[Tip] Additional Dropdown Menu for Curve Theme 2.0 RC3

Started by ScopeXL, January 15, 2010, 02:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScopeXL

try to echo anything where the menu should go. You could have a style that is setting display:none; possibly. Make sure its not nested between <!-- (menu code) --> HTML tags either, then it will just get ignored.

colby2152

Quote from: Scope XL on November 21, 2010, 03:28:09 PM
try to echo anything where the menu should go. You could have a style that is setting display:none; possibly. Make sure its not nested between <!-- (menu code) --> HTML tags either, then it will just get ignored.

It works on the regular curve theme but not my modified curve theme (RGBB Curve).
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

ScopeXL

Yea, I only designed it to work with default Curve. No curve variations have been tested. Theoretically if its a true curve variation it should work with minimal differences in the code edits.

Deaks

colby this should work for your theme post the fukes you edited and we can check the code.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

MarcusJ

I've made these edits on RC4, but only to the theme I am currently using.  It is curve based, but the menu is being aligned on the left side.

Do I need to edit the default template & my current theme? 

Also does anyone have a thought about why the menu isn't aligning properly?  It was working perfectly before on RC3.

colby2152

Quote from: Runic on November 23, 2010, 09:53:02 AM
colby this should work for your theme post the fukes you edited and we can check the code.

I had it working to the point at which it was directly under the dashboard carrot ^, no drop-down links were working, and the My Messages didn't show the number of new PMs.  I can figure out the last part as that has to do with subs.php, but why didn't the placement nor the drop-down links work?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

colby2152

Quote from: Scrooge on November 23, 2010, 09:53:02 AM

Fukes?

colby2152

I was able to get it working for my curve variation.  How do I remove the original menu, so that I don't have two menus?

colby2152

Quote from: colby2152 on December 14, 2010, 02:18:51 PM
I was able to get it working for my curve variation.  How do I remove the original menu, so that I don't have two menus?

To clarify.. I am using this mod to move my forum menu up to the very top.  I then want to remove the forum menu in addition to the news/search/user-info sections.

colby2152

Okay, so I have added the navigation menu to the top but one key problem... items like the number of new messages in brackets to the right of Messages do not appear.  Likewise, the logout / login-register buttons are not showing.

colby2152

tennis4you

Is there any way this can be made a mod?  This would be an amazing one!

steve51184

hi i have this installed on my forum and have been suing it for quite some time and i'm now having problems after changing smf's cache settings (apc)

it was on the default '1' but i changed it to '3' but now not matter if i have it set to 1,2 or 3 the menu just won't show

i've tried to clear the cache before and after but the only way i can get the menu to show now is to disable the cache

any ideas?

here's a few of the errors i get with cache set to 1,2 or 3:

error1:

8: Undefined variable: menu_buttonsTop
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /var/www/web8/web/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4637

line 4637 from Subs.php:

$context['custom_menu_buttons'] = $menu_buttonsTop;

error2:

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /var/www/web8/web/Themes/default/index.template.php
Line: 572

line 572 from index.template.php:

foreach ($context['custom_menu_buttons'] as $act => $button)

CapadY

Quote from: MarcusJ on November 23, 2010, 10:24:04 AM
I've made these edits on RC4, but only to the theme I am currently using.  It is curve based, but the menu is being aligned on the left side.

Maybe somebody solved this ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Masterd

Quote from: CapadY on June 04, 2011, 11:38:29 AM
Maybe somebody solved this ?

Actually, I did.

#top_section
{
min-height: 65px;
/*overflow: hidden;*/
margin-bottom: 3px;
}
#site_menu
{
padding: 12px 0 4px 1em;
margin: 0;
/*overflow: hidden;*/
font-size: 1.1em;
font-family: tahoma, sans-serif;
float: right;
}
h1.forumtitle
{
font-family: "Century Gothic", tahoma, sans-serif;
position: absolute;
}
#main_menu
{
margin-top: 1em;
}
#site_nav li a.active
{
background: url(../images/theme/menu_gfx.png) no-repeat 100% -31px;
}
#site_nav li a.active span.firstlevel
{
background: url(../images/theme/menu_gfx.png) no-repeat 0 -31px;
}

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Masterd

semyon19

How is work on RC5? I am did steps, writed in first message of this topic, but is not work. More errors of them. First on subs.php, second - on index.template.php Anybody know, how it solved for Curve RC5?

Thanks

Masterd

I got no errors on SMF 2.0 RC5. Wich mods do you have installed?

semyon19

ResizeImagesToFitScreen    0.1.6
YouTube BBCode    2.6
Board Viewers Mod    1.2.1.1b
SimplePortal 2.3.3

Advertisement: