Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luuuciano

Can someone tell me if this vimeo video works ok in SAVE?

https://vimeo.com/109523905

For some reason it is being showed as a plain link in our forum :(
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Steve

It does the same for me but if I make it http instead of https it works fine.
DO NOT pm me for support!

luuuciano

Quote from: Steve on November 01, 2014, 10:00:12 PM
It does the same for me but if I make it http instead of https it works fine.

nice workaround... :-B
thanks!
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

SMFHacks.com Team

Large update

+Added setting to disable autoembedding for mobile devices instead will just show the link as normal.
+New regex replacement function thanks to petitchevalroux
+Updated dailymotion embed code thanks to petitchevalroux
+Added https support for vimeo.com
+Added support for coub.com
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

ardvark

Hi Guys,

I mean absolutely no offense by this as I love your work.  How are some forums able to embed Vimeo in posts so that it works for ios devices?

Again many thanks and 3.0 is a nice workaround. 

vbgamer45

They might have a better embed code I might be using an older embed code.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ardvark

I see.  Is it a large project to change to the current embed code?  Happy to PayPal pitch in for that addition.

Thanks again for all of your efforts and support here!

vbgamer45

Would need to look at the embed code if they have changed it then update it when possible.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

larry007

Hi  :'(

I have a big problem...

i have deinstall the mod  V2.7.2 because i want to upgrade to 3.0

After i click deinstall now i have a white site on my forum, any help for me?

www.bundeswehr-feuerwehr.de

luuuciano

Quote from: larry007 on November 03, 2014, 08:29:48 AM
After i click deinstall now i have a white site on my forum, any help for me?

Do a mod parse and check that failed change in your QueryString.php file, what is different, etc (or attach it here, and wait for someone help)

vbgamer45

Also you don't have to uninstall the mod you should be able to just install the new version on top

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

larry007

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 03, 2014, 09:20:20 AM
Also you don't have to uninstall the mod you should be able to just install the new version on top

what a mes... ok for next time

always a proplem for me

EDIT

Puh... everything fine now... i have done it on my self, thank you

little question:

what are the file QueryString.php~  with this ~ ?

ardvark

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 03, 2014, 08:19:51 AM
Would need to look at the embed code if they have changed it then update it when possible.

That would be very helpful.  iOS is now 32% of total site traffic now for us and mobile as a whole is over 50%.  That happened quick.  :)

vbgamer45

Quote from: larry007 on November 03, 2014, 09:25:27 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 03, 2014, 09:20:20 AM

what a mes... ok for next time

always a proplem for me

EDIT

Puh... everything fine now... i have done it on my self, thank you

little question:

what are the file QueryString.php~  with this ~ ?

~ files are added by the package manager when a mod edits a file. It is the backup file to revert to

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

szinski

FEATURE REQUEST

Any way to have the mod NOT embed videos in quoted replies?

It's quite annoying to have someone post a video, then 10 people quote/reply to that post, and all 10 replies have the embedded video displayed.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DevinMariah

Quote from: 青山 素子 on October 20, 2014, 07:41:49 PM
As a summarization of Arantor's post: You can play back video in the browser using cool tools like FlowPlayer, VideoJS, etc. However, the browser playing the video or the components displaying the video must be able to decode the video. WMV is a Microsoft-specific format and while supported on Windows, has no native support anywhere else. This means you won't be able to play wmv on mobile devices, OS X, Linux, or anything that is not Windows by default.

For OS X, there is the commercial product Flip4Mac, but the person viewing the video must have purchased and installed this tool. If it's not installed, the video playback just won't work.

About the best you could do on the server end is to use a tool to transcode to a commonly supported format for uploaded videos.

For OS X, There are four apps u can use for WMVs:
1. VLC/MPlayer OSX, play most WMVs, quick response, VLC has some masks when seeking
2. QT+flip4mac, play most WMVs, slow response(flip4mac is commercial as mentioned above)
3. Windows media player for Mac (ppc, old), play all, slow, not UB
4. Macgo Free Mac Media Player, play most .wmvs on Mac, clear interface, quick response
Notice, there are some WMVs (Not DRM protected) can't be played properly in VLC/Mplayer/QT+flip4mac

ardvark

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 02, 2014, 12:45:06 PM
They might have a better embed code I might be using an older embed code.

Hi,

This is what vimeo has on their site:

Why won't my embedded video play back on mobile devices?

The old object-based Flash embed code is not compatible on mobile.  Make sure you're using the iframe embed code, and that you don't modify any of the attributes in the embed code unless you know what you're doing!

Do I have to do anything special to make my videos mobile-compatible?

The only requirement is to generate mobile versions of your videos. The iframe embed code will automatically serve the correct version of your videos depending on what device someone is using to view them. Anyone going to your video on vimeo.com with a mobile device should be redirected to the shiny mobile site. We'll do all the hard work so you can focus on making your videos!

SMFHacks.com Team

New release
+Updated Vimeo sharing to use the iframe based code instead of object
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Advertisement: