SwitchPermissions

Started by [SiNaN], August 20, 2010, 03:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

Link to Mod

Switch Permissions

This mod allows admins to switch to permissions of another user on the forum.

In order to switch permissions, you need to click the [Switch Permissions] link on members' profile summary.

-[SiNaN]
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Joker™

Perfectly awesome mod, got me to save a lot of time in my work.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

DoctorMalboro

Great Mod [SiNaN]... it's perfect for mod developers... ;)

Spoogs

grafitus

It's interesting and great. Congratulations Sinan! Translation waiting me. :)

yakyakyak

mgrmgr

Does something similar exist for the 1.1.11 version or do you plan on extend your mod for that version?? I'd love to have that one for our forum instead creating a "dummy user" for each user group to check what they can in fact see and/or do - that would be a huge help!

Maxkranen

WillyP

Just what I needed!

BTW, if you are using Ultimate Profile,  you will have to manually add the switch. Parse the instructions and where it says to find and replace in  './Themes/default/Profile.template.php',  do that in 'UltimateProfile.template.php' instead.

Masterd

Nice mod! :D I'm using it since beta version. How can I integrate this into a Ultimate Profile?

WillyP

Read my last post.  Just above yours.  :o

[SiNaN]

This mod is fine with RC4 without any changes. So there won't be any updates.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

abraamz

Extremely usefull. Thanks a lot [SiNaN]

virtualdave

This was very useful. Any plans to update for SMF GOLD?

live627

Quote from: [SiNaN] on December 03, 2010, 06:15:36 AM
This mod is fine with RC4 without any changes. So there won't be any updates.
Same for Final, really.

Inti31

okay, an older topic... - just a quick question...
does anyone have this running in 2.0.2?
I can install it without any problem, but the 'change permission' dialog is not listed in profile - summary...
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

brynn

Hi Friends,
Sorry for posting in old topic, but it really doesn't seem appropriate to start a new one.

Since it says compatible with 2.0 RC4, I tried installing on SMF 2.04.  Appears to install without any problems, but doesn't seem to work.  I can't find "Switch Permission" anywhere.

I guess, judging by previous comments, that there's no interest in updating it?  But as a first-time admin, building my 1st forum, it surely would be helpful to be able to switch quickly, with logging out and logging in, and logging out and logging in, every time I need to check out what regular members can or can't, see or do.  So if it were to spark anyone's interest, I would vote for an update  :D

Or is there some alternative trick for this, that I just haven't learned yet?  I didn't think it was possible to be logged in to 2 different accounts at the same time.   Is there??

Thanks for any comments  :)

Neo_TE

Quote from: brynn on July 13, 2013, 10:25:04 AM
Hi Friends,
Sorry for posting in old topic, but it really doesn't seem appropriate to start a new one.

Since it says compatible with 2.0 RC4, I tried installing on SMF 2.04.  Appears to install without any problems, but doesn't seem to work.  I can't find "Switch Permission" anywhere.

I guess, judging by previous comments, that there's no interest in updating it?  But as a first-time admin, building my 1st forum, it surely would be helpful to be able to switch quickly, with logging out and logging in, and logging out and logging in, every time I need to check out what regular members can or can't, see or do.  So if it were to spark anyone's interest, I would vote for an update  :D

Or is there some alternative trick for this, that I just haven't learned yet? I didn't think it was possible to be logged in to 2 different accounts at the same time.   Is there??

Yes its possible. Use 2 browsers, I mean like Firefox (admin) & Firefox Aurora (test user) like me. :D

4Kstore

Quote from: brynn on July 13, 2013, 10:25:04 AM
Hi Friends,

Or is there some alternative trick for this, that I just haven't learned yet?  I didn't think it was possible to be logged in to 2 different accounts at the same time.   Is there??

check the first image on the mod page...
You need to enter to the test account profile page and click in "switch permissions" at the left

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

brynn

Quote from: 4Kstore on July 13, 2013, 10:30:06 PM
check the first image on the mod page...
You need to enter to the test account profile page and click in "switch permissions" at the left

4Kstore, well yes, of course that's where I looked, but it's not there.  Let me get a screenshot....  Ok, please see attached.  Note that I also tried in a different theme, and even in the default "Curve" theme, without any more luck.

Use an entirely different browser, xPandax?  Well, I suppose that's what they call "quick and dirty" huh?  :laugh:  I guess it's better than nothing though.  But it would be nice if this mod were working.

4Kstore, or anyone --  now that you see it's not there, any hints or tips to get it working?  Please let me know if there's any technical info I can provide.  Or else confirmation that it's not supposed to work in SMF 2.04?

Thanks for your help  :)

Advertisement: