News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.4 released

Started by Grudge, June 05, 2005, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

I used the package manager too but it failed.  I downloaded the upgrade package.  Uploaded to the server using ftp  and ran the upgrade.php file.

http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php

I downloaded this file from the above link

smf_1-0-4_update.zip

!Hachi!

welll every thing goes fine  but current templates version didn't change.any idea?
       Current Templates   1.0.1      1.0.4

Happy Ramadan

culpeper

Quote from: hassan on June 08, 2005, 11:23:59 PM
welll every thing goes fine  but current templates version didn't change.any idea?

I think that depends on what your current theme is.  I could be wrong though.  This is my first upgrade.

!Hachi!

I think that depends on what your current theme is.  I could be wrong though.  This is my first upgrade.
thanks for reply profile.template.php is giving ******   anyway i already upgraded what should i do now?by the way can i uninstall 1.0.4 upgrade?
Happy Ramadan

culpeper

Quote from: hassan on June 08, 2005, 11:28:57 PM

thanks for reply profile.template.php is giving ******   anyway i already upgraded what should i do now?by the way can i uninstall 1.0.4 upgrade?

If you didn't use the upgrade package the only thing I can suggest you do is...

QuoteI used the package manager too but it failed.  I downloaded the upgrade package.  Uploaded to the server using ftp  and ran the upgrade.php file.

http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php

I downloaded this file from the above link

smf_1-0-4_update.zip

I'll defer to support people to catch up with this thread and reply about uinstalling a upgrade.

[Unknown]

Quote from: culpeper on June 08, 2005, 09:59:37 PM
Now, the Sources, and Default Templates above both state 1.0.4

Current Templates may stay old.  Check Admin.template.php and index.template.php, which should both be newer than 1.0.

Quote from: edchapman on June 08, 2005, 10:52:05 PM
I get this message

3. Execute Modification   ./index.php   Failure

Should I "Procced"?

No.  There's some problem, and it cannot be installed.  Failure has nothing to do with chmod; only with actually not being able to make the changes.

You may have to use the regular upgrade.

Quote from: hassan on June 08, 2005, 11:23:59 PM

The upgrader has no way to know what themes you might have installed.  Check with the theme authors for updates, if any are necessary.

Quote from: hassan on June 08, 2005, 11:28:57 PM

The changes to the Profile template are non-critical and may likely never affect you.  You can safely ignore it.

-[Unknown]

culpeper

QuoteCurrent Templates may stay old.  Check Admin.template.php and index.template.php, which should both be newer than 1.0.

admin.template.php is current to 1.0.4.  index.template.php is 1.0 but I think that is because it is Bloc's Simplicity Theme.

[Unknown]

That should be fine, then ;).

-[Unknown]

edchapman

Quote from: edchapman on June 08, 2005, 10:52:05 PM
I get this message

3. Execute Modification   ./index.php   Failure

Should I "Procced"?

No.  There's some problem, and it cannot be installed.  Failure has nothing to do with chmod; only with actually not being able to make the changes.

You may have to use the regular upgrade.

-[Unknown]

I did the regular update and all went well except I can not access the Arcade now. When I hit the "games" button it just takes me back to the main forum page.

edchapman

I'm also get this error in each post.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: barexp() in /hsphere/local/home/firebran/christianyouthforum.com/CYF/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 349

dtm.exe

QuoteI did the regular update and all went well except I can not access the Arcade now. When I hit the "games" button it just takes me back to the main forum page.

Nothing to worry about.  A lot of mods will require updating for this version of SMF.  See the SMF Arcade Mod thread for details.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.0

-Dan The Man

carhartt

update worked fint (till now ;) ).

great job! :)

carhartt.
straight is great! ;)

edchapman

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on June 09, 2005, 01:03:58 AM
QuoteI did the regular update and all went well except I can not access the Arcade now. When I hit the "games" button it just takes me back to the main forum page.

Nothing to worry about.  A lot of mods will require updating for this version of SMF.  See the SMF Arcade Mod thread for details.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.0

-Dan The Man

I'm not seeing anything on this issue. Are you suggesting that I make a post in that thread rather than here?

dtm.exe

Quote from: edchapman on June 09, 2005, 01:14:02 AM
I'm not seeing anything on this issue. Are you suggesting that I make a post in that thread rather than here?

Yes.  Tell the author of the mod that the mod is incompatible with SMF 1.0.4 and he/she will recode it.

-Dan The Man

edchapman

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on June 09, 2005, 01:16:15 AM
Quote from: edchapman on June 09, 2005, 01:14:02 AM

Yes.  Tell the author of the mod that the mod is incompatible with SMF 1.0.4 and he/she will recode it.

-Dan The Man

I see it's working on other sites... I wonder if something just went wrong with the update to 1.0.4.

dtm.exe

Quote from: edchapman on June 09, 2005, 01:21:57 AM
I see it's working on other sites... I wonder if something just went wrong with the update to 1.0.4.

It could be; but the author of the mod is more likely to help you better because he knows the mod and he may know a fix for this.

-Dan The Man

trenchteam

Quote from: edchapman on June 09, 2005, 12:59:43 AM

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: barexp() in /hsphere/local/home/firebran/christianyouthforum.com/CYF/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 349

I had the same error.  just uninstall the bar of experience mod.

edchapman

Quote from: trenchteam on June 09, 2005, 02:07:02 AM

I had the same error.  just uninstall the bar of experience mod.

yeah.. I have nothing in the posts... just that error.  I tried to uninstall the bar of experience mod in the Package manager and I get an error.
2: unlink(/hsphere/local/home/firebran/christianyouthforum.com/CYF/Packages/temp/$auto_0.txt): Permission denied
File: /hsphere/local/home/firebran/christianyouthforum.com/CYF/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 910
If that's the problem how do I unstall it?

[Unknown]

You'll want to clear your installed mods list (you should have uploaded that file, actually) and reinstall the mod.

-[Unknown]

guilliam

im having hesitations to upgrade since the feedbacks of our fellows about the signature.. BUT if i upgrade to the latest.. is there a SAFE and EASY way to go back to the older version (1.0.3) without restoring a full site backup?
----
SMF ported on Joomla:
http://www.jcip-zugbuana.org

Advertisement: