News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodiq

I figured out my problem.... thanks....

Compuart

Quote from: maharg on October 29, 2005, 12:16:03 PM
Has anyone tried doing a vbulletin3 conversion to 1.1RC1? I have it not copying any posts over at all, and refusing to put any of the forums in the correct categories -- instead they go into the recovered forums area, despite the fact that in the database the correct categories seem to have been created.
If you like, I can take a look at the database to see what's going wrong?

QuoteNo errors are reported (Successful!) until it gets to stats recalculating forum statistics, at which point it gives a completely unrelated one about the IMs:

SELECT mem.ID_MEMBER, COUNT(pmr.ID_PM) AS realNum, mem.instantMessages
     FROM members AS mem
     LEFT JOIN pm_recipients AS pmr ON (mem.ID_MEMBER = pmr.ID_MEMBER AND pmr.deleted = 0)
     GROUP BY mem.ID_MEMBER
     HAVING realNum != instantMessages;

No database selected

I have no problem with the stats error, as smf seems perfectly capable of rebuilding its own stats anyways. It's the other stuff that's not working.
This seems to come from the 1.0 converter, right? You might wanna try the 1.1 converter as it can deal better with large databases.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

oojacoboo

Hey, I am working with simpleboard 1.0.4 b2 and SMF 1.1 RC1.  I have done a clean install of SMF then I applied the converter.  and I get the following error.

QuoteConverting members...Successful.
Converting categories...Successful.
Converting boards...Successful.
Converting topics...Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)...Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `macmodc_smf`.smf_log_notify
    (ID_MEMBER, ID_TOPIC)
    VALUES ('217', '13'),
    ('142', '16'),
    ('226', '13'),
    ('226', '23'),
    ('226', '4'),

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '0-1421-0' for key 1

Here is what I am calling...   http://dev.macmod.com/convert/convert.php?step=1&debug=0 [nofollow]

Any ideas?  I have downloaded the latest files from this thread.  Are there newer ones in which I am unaware?  Thanks - Jacob

Compuart

Try replacing:
Code (simpleboard_to_smf.sql) Select

SELECT userid AS ID_MEMBER, thread AS ID_TOPIC

by:

SELECT DISTINCTROW userid AS ID_MEMBER, thread AS ID_TOPIC
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

oojacoboo

great, that fixed it!  Had some issues with a few other things, but nothing I can't work out on my own now.

Attachments with a few issues, avatars didn't transfer, etc.  The only thing I wish I could fix is that each thread being displayed in a category or via a search doesn't show the number of replies.  Any ideas on this one?

EDIT:  Also, the ID_GROUP needs a little work.  The administrators don't get transferred, moderators do though.
EDIT2:  Would also be nice if the escaped quotes could be restored.  Not a huge issue, just a note.

maharg

Quote from: Compuart on November 08, 2005, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: maharg on October 29, 2005, 12:16:03 PM
Has anyone tried doing a vbulletin3 conversion to 1.1RC1? I have it not copying any posts over at all, and refusing to put any of the forums in the correct categories -- instead they go into the recovered forums area, despite the fact that in the database the correct categories seem to have been created.
If you like, I can take a look at the database to see what's going wrong?

QuoteNo errors are reported (Successful!) until it gets to stats recalculating forum statistics, at which point it gives a completely unrelated one about the IMs:

SELECT mem.ID_MEMBER, COUNT(pmr.ID_PM) AS realNum, mem.instantMessages
     FROM members AS mem
     LEFT JOIN pm_recipients AS pmr ON (mem.ID_MEMBER = pmr.ID_MEMBER AND pmr.deleted = 0)
     GROUP BY mem.ID_MEMBER
     HAVING realNum != instantMessages;

No database selected

I have no problem with the stats error, as smf seems perfectly capable of rebuilding its own stats anyways. It's the other stuff that's not working.
This seems to come from the 1.0 converter, right? You might wanna try the 1.1 converter as it can deal better with large databases.

I wouldn't be posting in this thread if it were the 1.0 converter ;) It's 1.1 I'm interested in, due to its support of explicit use of caching mechanisms like memcache, and the 1.0 converter doesn't even try to convert to a 1.1.

Allowing a 3rd party to directly access the database would be problematic. If you have any ideas as to what you'd look for, that'd be good. Otherwise I'll just have to wait until I have some real time to dedicate to looking into how the whole converter actually works. The fact that it does not appear to even try to copy over posts is the most strange thing to me.

charlottezweb

I'm trying to convert a phpbb 2.0.17 board to 1.1.rc1

I'm getting:

Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `xxxx_xxxxxx`.smf_topics
    (ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_BOARD, ID_POLL, locked, numReplies, numViews)

bunches of numbers...

Caused the error:
    Duplicate entry '2' for key 1

Any suggestions?  Am I using an incorrect convertor?  The one in the dl's section is outdated and won't work.

Thanks,
Jason

Compuart

The board you're converting from contains some integrity errors that prevent topics to be inserted. Most likely some of the topics have equal last messages. The easiest way to work around it is to change the indexes of the topics table to non-unique indexes:
ALTER TABLE smf_topics
DROP INDEX lastMessage,
DROP INDEX firstMessage,
DROP INDEX poll,
ADD INDEX lastMessage (ID_LAST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
ADD INDEX firstMessage (ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
ADD INDEX poll (ID_POLL, ID_TOPIC)

After everything is converted, you can use the 'repair boards' function and readd the unique indexes if you like.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

charlottezweb

Thank you for your response!

Do I query this on the empty smf table like you said above?  Or did you mean for this to be run on the phpbb's table?   The SMF install is clean/empty.

Would it be easier to remove 1.1rc1 and install a clean 1.0.5 and try one of the existing convertors?

Regards,
Jason

Compuart

Quote from: charlottezweb on November 10, 2005, 12:12:56 PMDo I query this on the empty smf table like you said above?  Or did you mean for this to be run on the phpbb's table?   The SMF install is clean/empty.
Yes on the empty SMF table. What it does is to redefine the indexes on the table to be non-unique, so that if records are added, no error is given on duplicate indexed records.

QuoteWould it be easier to remove 1.1rc1 and install a clean 1.0.5 and try one of the existing convertors?
The 1.1 converter should be more reliable than the 1.0.5 one. Besides, the above error will be in both converters.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

charlottezweb

Great, thanks.  I will try that. 

Last question for now  :)

You said:
QuoteAfter everything is converted, you can use the 'repair boards' function and readd the unique indexes if you like.[/quoute]

Will repair boards readd the unique indexes or is that something that will need to be queried manually?

If I don't do that, what will be missing? 

TIA,
Jason

Compuart

Repair boards won't change the table structure, but it will correct the errors that apparently are in your phpBB install. Adding the unique indexes back is something that'll only increase speed a little and can be done by the query:
ALTER TABLE smf_topics
DROP INDEX lastMessage,
DROP INDEX firstMessage,
DROP INDEX poll,
ADD UNIQUE lastMessage (ID_LAST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
ADD UNIQUE firstMessage (ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
ADD UNIQUE poll (ID_POLL, ID_TOPIC)
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

charlottezweb

Thank you so much!!

Will try this tonight/tomorrow.

Regards,
Jason

Compuart

The converters in the first message have been updated. They should now all be compatible with MySQL 5.0.12. Also some queries have been adjusted to prevent the 'illegal mix of collations' error. A new converter has been added: e107.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

ringerpost.com

if anybody has succesfully converted from eblah to smf please let me know.

also how does the converter handling attachment files and user permissions (i.e. moderators)?

spicyjoe

hey, i am using myBB pr2 and i wanna convert to smf (any version).... but i tried putting the sql file into my smf directory and myBB directory but it doesn't work... it just shows plan text... i converter the sql file into php and its still the same... i try putting the sql file thru my phpmyadmin and it still doesn't work.. any help?

Daniel D.

Did you use convert.php?

charlottezweb

Quote from: charlottezweb on November 10, 2005, 12:42:43 PM
Thank you so much!!

Will try this tonight/tomorrow.

As an update, your first query did the trick and the convert.php worked like a charm.   I wasn't able to successfully run the second one.  It errored out but from your earlier posts, it seems it's not necessary.

It somehow altered the tld of the domain name so I had to alter that in a few files and in smf_settings via phpmyadmin.

Also, avatar sizing is not correct, even after adjusting it in the admin section.  If I have them select a different one and then revert back, it sizes it back down.  Otherwise, a 100x100 pixel avatar (for example) was showing many times larger.

All minor things -- overall, I'm impressed with the conversion.  Basically painless!

Thanks!!

-Jason

spicyjoe

Quote from: Daniel D. on November 11, 2005, 11:09:21 AM
Did you use convert.php?
erm, i just uploaded mybb_to_smf.sql and run it.... i didn't recall any script thats convert.php....

Compuart

It's in the first message of this topic.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Personal Signature:

Advertisement: