SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPLive

well I have asked for valid help for similar errors in my forum log for both SA Twitter and FB.  On here and in their forum. That was a month ago.  The only answer I got was that the creator is busy at school I think.  and yes their site is down, not that it has been updated sadly.

Being this and t. is such an important mod for SMF, extremely useful for large forums, somebody should pick it up and continue.  That's my vote.
Developer can't log in and give a status update all this time? my site is non-profit and a huge community... for over 10 years that I always give updates through thick and thin. 

@wf22

I have it working correctly on 2.0.1 with the latest version but I have errors in my log with both this one and twitter one.  Twitter one also has a cpu hogging issue that brought my vps to a halt. See twitter thread here for that as I see others had issues.

http://www.mysite.com/index.php/topic,25794.0.html
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: current_board
Function: get_boardsfb
File: /home/xx/public_html/forum/Sources/Facebook/FacebookHooks.php
Line: 834

is the FB error.  notice the file url seems correct but the topic link on the first line does NOT include my forum's directory /forum.  not sure why and if this is because of simple portal or something else.  Error says 'critical'.    Twitter I get the same error in the error log for twiterhooks.php.  also a couple other twitter errors but thats for that thread.

www.ChineseDemocracy.com Your Guns N Roses Forum

awolexpat

BPLive,
I agree this is an important mod for SMF, but equally the creator of this and all the other free goodies available have put in a lot of work to bring them to us; while it is good when they are able to help us fix any problems, others in the SMF community will also step in if there is enough information provided to allow them to do so. Obviously some real life issues are affecting SA's ability to help, and clearly one of these has something to do with the website. I don't think SA has dropped this or other mods but that is just a guess as I don't know, but it seems highly unlikely given how active SA has been in the past; I think you are being a little premature in voting that someone else takes over the mod.

I was having issues with the mod previously, and it was pretty clear that there was some sort of conflict with another mod, although I never managed to work out which one - however I uninstalled, deleted and then reinstalled the latest version of the mod and all my previous problems disappeared. Whether this would fix anyone else's problems I don't know, but it works perfectly now. Sometimes the order that mods are installed affects how well they work I think. I also have some problems with the Twitter Integration mod but as far as I can tell these are just entries in the error log that don't actually interfere with the mod's operation. Irritating but not crucial so I am just waiting patiently until the author is able to address them.

As regards your error, I have never had that as I think it is because I don't have any boards being published by the mod, because I use another mod (Simple Twitter) which publishes posts to Twitter, and then an app (TwitterFeed) that then publishes those to Facebook - I already had this set up so never enabled the publishing of the boards in SA Facebook Integration (or SA Twitter for that matter). While it would be a convoluted way around your errors, it might be worth a try, or at least turn off the board publishing to see if it stops the errors, which then tells us where the errors lie. I am only guessing here though but the function: get_boardsfb seems to suggest that is the area causing the problem.

Let us know how you get on as obviously someone else may be having the same issue. I am no expert so please be gentle if it doesn't work!

SA™

pls be paptient with me i have been too busy with college and work at nights so you can imagin why i havent been active here or my site tomorrow ill be finished @ work  so ill be more active here by next week

SA Mods aint going noware :P

my site will be back up in a few days just waiting for my check to clear

for your error bplive you can try this

in that file

if(!empty($_GET['topic'])){
      get_boardsfb('com_enable',$board);
    }

replace with

if(!empty($board)){
      get_boardsfb('com_enable',$board);
    }

find

if(!empty($_GET['topic'])){
   get_boardsfb('like_enable',$board);
    }

replace with

if(!empty($board)){
   get_boardsfb('like_enable',$board);
    }

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

nend

I was wondering what happened to the site. I am currently using your Facebook and Twitter Connect, haven't had a problem with any of them. If there was something I could fix about it, you know I will tell you. lol

~DS~

Quote from: SA™ on October 24, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
pls be paptient with me i have been too busy with college and work at nights so you can imagin why i havent been active here or my site tomorrow ill be finished @ work  so ill be more active here by next week

SA Mods aint going noware :P

my site will be back up in a few days just waiting for my check to clear
You are alive? How can you? :P
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

pariofdreamz

Hello

I m using facebook integration mod on my smf site version 2.0.1. My problem is that members who are coming from facebook use connect with facebook button but they are not able to login on smf ... can any one help me in  this .... what m i missing ????

:'( :'( :'(

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in this world as IMPOSSIBLE itself says I M POSSIBLE

trekkie2444

Can someone please help me out with my previous post? I'm getting the white page when I click on the redirect now after I install the mod on 2.0.1, and I was told that my server has json and curl functions, so I'm not sure what else could be causing this.

!RFAN

BPLive

awolexpat  thanks for the suggestions and yea I understand.   I don't understand too much about history of SA, don't worry about my vote.  :)   looks like some of us run around TOO busy, me included

SA thanks man... I will try that out.  Glad to know that SA isn't going anywhere  :)  and for the first time a powerful mod such as yours got me in a frenzy ;)

Was pullin' many hours & had worries is all.   I'll post a detailed report if this work
www.ChineseDemocracy.com Your Guns N Roses Forum

kenng

managed to install and working. Head over the facebook menubar, what's on your mind button doesnt work?

Spoogs

Quote from: !RFAN on October 23, 2011, 02:49:49 AM
i dont know whether anyone else has reported it or not.
after installing this mod whenever i go to http://www.amigozone.com/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general

i am getting this error: http://www.amigozone.com/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general

can i have ANY solution?

What is the error?

Spoogs

Quote from: kenng on October 29, 2011, 10:11:15 PM
managed to install and working. Head over the facebook menubar, what's on your mind button doesnt work?
Just saying is doesn't work is so vague... what is it doing or not doing? It is working just fine for me.

Spoogs

Quote from: pariofdreamz on October 24, 2011, 03:49:40 PM
Hello

I m using facebook integration mod on my smf site version 2.0.1. My problem is that members who are coming from facebook use connect with facebook button but they are not able to login on smf ... can any one help me in  this .... what m i missing ????

:'( :'( :'(

Have they actually registered on your site... just clicking the connect with facebook button wont get them right in... the info to complete the registration is right there after the click the button... A little more info would be helpful as well. A link to your site to try and test would be helpful also.

!RFAN

Quote from: Spoogs on October 30, 2011, 01:42:22 AM
after installing this mod whenever i go to http://www.amigozone.com/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general

i am getting this error: http://www.amigozone.com/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general

can i have ANY solution?

What is the error?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SAFacebook in /home/amigozon/public_html/facebookauth/facebook.php on line 93

trekkie2444

Well, someday someone might respond to me.

Iomega0318

Quote from: trekkie2444 on November 01, 2011, 04:12:08 AM
I know the feeling.. but patience is a virtue... or was :P
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

SA™

what php version you using?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

trekkie2444

Quote from: SA™ on November 01, 2011, 11:46:51 AM

what php version you using?

phpMyAdmin - 2.11.9.6

MySQL client version: 5.0.77

SA™

that isnt your php version if you are unsure speak to your host

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

Quote from: !RFAN on October 30, 2011, 03:07:00 PM
Quote from: Spoogs on October 30, 2011, 01:42:22 AM

can i have ANY solution?

What is the error?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SAFacebook in /home/amigozon/public_html/facebookauth/facebook.php on line 93

there is a post a few back about this it is the users online today mod that causes this issue tho i can not replicate it with the newest version of that  mod

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: