SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awolexpat

Yes I did but had already backed up and removed fbc before I posted; the problem persists. I removed (and backed up in case it was needed)) whatever I could find relating to SA FB Connect which also included the FB_Connect folder (I think that was in the default theme folder) and from the Sources folder the FB_Connect.template.php and FB_Connect_admin.template.php files. I think there must be some code on another file somewhere or another file that needs to be removed but without the Parse info I'm stuck - any chance of reproducing that on here? I must admit I would be a bit surprised if there was still some code in an SMF 2 file as I never attempted to install SA FB_Connect once I had upgraded, but as there were old files still in existence that is more likely. The only other thing I am thinking is if deleting my old Facebook app and creating a new one would fix it, but I would rather deal with it from the SMF side first from a 'keeping my files tidy' perspective! Any help is most appreciated.

babalola olasehinde

pls after sucessfully installation of SA facebook in my smf 2.0 forum i am seeing this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in /home/seeker/
public_html/facebookauth/facebook.php on line 93

what could be wrong?

olufemo

Hi all.

Pls help with solution to this error

http://shareonnet.com/index.php?action=facebookintegrate;area=fbbp
8: Undefined variable: modSettingsFile: /public_html/shareonnet.com/Themes/default/Facebook.template.php (fbbp sub template - eval?)
Line: 178

bigger

Hello,

I think this mod is very very useful, but i cannot install it :( i was try 2 times.. but the results is the same, starting good i upload the mod, click on install, put the ftp username and password, check the connection, everything is good and when i click on install mod.. i have big problem. Give me screen like when you not have rights, the permission when the chmod of directories is other and cannot use the forum. The first time i reinstall all forum files + database and result is the same. I use hostgator account, contact with the support and they fixed the problem. But i really want to install this mod and try to download other version, oldest version and the results is the same.. again hostgator support, and they fixed the account.. what to do, why i have this problems when i install the mod? If i try to install the mod manually what will be the difference? I don't want to ask to fix my account for third time...

Smoerble

Couldn't find a solution to the error:

I don't add an application key -> No connection to facebook found

I add the App NameSpace as "application key": -> No connection to facebook found

I add the App Name as "application key": -> No connection to facebook found

Tha pp is registered (at FN/Advanced as "web").

Can you please tell me what I need to enter there?

I installed:
2.0 RC Rev34

I had no /forum/fbc/ folder
But I had a /forum/facebookauth/ folder. When I removed that one I got the following error:
QuoteFatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/bombrat.com/httpdocs/forum/facebookauth/facebook_canvas.js.php' (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/bombrat.com/httpdocs/forum/Sources/Facebook/FacebookHooks.php on line 91

awolexpat

Smoerble,
As far as I am aware, you need the facebookauth folder for this mod to work. However the fbc one comes from a previous version of the mod (Facebook Connect) as far as I know. It is a little confusing reading this thread from the start, because the mod has changed significantly from it's inception, so a lot of the advice on it is totally irrelevant to the current version. The problems I am having I think stem from the fact that the parse information from the old versions are now no longer available on SMF, which means I (and others) are unable to check by ourselves if there is some erroneous code, and I wish someone from the SA team would react to this - great mods but so far awful support. I know I can't really complain as it is free, but it does seem as if no one from the SA team is interested in dealing with problems.

You need your Application Key, Application ID and your Application Secret from Facebook entered correctly for this mod to work. I have no idea what you mean by "Tha pp is registered (at FN/Advanced as "web")." but I assume you are talking about your Facebook Application?

SA™

hmm im the only developer of this mod and do try to anser all the questions that get thrown at me just im realy busy in rl at the moment

i still have the old version if you realy need it?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

awolexpat

Hi SA,
Thanks for replying. I have now managed to find the original package from when I installed on SMF 1 and it doesn't look as though there were any edits to files (please correct me and list them if that is wrong though!). In the process though I discovered that I may have installed or tried to install on SMF 2 the REV21 version of Integration, so I am now going to check the parse for that one to see if there is some code somewhere from that causing a problem. I will post here when I have done so.

awolexpat

I have now carried out the check above, and can find no erroneous bits of code, so I am now looking at a possible conflict between the mods installed that appear in the Admin>Configuration>Modification Settings>Miscellaneous menu, which when clicked is what causes the message "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forum/facebookauth/facebook.php on line 93" to appear. As far as I can establish, this is the only menu item that causes this problem; the rest of that contextual menu items there when clicked on do not throw it up. If anyone has any help on this (as in they have come across this problem or something similar) I would really appreciate it. The mods I have installed that appear in that menu are:

Recent Topics On "Recent Posts" Page    1.2
Default Avatar    2.1
Custom Copyright    1.0.1
Country Flags    1.1.2
Force Topic Read On Login Mod    2.1

As far as I can tell, none of these have any Facebook connections, and the forum was working fine before installing SA Facebook Integration. I don't think it is these mods but will try uninstalling each one by one to see if the problem disappears. The other option I have to try is getting someone who knows the code to look at the Sources/ManageSettings.php file, as I believe it is this one that is getting called when I click that menu item. Again though, someone please correct me if that is wrong.

darcysarto

I've recently changed to the Vertex theme and the Connect with Facebook button no longer shows on the main forum screen.  Could you advise the code I need to add it manually.  Thank you.

Kindred

see the "Parse" mod option on the mod download page for manual installation instructions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

darcysarto

Quote from: Kindred on September 14, 2011, 04:17:38 PM
see the "Parse" mod option on the mod download page for manual installation instructions.

Ok I've tried that but I'm confused.  I know where I want the Connect With Facebook button I just need the code and it's not clear from the parse.  The mod is working from he login screen just not the main forum page.

Biology Forums

Quote from: darcysarto on September 14, 2011, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Kindred on September 14, 2011, 04:17:38 PM

Ok I've tried that but I'm confused.  I know where I want the Connect With Facebook button I just need the code and it's not clear from the parse.  The mod is working from he login screen just not the main forum page.

This is a difficult mod to parse, even though I'm an expert at parsing ;)

SA™

you wouldent find the code by parsing the mod it uses hooks to show that so there is no edits for it tho you theme will still need

sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']);

for it to show

to add it manualy goto social hooks in facebook admin and use the Hook - facebook login your just need to add that code where you want the button to show

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

darcysarto

Nikhil P Naik

how to show facebook connect on the index page of the smf...! help... 

awolexpat

Quote from: awolexpat on September 05, 2011, 09:20:20 PM
I have now carried out the check above, and can find no erroneous bits of code, so I am now looking at a possible conflict between the mods installed that appear in the Admin>Configuration>Modification Settings>Miscellaneous menu, which when clicked is what causes the message "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forum/facebookauth/facebook.php on line 93" to appear. As far as I can establish, this is the only menu item that causes this problem; the rest of that contextual menu items there when clicked on do not throw it up. If anyone has any help on this (as in they have come across this problem or something similar) I would really appreciate it. The mods I have installed that appear in that menu are:

Recent Topics On "Recent Posts" Page    1.2
Default Avatar    2.1
Custom Copyright    1.0.1
Country Flags    1.1.2
Force Topic Read On Login Mod    2.1

As far as I can tell, none of these have any Facebook connections, and the forum was working fine before installing SA Facebook Integration. I don't think it is these mods but will try uninstalling each one by one to see if the problem disappears. The other option I have to try is getting someone who knows the code to look at the Sources/ManageSettings.php file, as I believe it is this one that is getting called when I click that menu item. Again though, someone please correct me if that is wrong.

I have now removed all the other mods (listed above) that are in the section Admin>Configuration>Modification Settings>Miscellaneous menu, and the problem persists. I really do not want to get rid of the Facebook mod, but will now try uninstalling, deleting and then getting a fresh new package and installing.  Wish me luck...

awolexpat

OK, I'm a fast worker, but after uninstalling SA Facebook (but not deleting it) I checked the relevant menu now that I could and found one other mod - Users Online Today, which I also uninstalled. I then reinstalled the existing mod package for SA Facebook (it was the most up to date anyway) and it installed fine and that menu is still visible, even though there is nothing now in it!

I have to conclude that the Users Online Today was the mod causing the problem, but I am now going to reinstall some of the mods I had before (not all, as a couple I didn't really use) to see what happens, one by one. I will report back on here once I have. I hope this helps someone else anyway. If anyone who knows the code wants to delve deeper into why the Users Online Today mod causes the problem then i would be interested to know!

Edit: I have just realised that I had an older version of Users Online Today installed before - I have now installed the latest version and so far so good.

SA™

interesting find awolexpat ill take a look at thatjust now to see

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

awolexpat

OK thanks. I have now reinstalled all the previous mods except for Force Topic Read On Login Mod    2.1 which isn't one I have used and hasn't been updated for SMF 2 anyway, and no problems, no more Fatal Error! I guess it might have something to do with the order the mods are installed, but probably due to the Users Online Today older version I had. Thankfully the reinstalling didn't require much work, although the uninstalls all required manual edits!

Advertisement: