGHoST

Hello GoldieFR, I've taken away a few files and possibly fixed the issue, I believe.  Well attached is a package for you to try out.  Let me know if you get any errors when trying to install this one, k?

Thanks

GoldieFR

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on April 23, 2010, 11:35:45 AM
Hello GoldieFR, I've taken away a few files and possibly fixed the issue, I believe.  Well attached is a package for you to try out.  Let me know if you get any errors when trying to install this one, k?

Thanks

thank you so much for your work !!!!
I'll have a look at this and I'll let you know asap.
SMF 2.0 RC3
my mods [nofollow]

GoldieFR

Congrats, Post Ratings installed successfully!                                   

thanks a lot !!!  ;D
my members will love it.
great job !! ;D
SMF 2.0 RC3
my mods [nofollow]

SoLoGHoST

Sure, so I take it this package worked for you with no errors?

SoLoGHoST

Advertisement: