News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

theiceman

automatic installation worked without errors (smf 2 RC4)

but there is no button in the editor and if i just post a link like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxx [nofollow]  nothing happens

how should this mod look/work?

vbgamer45

You need to enabled auto embeding for youtube in the admin panel.
Once you do just post the link into a message
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

theiceman

wow that was quick :)

also added the lines in the germanmod file and now everything is working fine !

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vision777

I am not a programmer but couldn`t you tell me how to do the same thing?
Thanks!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

theiceman

I am not a programmer but couldn`t you tell me how to do the same thing?
Thanks!

1.   I installed the Mod over the Admin Center

+

2. (i think you just have to do that if your board is not in english)

i changed the content of the two files mentioned below (replace english with the language of your board)

you can open them by using the admin panel:  Theme & Layout -> edit themes -> browse files
or using a ftp tool + editor

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php

the required changes are descriped in http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681  (top right corner -> Manual Install Instructions for SMF  [ select your version ] then press parse

+

3. went to the admin center

Simple Audio Video Embedder
-Settings 
(and enabled all services that i wanted)

i hope thats what you wanted ^^ and sorry for my not so perfect english ;)

Zirc

Okay I've got a little issue and I guess I never tested it before this latest release but when I use this mod and post a url in my shoutbox it auto embeds there too.  Is there anyway to make it so it doesn't auto embed in the shout box?  As you can see by the screenshot it really screws it up.  If I turn off the url bbc for the shoutbox it won't auto embed but I also won't have a clickable link, which i want.

Any help would be great.

SMF 2.0RC4
SimplePortal 2.3.3
SimpleAudioVideoEmbeder 1.0.9

vbgamer45

It does auto embed were ever there is code called by the parse_bbc function.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Zirc

Hmm.. thanks for the quick reply.  This is no good since I can't have videos embedded in my shoutbox but need the ability for clickable url's to be posted there.  I guess I never really thought about it since I have Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 7.0 on my 1.1.11 production site and that mod doesn't embed in the shoutbox.  I wonder how that author was able to exclude it from the shoutbox.

vbgamer45

Probably just a check/flag for the post area. I can probably add it as a setting.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Zirc

It would be nice to have it as a setting at least.  I for one would prefer auto embedding be disabled for shoutboxes but some people may use them in a wider area than i do so it wouldn't be a big deal.  If you could point me to what to edit i can make the change myself and then just enter that into my site customization thread.  There is alot that I adjust with the way things work :D

sdkid

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 10, 2010, 09:42:09 PM
Probably just a check/flag for the post area. I can probably add it as a setting.
First of all-- this mod ROCKS!  Mostly because it just friggin Works!  Bravo!

Now...Is there an easy way to add permissions to this?  I want to have my admins be able to post a video, but I do NOT want the members to have that ability. 

PS:  Tinypic.com accepts videos too... hint hint!   ;)

vbgamer45

Permissions are not built in. The mod just parses links and turns them into a video player.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

eyo

this is a stupid question but what do i need to put in the forum to use this? i tried enabling flash player still nothing.

vbgamer45

You just need to install the mod then enable each video sharing site under Simple Audito Video Embder settings.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kette.master

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 26, 2010, 09:42:08 AM
The only way to do that (change the size of the video window) currently you would need to edit the database entires in mediapro_sites and update the embed code

Would you happen to have instructions on how to do this?
The mod works great, but the video window is way too big.

vbgamer45

You would need to go inside the database and find the video embeding table and then find the entry for the video site that you would like to reduce.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: