News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.4 released

Started by Grudge, June 05, 2005, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

as I noted in the mambo birdge discussion area...   the best way to install this patch is to go to the forum directly... bypass mambo, because mambo likes to have control of file permissions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xtremecruiser

>:(  ./Sources/Subs.php     Failure
Dam I hate a manual install of something, I am having Yabb 1.3X flashback.
I know I can manually do it by editing the file but why push out a update that is not ready and has issues with "Faster Parsecode" esp since it was just updated to work with version 1.03 ?

Tried it on 3 systems that I have and had the same failure on each, some are heavily modified, some are not, but they all have Faster Parsecode ;D

Ben_S

Quote from: xtremecruiser on June 08, 2005, 08:11:02 AM
Dam I hate a manual install of something, I am having Yabb 1.3X flashback.
I know I can manually do it by editing the file but why push out a update that is not ready and has issues with "Faster Parsecode" esp since it was just updated to work with version 1.03 ?

The upgrade is ready, it was released to fix a potential security hole, it can't be helped if the changes made conflict with mods.

Can you not uninstall the conflicting mod and then update?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Kindred

Yes... this has been discussed many times in this thread.   The patch will not work (auto-install) with Faster Parse Code.

As for pushing out the update....  it IS ready.  Faster Parse Code is a MOD (aka a hack). If you install any mod, you are changing your system from the baseline. ..  and the developers of SMF release patches and updates to be applied to the baseline system. They can't (and should not) cater to all the various mods that COULD affect a patch...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ben_S

Quote from: groovie on June 08, 2005, 07:57:23 AM
An Error Has Occurred!
2: fopen(/home/*****/public_html/forum/changelog.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/*****/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

The files need to be writable, chmod them to 777.

Ben_S

Quote from: din1031 on June 08, 2005, 06:06:26 AM
Hi there,
could you please add the Version 1.0.4. in the mod part of this site :).

No need to, it's in the package manager section of any 1.0.3 installation.

groovie

Quote from: Kindred on June 08, 2005, 07:59:38 AM
as I noted in the mambo birdge discussion area...   the best way to install this patch is to go to the forum directly... bypass mambo, because mambo likes to have control of file permissions.

should i be posting these probs elsewhere, its getting a bit hectic here!

i was in the forum area, logged in and just went to package manager, is this what you mean?

ps i read somewhere changing permission would help so i tried, still didnt help, so i undid the changes and now i have this when i try to apply the mod from the package manager (its getting messy!):

Apply Mod
Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions.

Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive smf_1-0-4_package.tar.gz:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./changelog.txt    Failure
2.    Execute Modification    ./changelog-themes.txt    Failure
3.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Failure
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Success
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Success
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Admin.template.php    Success
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Admin.english.php    Success
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Success

FTP Information Required
Some of the files this package needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and chmoding the files.

edit: to make things easier to follow groovie's probs are now in the bridge area here - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=38154.msg279041#msg279041

Grudge

groovie,

Do you by any chance not have changelog.txt or changelog-themes.txt in your install?

Also, the problem with index.php is you are not using the standard version number, check it's correct.

For all the people having problems with files ending in ~, this is the package manager trying to make backup files. You need to chmod the DIRECTORY which the files sit in to be writable (777 or similar), this needs to be done for the forums root directory, Sources, Themes/default and Themes/default/languages - alternatively turn off "Create Backup" from Settings.
I'm only a half geek really...

groovie

Quote from: Grudge on June 08, 2005, 08:33:52 AM
groovie,

Do you by any chance not have changelog.txt or changelog-themes.txt in your install?

Also, the problem with index.php is you are not using the standard version number, check it's correct.

For all the people having problems with files ending in ~, this is the package manager trying to make backup files. You need to chmod the DIRECTORY which the files sit in to be writable (777 or similar), this needs to be done for the forums root directory, Sources, Themes/default and Themes/default/languages - alternatively turn off "Create Backup" from Settings.

thanks for reply, to make things easier to follow, groovie's probs are now in the bridge area:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=38154.msg279041#msg279041

EDIT:  if anyone can help i am still having probs so, please, come over!! :)

raedzaro

can any one tell me what files exactly changed?

Grudge

Important ones:
Admin.php
Subs.php
Profile.template.php
Admin.template.php
Admin language files

All of the others are just version numbering.

DDT

Having done my best at the aforementioned suggestions, feeble as it may be, and still being unable to resolve the problem with Spam-Me-Not if anyone comes up with a "fix" or work around for this or a way to uninstall Spam-Me-Not I would still greatly appreciate the help.

raedzaro

I did update those files and run upgrade but nothing happened

Mike Frith

Thank you guys... upgraded in a few seconds lol... great work and no problems  ;D

Aaron

Super! It took me only 12 minutes for me to update all the forums I maintain. :D

Aaron.

Grudge

raedzaro, the version number will only change if you also upload index.php. If you uploaded all the files in my previous post that is enough for the "fixes" to be made.

Grudge

For someone using Spam-me-not, what happens if you replace the current spam-me-not zip file in your Packages directory with the attached version? I imagine it was because you installed it on 1.0.2 then upgraded to 1.0.3 where there are no uninstall actions defined - I've basically just added an uninstall action for it.

raedzaro

ping

Help! Got this result:
QuoteUpgrading...
[snip]
Converting attachments, topics, and messages... Successful.

Converting members and personal messages... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT ID_MEMBER, im_ignore_list, gender, secretAnswer
    FROM yabbPing_members
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'im_ignore_list' in 'field list'

What did I do wrong? How can I fix it? I don't have an im_ignore_list in my database, but there's a pm_ignore_list. Should I just rename?
One Ping Only

mennou

An Error Has Occurred!
2: copy(/usr/home/mixspot/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/Spam-me-not.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /usr/home/mixspot/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 814 

Advertisement: