News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

That is not an error, this is just a line of code... From the other mod, I might add...   What is the actual error?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SA™

the error is this with enotfy

this is what you get when loggin in with facebook
({ "title": "Notification Feed", "generator": "ENotify Modification for Simple Machines Forum", "items": [ ] })

user is unable to login with fb with enotfy
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Nitesh Kunnath

Thanks a lot SA for providing the solution and clarifying my doubts in timely manner.
You are great !!!

I will try it out and will report you back if whether the provided solution working or not !!! :)

zoopark

hello i have a question . i install the packet facebook integrate in my smf 2.1.1 and i have the problem when i unistall the pack my forum lost , no page no posts nothing, only with the pack instaled works again, the second problem is ,with unistalled the pack facebook i make a buck up my data base from my control panel because the forum have lost ,and i install a new forum in new folder with new data base name ,so i need my users buck and all the posts and i make buck up the data base to the new forum, and all ok but here is the problem it is coming with all facebook integrate data without the pack installed, how can clean this? and why my forum lost whithout the pack
? thanks.
ps: for the smf admins please change that verification code is to hard you need change more than 15 pictures to post or register.

SA™

what happens white page?
anything in your error logs

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

zoopark

error 404 no page found , i try everything no logs error

SA™

what about your server error logs

link to site?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

zoopark

no any wrong log from server all look works good but the problem is the smf dont have conect with the data base ,some times you can see the smf but you cant see any post all pages is empty and i have to install again the facebook integration to solve the problem .this problem start when i unistall the old revision and i install the new 47 .. and thats it i lost my smf for 2 days my site close . i instaled from the package manager and unistaled from the same way.

SA™

did you use any of the social hooks before updating?

your need to remove them before updating cos there handeld different now

i find it hard to belive there is no errors in server error logs realy with out any clues it like looking for a needle in a haystack

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

zoopark

I UNCHEK ALL HOOKS I DEACTIVATE IT AND AFTER I UNISTALL IT THEN I LOAD THE NEW PACK AND I INSTALL IT AND MY FORUM LOST .AFTER THE PROBLEM I UNISTALL AGAIN I CLEAN ALL FILES FROM THIS PACK IN THE FOLDERS OF THE FORUM BUT THIS PACK SOMEWHERE IN THE DATA BASE INSTALL SOMETHING AND I MUST DELETE FROM THERE I THINK TO SOLVE THIS BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE IS THIS AND WHAT NAME HAVE . maby is the only way to clean my data base fron any of the pack but i cant find it.

TheDel

Love this mod but did notice that when installed I cannot update my blocks in Tiny Portal. The screen is just blank. I do realize that Tiny Portal is just a mod like this one and not part of the basic SMF. I have updated versions of all 3- SMF, TP and SAFB and once I uninstall SAFB, I can pull up the modify page but once its back, its a nogo.

Any ideas since many people DO use TP and this mod has been very useful? The work around is fine- but would be easier if I didnt have to constantly install/uninstall it all the time.

Nitesh Kunnath

@Author of the mod:

I tried with this code inorder for Enotify+SA Facebook to work :

if ((!empty($_SESSION['login_url']) && strpos($_SESSION['login_url'], 'enotify')) || empty($_SESSION['login_url'])){

Now, the login issue has been solved. But I am getting a strange error of 503 Service Unavailable at certain pages/urls like in moderator panel, admin features, Profile edit page, etc

I have attached the screenshot for more info (You can see the URL too where I am getting this error)

Ian Holl

I've so say successfully installed Facebook Integration, although when I go to it via its tab on the left it just states my name, username, email adress user ID, and location - with my Facebook profile pic on the right.  I've got the options "invite your friends, your friends what's on your mind?"

This is no interaction etc...  Has Facebook Integration installed properly?  My other problem is when I log out I'm taken back to the forum which is still visible when it's a private forum.  But if I select the Simple Portal's home tab it takes me to the correct logged out log in page.

Can someone please advise me

Cheers Ian

SA™

@TheDel im not finding any issues with tp my end is there anything iin the error logs and server error logs?

@die2mrw007 the code change wouldent of caused this cos that file edited has nothing todo with them actions
the 503 service unavailable error is an HTTP status code that means the web sites server is simply not available right now Most of the time this is because the server is too busy or because there's maintenance being performed on it is this still happening?

@Ian Holl you have to configar the mode in the admin panel for the mod

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

thecoo1est

I installed sa facebook on my forum and it all seemed to work well or okay for me. However, when I signed in on my regular user account for test I encountered problems accessing the forum page, it will be all white, The home page shows up though, I use adk portal, not sure if it conflicts with it or not, but Im confused because signed in as administrator I dont have a problem its only regular user accounts, when I uninstall sa facebook there is no problems. I also have a question, is there not a way to use facebook account info so that the user doesnt need to fill in a user name or password? Just curious, because it seems like this doesnt make it any easier. Thanks in advance and thanks for your hard work!

SA™

if the user doesnt fill in a password they wouldnt no what there pass is so if facebook was down they wouldnt be able to login or they wanted to udate there profile or somthing they wouldnt be able to do so

need more info like errors? in site error logs and server error logs? a white page mean a php fatal error so there should be a clue in your server error logs
is this the site in your sig?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

thecoo1est

yea, I get no errors, and I dont understand, sometimes as a "regular user" if I refresh the page a few times sometimes it will load, but it can take 1 refresh or sometimes 20, but it only happens with my regular user test accounts.

SA™

QuoteI get no errors
not even in the server error logs? these are the error logs in your hosting control panel not smf

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

TheDel

Quote from: SA™ on December 07, 2011, 04:55:56 PM
@TheDel im not finding any issues with tp my end is there anything iin the error logs and server error logs?

SA- Ill check-
Also just noticed that it wont update profiles. Made a change, clicked to save and screen went blank. Uninstalled SAFB and was able to save.
UPDATE
No log errors on SMF or server. However when I was installing it again, this error popped up in the log
2: copy(/home/type1par/public_html/Packages/temp/lang/Facebook.portuguese_pt-utf8.php) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
and
2: file_get_contents(/home/type1par/public_html/Packages/temp/lang/Facebook.portuguese_pt-utf8.php) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

thecoo1est

Quote from: SA™ on December 07, 2011, 06:05:24 PM
QuoteI get no errors
not even in the server error logs? these are the error logs in your hosting control panel not smf
hmm, I dont know, I use godaddy and filezilla for my ftp, btw I seen you on my psvita site :D, Im not using the facebook on that site, the site Im having problems with is mydebateblog.com, I have facebook uninstalled atm so that if peole do go there they wont have problems, I will try to find the error logs at godaddy and get back to you.

Advertisement: