Parse Error when upgrading 1.1.11 to 2.0 in Load.php on line 290

Started by HentzDynasty, July 16, 2010, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HentzDynasty

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/.joy/somethingelsetv/somethingelsetv.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 290

Get this error when I upgrade.  I get through the "Change Database" step (or whatever) and get this message when I hit continue to upgrade the themes.  Any help?

BTW, I'm extremely new to php so I hope it's not because I did something extremely stupid and irreversible.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

cicka

Quote from: HentzDynasty on July 16, 2010, 11:59:58 AM
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/.joy/somethingelsetv/somethingelsetv.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 290

Get this error when I upgrade.  I get through the "Change Database" step (or whatever) and get this message when I hit continue to upgrade the themes.  Any help?

BTW, I'm extremely new to php so I hope it's not because I did something extremely stupid and irreversible.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Can you try to reupload again the Load.php file? Or better yet, reupload all the files.

HentzDynasty

just reuploaded the load.php file with no change.  I'll try re-uploading the entire forum directory and see what happens.  wish me luck.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

QuoteI did something extremely stupid and irreversible.
I hope that you have backed up your forum database specially :P

Good Luck with the file replacements. :)

HentzDynasty

just re-uploaded the entire directory and still no luck.  Any known solve?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Hmm, when does this show up? When you try to access any particular file?

HentzDynasty

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Do you ask the upgrader to upgrade your mods for you? Say no to it and leave the database entries in the database. Then proceed.

HentzDynasty

now it's happening when I attempt to move to step Three.

xenovanis

How do you upload the files, HentzDynasty? Are you using an ftp-client or using your cPanel?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

HentzDynasty

I used the built-in FTP in Dreamweaver CS4.  I originally tried using the webinstall.php, but that was giving me errors when trying to log into the FTP (even though the information was 100% correct), so I just saved all the files in my local folder and FTP'd them to my server.  When I then directed my browser to the upgrade.php the page said that all files were accounted for and in the right place.

xenovanis

Dreamweaver is know for corrupting pure php files. That's probably what  your problem is.

I'd suggest using a 'real' ftp-client, like FTP Commander or Filezilla.

Note that there is a bug in Filezilla concerning uploads, see for a workaround here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=374178.0

Or you'll get stuck on the same issue again  ;)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

HentzDynasty

I just deleted then re-uploaded the file using Fetch (since it was already on my computer.)  Same error.

Does it help to say that I'm on a Macbook running snow leopard?

xenovanis

Did you open any and save of the files with Dreamweaver prior to the upload?

cicka

xenovanis

Quote from: cicka on July 17, 2010, 10:43:06 AM
Why do not you use a ftp program better?

For as far as I know Fetch is an ftp-client.

Quote from: HentzDynasty on July 17, 2010, 10:30:25 AM
I just deleted then re-uploaded the file using Fetch (since it was already on my computer.)  Same error.

cicka

Quote from: xenovanis on July 17, 2010, 10:51:18 AM
Quote from: cicka on July 17, 2010, 10:43:06 AM
Why do not you use a ftp program better?

For as far as I know Fetch is an ftp-client.

Quote from: HentzDynasty on July 17, 2010, 10:30:25 AM

Sorry, I missed that post. I only saw his other post about Dreamweaver CS4.

I had one more question for the OP, did you uninstall all the mods before the upgrade?

HentzDynasty

1. Since Dreamweaver works in multiple views, the load.php in my Local View (since I've not edited it) should be the original, uncorrupted version, correct (if that's what is indeed happening) so that was the file I re-uploaded using Fetch, having deleted the load.php (actually there were two) that was on the server.  I assume this was the correct thing to do?

2. I did not specifically uninstall any mods that may have existed (I assume since I don't remember specifically doing this step that they would still exist on the site if ever present.) I've just now taken over the website and am trying to update the group's website and therefore am somewhat disoriented as the technology on the website is archaic (most of it being built in tables instead of divs).

Help any?

xenovanis

Regardless, could you try attached Load.php (don't open it first) and attach yours in your reply? We have to agree there's something funky with the file, right?

cicka

Hopefully this will work. Maybe your file did not get overwritten properly. By the look of it there is a change in size between the 2 files.

xenovanis

'integrate_pre_include'../smf_2-0-rc3_upgrade Folder/Sources/]) && file_exists(strtr($modSettings['integrate_pre_include'../smf_2-0-rc3_upgrade Folder/Sources/], array('$boarddir' => $boarddir))))

:o

How did that get in there? Did Dramweaver reset all paths?

I'd suggest you download a new upgradepackage, unzip it and upload the files with an ftp-client to your server.

HentzDynasty

well, that new load.php seems to have done the trick (it's at least letting me continue on to step 5) so we'll see how the rest of upgrade goes.

for what it's worth, I'm new to php but decided to (after running into problems) take a look at line 290.  It seemed to point towards an old file location.  even after trying to fix the file location I returned the same error.  For my own curiosity, if you can figure out what the problem is with the old file, could you let me know if the problem had something to do with my suspicion or if it was something completely different?  I'd like to learn more about php so I can problem solve/troubleshoot myself more.  This is actually the first time I've been someone who's asked for help using a forum.

BTW, upgrade finished while I wrote this.  How long do my forums stay closed?

HentzDynasty

Quote from: xenovanis on July 17, 2010, 11:17:03 AM
'integrate_pre_include'../smf_2-0-rc3_upgrade Folder/Sources/]) && file_exists(strtr($modSettings['integrate_pre_include'../smf_2-0-rc3_upgrade Folder/Sources/], array('$boarddir' => $boarddir))))

:o

How did that get in there? Did Dramweaver reset all paths?

I'd suggest you download a new upgradepackage, unzip it and upload the files with an ftp-client to your server.

SEE! that's the part that didn't make sense.  I changed it to ../forum/Sources/ blah blah blah blah because it was no longer in the smf_2-0-rc3_Upgrade Folder.  even after changing the name, though, it still didn't work.  so do you just think the load.php wasn't referencing files correctly?

xenovanis

Well, I know Dreamweaver also has the habit to change url's and pathsettings to your local settings. There is a warning but that could easily be misread or missed.

The correct line should be

if (isset($modSettings['integrate_pre_include']) && file_exists(strtr($modSettings['integrate_pre_include'], array('$boarddir' => $boarddir))))

and you don't have to change anything.

Quote from: HentzDynasty on July 17, 2010, 11:22:27 AM
BTW, upgrade finished while I wrote this.  How long do my forums stay closed?

You weren't asked to login during upload?

In the file Settings.php, which is in the root of your foruminstall, change this line to

$maintenance = '0'; # Set to 1 to enable Maintenance Mode, 2 to make the forum untouchable. (you'll have to make it 0 again manually!)

Use a proper editor though, like Notepad++  ;)

If you don't want to edit any files anymore  :P, use repair_settings to get you out of Maintenance Mode.

What is repair_settings.php?

HentzDynasty

lol, I just deleted repair_settings.php because I didn't want my forums to be vulnerable anymore.  Oh well, that'll be a simple fix in my editor.

btw, not finding settings.php.   managesettings.php I assume?

Herman's Mixen

in your forum root path you find settings.php / settings_bak.php

not the managesettings.php coz thats a ./Source/managesettings.php
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

xenovanis

Don't want to be picky, but it's Settings.php (not settings.php).  :P

/your_forum_directory/Settings.php

HentzDynasty

Herman's Mixen

/forum/settings.php
/forum/settings_bak.php
/forum/SSI.php
/forum <== forum root path   ;)

Quote from: xenovanis on July 17, 2010, 11:44:07 AM
Don't want to be picky, but it's Settings.php (not settings.php).  :P

Yeah i know... Case sensative :P

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

HentzDynasty

yea, I was still looking Dw local view.  Then, feeling I had made that stupid error, I looked with Fetch and found it.  $me = n00b

xenovanis

HentzDynasty

yes, though not displaying correctly.

somethingelsetv.com/forum

Herman's Mixen

if your using the neptune theme from bloc on your site be sure u use the SMF 2.x RC2/3 Version to avoid problems :P

HentzDynasty

ya know what I think the problem is? it changed some of the links in the templates the same way it did with load.php.....

I think this because after logging into the forums as the admin, and trying to go to my CP, an error showed up and I saw the same reference to smf_2.0 rc3 upgrade blah blah.

xenovanis

Actually, that should have resulted more in a parseerror, like in the Load file.

I assume you used this theme on your 1.1.11 installation. 1.1.x themes are way different than themes for 2.0.x. You'll have to get the 2.0 version for that theme and install it.

Herman's Mixen

hm.. if those files are a few to edit use a proper editor like notepad/any text editor will do it.. dont use any WYSIWYG editors..

otherwise if they are a lot of files then use the large upgrade package upload and overwrite /Themes and /Sources with a good FTP-Client like FileZilla or simulair  ;)

HentzDynasty

Quote from: xenovanis on July 17, 2010, 12:15:25 PM
Actually, that should have resulted more in a parseerror, like in the Load file.

I assume you used this theme on your 1.1.11 installation. 1.1.x themes are way different than themes for 2.0.x. You'll have to get the 2.0 version for that theme and install it.

Here's what's going on (pic two is after a scroll througha small amount of code.)

xenovanis

Yeah, I see  ::)

You'll have to upload all files from a fresh downloaded upgradepackage again. Grap a new one from the download site.

You can leave out upgrade.php and the *.sql files.

HentzDynasty

alright, I'll give that a try.  I think that's what was going on with my other theme then, too.  If I can't figure it out I'll respond (though I guess we would have moved into a different problem and therefore should change to another thread?)

xenovanis

Since it's still related to the original issue, keep it here.

Good luck  ;)

HentzDynasty

awesome.  now I have noticed that my SSI.php is different. I manually installed a mod for ssi_boardNews where I was able to specify what board I was echoing on different parts of my page.  Since the SSI.php was upgraded as well, I copy and pasted the boardNews function from my moded original and pasted it over the boardNews part of the upgrade.  however, I'm getting an error saying I'm calling an undefined function: dbquery ().  it's part of the code that was moded.

now to the question: Do you know of a forum/download that will allow me to mod the new SSI.php to allow this functionality but not have undefined functions?

xenovanis

HentzDynasty

Hopefully this'll explain better:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=759

that's the mod I used when I was on 1.1.11.  I'm hoping one exists for 2.0???

xenovanis

HentzDynasty

so, after redownloading the large upgrade package and FTPing them with Fetch (to make sure Dw didn't screw up anything), the page still isn't displaying correctly.  I feel like it should be an easy fix, but am not familiar enough with PHP to know what to do.

http://www.somethingelsetv.net/forum/index.php

It's showing the bottom half of the page first, then showing the top and footer.  When I go into a topic, however, all the information displays correctly (save one or two icons here and there.)

There a simple way to check/fix php so items on the page display in the correct order?

xenovanis

This theme is not compatible with 2.0, for as far as I know. 1.1.x themes won't work with 2.0.x, there's just too many changes.

HentzDynasty

I've gone in to my theme and changed it to the RC3 version.  should I just look through and delete the old version to ensure no mistakes?

btw, I noticed that the page doesn't mess up unless logged in and on index.php.

xenovanis

Is that the 1.1 RC3 of the 2.0 RC 3 version?

Just wondering, since the theme is installed in the folder /Themes/neptune11rc3.

HentzDynasty

I didn't realize there was a RC3 in 1.1, so I just assumed that RC3 would be the most recent.  however, after looking at the download file, only four themes seem to come with 2.0 and even at that only default seems to be working.

Looks like I'll just have to tell the group I'm doing this for that the forum will have to start using a different theme?

xenovanis

I don't know if Bloc intends to update this theme. It looks like it was abandoned somewhere in 2008. However, I'm not sure what you mean by only 4 themes for 2.0?

=54]http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;version[]=54

In addition, there are more sites to offer themes for 2.0 RC3:
http://www.blocweb.net/index.php&action=bwgallery
www.dzinerstudio.com

HentzDynasty

with the original download, I mean.  But installing new themes is super simple so it's no big deal.  thanks a ton for all the help.

xenovanis

True, that's to keep it compact. The first series contained only 2 even  ;)

If you're on a slow uploadconnection, the more themes to upload, the longer it takes.

Advertisement: